Agree with your comments as I have had my share of frustrations with BB10, but somehow I return to it as my favorite OS.

I have to also carry an iPhone or Android phone to be able to get my work emails (they don't support BB10), so I was pretty excited when I bought a Nexus 5 a few months ago. Of course, the first thing I did was to install all the widgets and apps that I thought were a must when I couldn't get them in BB10. But, after just a couple of months the novelty wore off and I found myself using my Z10 when I had a choice to use either. Don't get me wrong, Nexus 5 is a great device, but I started disliking Android more and more when I noticed the lack of permission control on apps and all the Google data exchange that I seemed to have little control over. All the stories about malware and security holes also made the matters worse for me.

Anyway, I have since ordered myself a Q10, which shows how much more satisfied I am with BB10 (over Android, or iOS which I had prior to switching to Z10). I love the size and capability of Q10 for carrying on my belt all day and using it for communication. I will then use a Z30 or Passport (or even the Z10) at home for internet browsing and media. My hope is that my company adopts BB10 so that I can get my work emails on it too, and then I would not have to use anything else but BB!

Posted via Z10
    08-03-14 10:27 PM
    I have stuck with Blackberry and I one of the major issues I have is why can't they fix the Facebook and LinkedIn apps???

These are two very important apps, not only for folks who use social media, but business folks such as myself. I still cannot modify my profile in the LinkedIn app??? WTF!!!

I have sent many messages to LinkedIn about this and with no response??? The Facebook app is done by Blackberry and still hasn't worked properly after several OS updates???

Why can't Blackberry commit some resources to fix these issues? Just venting some steam, oh well.

These are only a couple small issues but are big ones for new users coming into the Blackberry world and users like myself who feel that we shouldn't be having these issues this far along in OS10???

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    When you vent and voice your complaints I take it seriously, you're a reasonable person and you try so hard to be loyal but yet you're not blind or a fanboy who thinks BlackBerry is a god.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 08:43 AM
    I have stuck with Blackberry and I one of the major issues I have is why can't they fix the Facebook and LinkedIn apps???

These are two very important apps, not only for folks who use social media, but business folks such as myself. I still cannot modify my profile in the LinkedIn app??? WTF!!!

I have sent many messages to LinkedIn about this and with no response??? The Facebook app is done by Blackberry and still hasn't worked properly after several OS updates???

Why can't Blackberry commit some resources to fix these issues? Just venting some steam, oh well.

These are only a couple small issues but are big ones for new users coming into the Blackberry world and users like myself who feel that we shouldn't be having these issues this far along in OS10???

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    FB app is made by BB with the APIs they can get.
    Linkedin made by Linkedin, so it is their fault. not the platform.
    08-04-14 09:33 AM
    All of these complaints are legitimate, and I also have no idea what the F BlackBerry is doing other than abandoning the consumer market.

It is obvious reading this forum that both long-term and newbie customers are becoming very frustrated with how things are going, myself included. From device form factor choices to the BB10 software side, the BlackBerry experience is just not headed in a direction that's bringing us a lot of comfort.

I plan on sticking with BlackBerry for at least another few months. I hope that a leak or new OS release convinces me to extend my stay.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    08-04-14 02:54 PM
    I don' underdstand why people want to watch movies on a 16:9 SMARTPHONE screen. Thats stupid. Use a tv for that...

Posted via CB10
    I can't fit a 32" TV in my pocket when I travel.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    drfever likes this.
    08-04-14 05:23 PM
    I use a tablet. Not a LOLbook though
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    08-04-14 05:49 PM
    Sounds like you'd be perfect for android. If I were you I wouldn't even wait.
    08-04-14 06:34 PM
    I switched devices late last year because I shared the OP views. And I parked up the Z10. As a heavy user the iPhone handled my work needs (email on the go etc) quite well; yes it's more an IM / toy but it worked for me none the less. I normally receive 150 work related emails on a slow day (Oil & Gas sector- logistics, contracts & purchasing). And there was never any trouble.

That being said I desired better battery life and I got a Z30, but the sentiments are the same, why in this era must I sideload? Why should BlackBerry play catch up?
    Why can't contacts function properly? On the iPhone I had the same multiple accounts synced, and yet no duplication, no delay when searching for a specific contact. Hell I have contacts but can't even send them a whatsapp message (they're listed in contacts, but not in whatsapp listing, refreshing doesn't work to get them on whatsapp).

BlackBerry is a nice device, but not so nice when it has to catch up to get close to the competitors and they can only blame themselves.

As for the Passport et al, they aren't game changers and I believe they too will also struggle; yes we may need tools , not toys but consumers and their purchases say otherwise. If it works for them, who are we to judge? BlackBerry works for majority of us on this site. Perhaps the shoe is on the other foot?

I'll stick around with the Z30 for a while longer, maybe till year's end.

Caribbean Z30
    drfever likes this.
    08-04-14 06:45 PM
    I can't argue with the Op. 7 years ago the high school jock qb (BB) got outdone by the well established freshman (Apple). The jock got comfy and relaxed too much, thinking no nkotb is going to take his place at #1; he got treated like a fool, and now everyone is kicking his ***.

7 years to get back in the gym and fix things, but most of those years were spent being drunk and in denial about what the fans really want. When reality started to settle in, the fans had already switched. Now only mom, dad and a few nostalgic fans support the jock. 2% of the US market speaks for itself.

