Good Morning Everyone, I just ordered me a Blackberry Z10 and wanted to make sure I have everything ready to go when it gets here when it comes to the 10.2 Beta and running 4.2.2 apps

Short Background on me, I am a hardcore phone enthusiast and really loved Blackberry.. when the HTC EVO came out I didn't really touch a Blackberry after that until the Torch.. but only had that for a few weeks because Spotify wasn't out for it at the time. I have had over 30 phones in the past 5 years, and now a developer on XDA with a ROM out for the Galaxy S4. I have been wanting to give the Z10 and the BB 10 OS a chance, but nothing really gave me a push until I had a friend come into town, and she showed me that the BB 10 OS can run Android apps.. Seems like a perfect phone now

My goal is to get the phone and get it ready for 4.2.2 Apps. I believe I have all the steps, but I have been out of the BB 10 game for a while.. just really know the BES part of BB now.. Really excited to get back in..

Step 1. Download and install BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1521
    Step 2. Download and install 810 runtime
    Step 3. Follow this to convert APK to BAR, How to Convert Android 2.3.3 Apps for BlackBerry 10 - N4BB I assume it will be the same for 4.2.2?

4? Enjoy?

If step three is outdated, if I am missing something, or have something in there that I don't need.. Please let me know

I hope to become active on this forum and start hacking away at the Z10
    09-10-13 09:06 AM
    Good Morning Everyone, I just ordered me a Blackberry Z10 and wanted to make sure I have everything ready to go when it gets here when it comes to the 10.2 Beta and running 4.2.2 apps

Short Background on me, I am a hardcore phone enthusiast and really loved Blackberry.. when the HTC EVO came out I didn't really touch a Blackberry after that until the Torch.. but only had that for a few weeks because Spotify wasn't out for it at the time. I have had over 30 phones in the past 5 years, and now a developer on XDA with a ROM out for the Galaxy S4. I have been wanting to give the Z10 and the BB 10 OS a chance, but nothing really gave me a push until I had a friend come into town, and she showed me that the BB 10 OS can run Android apps.. Seems like a perfect phone now

My goal is to get the phone and get it ready for 4.2.2 Apps. I believe I have all the steps, but I have been out of the BB 10 game for a while.. just really know the BES part of BB now.. Really excited to get back in..

Step 3. Follow this to convert APK to BAR, How to Convert Android 2.3.3 Apps for BlackBerry 10 - N4BB I assume it will be the same for 4.2.2?

4? Enjoy?

If step three is outdated, if I am missing something, or have something in there that I don't need.. Please let me know

Welcome to CB

You will love the Z10
    svfusion likes this.
    09-10-13 09:15 AM
    I need to know how to back up text messages.

Welcome to cb

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 09:39 AM
    looks like you can use this.. SMS Backup from http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ssages-801268/

Do you steps look ok to get 4.2.2 apps working on 10.2? Do I need to install this on step 2 instead of what I have posted?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-842651/
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-10-13 09:50 AM
    With android runtime unlocked you can sideload android apps for example candy crush or temple run without debug token

#ichooseblackberry10
    svfusion likes this.
    09-10-13 10:08 AM
    With android runtime unlocked you can sideload android apps for example candy crush or temple run without debug token

#ichooseblackberry10
    Ok, so I just install 10.2 beta, install the unlocked android run time, then convert apps and then slide load?
    09-10-13 10:21 AM
    Have you do hard reset after you install the runtime?if you have then you good to go

#ichooseblackberry10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-10-13 10:30 AM
    Ok, so I just install 10.2 beta, install the unlocked android run time, then convert apps and then slide load?
    Yep. That's pretty much it. You can also just download pre-converted apps.

One note though... I believe 10.2.0.1521 is for STL100-1 only. So if you've got STL100-2/3/4, I think 10.2.0.1443 is the newest leak for you. Or you can just wait another week or so for a newer leak to come out. =P

Posted via CB10
    svfusion likes this.
    09-10-13 11:04 AM

4? Enjoy?

Since you've been away from BlackBerry devices for a while, an important note. Battery pulls are a thing of the past -- absolute last resort only in BlackBerry 10.

• Restart: Press and hold the top edge power button a couple seconds until you see the RESTART at lower right.
    • Reboot option 1: Press and hold the top edge power button until the device powers down, and the startup screen appears.
    • Reboot option 2: Press and hold both up and down volume keys until the device powers down and the startup screen appears. *** This is the reboot recommended by most of the BerryLeaks Team. (I think most of that group are a little crazy, but they sure as heck know what they're talking about.) I recall in one of their posts, it was mentioned that this method, while somewhat slower, also includes a behind-the-scenes diagnostic during the reboot process.

As for the rest, the BB 10 Leaked/Beta OS forum has some stickies you should take a look at: BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    You can pick up the latest & greatest info there. The latest leak will always be at or close to the top of the most recent posts in that forum. Each leak post gives instructions, known issues/fixes, and sometimes options as well.

Runtime: The info about the Android runtime included with the leak will usually be there as well. That tends to dictate the side-load method required. (This little gem has been working well for me, though: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-842651/)

Welcome and Good Luck.
    svfusion likes this.
    09-10-13 12:08 PM
    blackberry link sucks smh.
    svfusion likes this.
    09-10-13 12:34 PM
    Z10 kicks ****, plunging into 10.2 fun tomorrow
    svfusion and Mel25 like this.
    09-10-13 01:02 PM
    Since you've been away from BlackBerry devices for a while, an important note. Battery pulls are a thing of the past -- absolute last resort only in BlackBerry 10.

• Restart: Press and hold the top edge power button a couple seconds until you see the RESTART at lower right.
    • Reboot option 1: Press and hold the top edge power button until the device powers down, and the startup screen appears.
    • Reboot option 2: Press and hold both up and down volume keys until the device powers down and the startup screen appears. *** This is the reboot recommended by most of the BerryLeaks Team. (I think most of that group are a little crazy, but they sure as heck know what they're talking about.) I recall in one of their posts, it was mentioned that this method, while somewhat slower, also includes a behind-the-scenes diagnostic during the reboot process.

As for the rest, the BB 10 Leaked/Beta OS forum has some stickies you should take a look at: BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    You can pick up the latest & greatest info there. The latest leak will always be at or close to the top of the most recent posts in that forum. Each leak post gives instructions, known issues/fixes, and sometimes options as well.

Runtime: The info about the Android runtime included with the leak will usually be there as well. That tends to dictate the side-load method required. (This little gem has been working well for me, though: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-842651/)

Welcome and Good Luck.
    Thank you!!
    09-10-13 03:08 PM
    Thank you!!
    No problem.
    Also, as Mel25 put it so eloquently above, BlackBerry Link sucks. The backup/restore is slow, and hit & miss for some users. I've switched to Sachesi (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/) for my backup/restore needs. It offers the same options as Link and creates/restores the same *.bbb files as Link.
    I first used it to restore a Link backup that Link couldn't. It also has a number of other functions, including allowing a user to side-load BAR files without going into development mode. (Not a big deal, but it saves a step or two.)
    svfusion and Mel25 like this.
    09-10-13 03:46 PM
    No problem.
    Also, as Mel25 put it so eloquently above, BlackBerry Link sucks. The backup/restore is slow, and hit & miss for some users. I've switched to Sachesi (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/) for my backup/restore needs. It offers the same options as Link and creates/restores the same *.bbb files as Link.
    I first used it to restore a Link backup that Link couldn't. It also has a number of other functions, including allowing a user to side-load BAR files without going into development mode. (Not a big deal, but it saves a step or two.)
    Ah, can I use this to install 10.2 Beta and slide load the Android Unlocked Framework?
    nevermind.. it seems like I just click the exe that is in the rar from,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-843903/

Then after that, I slide load the unlocked framework using Sachesi.. then slide load my android apps?
    Last edited by svfusion; 09-10-13 at 06:05 PM.
    09-10-13 05:52 PM
    Yes sir after you install the android runtime unlocked you can side load your android apps but take notes you have to reboot your device first press volume +/- until off

After that you can open you android apps

#ichooseblackberry10
    09-10-13 07:33 PM
    Ah, can I use this to install 10.2 Beta and slide load the Android Unlocked Framework?
    nevermind.. it seems like I just click the exe that is in the rar from,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-843903/

Then after that, I slide load the unlocked framework using Sachesi.. then slide load my android apps?
    Bingo. Runtime, reboot. Then any other side loads.
    BTW, If I'm side-loading unfamiliar apps, I do them one at a time. I've had a couple of stinkers that have sucked the battery or caused overheating. Adding them one at a time allows me to tell which is the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:36 PM
    Yes you have the steps correct in your original post. Enjoy your new Z10 I'm sure you'll love it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    09-10-13 09:47 PM
    Running 10.2 with android unlocked runtime, this phone gets even better
    Can't believe I waited so long to get a Z10 !
    09-11-13 05:25 PM