If BlackBerry were to fall to the axeman, it's their own doing. I hope the company is returned to profitability because competition is good for the consumer (like how Apple flipped the smart phone industry on its ears). I could go on, but there's no point.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Us market isn't the only market.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 01:15 PM
    I've always been loyal to BlackBerry and have had 3 BlackBerry 10 devices as well as countless legacy devices. I just find it unbelievable that a so called business device totally screws up Google calendar sync all the time. If Apple ever increase the battery capacity for the iPhone I'll be long gone from here. There's no point even talking about the lack of apps.....

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 02:40 PM
    I think it's a good thing to live with something else a few months. I've done so with Android twice now only to return to BlackBerry. For all BlackBerrys issues I still find it compelling as a day to day tool, for my use case.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 02:44 PM
    I think it's a good thing to live with something else a few months. I've done so with Android twice now only to return to BlackBerry. For all BlackBerrys issues I still find it compelling as a day to day tool, for my use case.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Find it hard to stay away for all its faults.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 02:46 PM
    As much as I find issue with bb10 I hate the android UI. Although I would love for them to take the best of Android and bring to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 03:43 PM
    Me too. Find it hard to stay away for all its faults.

Posted via CB10
    I feel you on that. Even if I do change up devices, I plan on keeping my Z30 and Z10 as backups just in case I want to come back to BB10. It just makes good sense.

For now, my sim card stays in my Z30. The software side can be frustrating, but BB10 is very swipealicious.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    08-05-14 04:01 PM
    Agree with your comments as I have had my share of frustrations with BB10, but somehow I return to it as my favorite OS.

I have to also carry an iPhone or Android phone to be able to get my work emails (they don't support BB10), so I was pretty excited when I bought a Nexus 5 a few months ago. Of course, the first thing I did was to install all the widgets and apps that I thought were a must when I couldn't get them in BB10. But, after just a couple of months the novelty wore off and I found myself using my Z10 when I had a choice to use either. Don't get me wrong, Nexus 5 is a great device, but I started disliking Android more and more when I noticed the lack of permission control on apps and all the Google data exchange that I seemed to have little control over. All the stories about malware and security holes also made the matters worse for me.

Anyway, I have since ordered myself a Q10, which shows how much more satisfied I am with BB10 (over Android, or iOS which I had prior to switching to Z10). I love the size and capability of Q10 for carrying on my belt all day and using it for communication. I will then use a Z30 or Passport (or even the Z10) at home for internet browsing and media. My hope is that my company adopts BB10 so that I can get my work emails on it too, and then I would not have to use anything else but BB!

Posted via Z10
    ...what email program are they using?...if they are using Outlook use the 'Email Forwarding' feature and all your emails should (I don't know 100%) forward them to the email address on you BlackBerry...I use this as a temporary measure...the only pain in the *** is that when you reply to an email, if you don't change the 'To:' field to whoever sent the email, it will reply back to you inbox...and what I did for this is sync all my Outlook contacts to my BlackBerry so I just tap the address to highlight it, hit the 'x' then start typing the address as needed and it will auto fill it in...don't know if this work around will work for you as well...but it has kept me going until head office sets me up right..

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:44 AM
    I use a tablet. Not a LOLbook though
    Nothing wrong with videos on a PlayBook. Even better with hdmi out

Via CB10 Runnin Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    08-11-14 08:12 AM
    Once android 5.0 comes out in November that's going to address all the criticisms that get leveled at android for not appearing unified enough...
    And this is the exact problem with Android. I started playing with Android back in version 2.1 on an HTC Legend. "Once Android 2.2 comes out, all problems will be solved." Next, when all problems weren't solved, "Once Android 2.3 comes out, those problems will be solved." This goes on version to version to version. Then you hit the bump when the 'next' version will make you happy, but it won't be available for your device. So you need to upgrade and the cycle starts all over again.

In my eyes, Android is always promising, has lots of good stuff, but always feels like it's incomplete. BB10 has done an amazing job in its short lifespan with OS updates. So far, none of the updates abandoning any of their devices. That will come soon enough I imagine, though.
    08-11-14 08:36 AM
    And this is the exact problem with Android. I started playing with Android back in version 2.1 on an HTC Legend. "Once Android 2.2 comes out, all problems will be solved." Next, when all problems weren't solved, "Once Android 2.3 comes out, those problems will be solved." This goes on version to version to version. Then you hit the bump when the 'next' version will make you happy, but it won't be available for your device. So you need to upgrade and the cycle starts all over again.

In my eyes, Android is always promising, has lots of good stuff, but always feels like it's incomplete. BB10 has done an amazing job in its short lifespan with OS updates. So far, none of the updates abandoning any of their devices. That will come soon enough I imagine, though.
    To be fair, the OS hasn't been out for two years, so people are only now wondering which phone they will go to next. I wouldn't expect the Z10 to get updates after 10.4. Also, there's an awful lot of "the next version will fix everything!" being said about BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-11-14 08:47 AM
    ...what email program are they using?...if they are using Outlook use the 'Email Forwarding' feature and all your emails should (I don't know 100%) forward them to the email address on you BlackBerry...I use this as a temporary measure...the only pain in the *** is that when you reply to an email, if you don't change the 'To:' field to whoever sent the email, it will reply back to you inbox...and what I did for this is sync all my Outlook contacts to my BlackBerry so I just tap the address to highlight it, hit the 'x' then start typing the address as needed and it will auto fill it in...don't know if this work around will work for you as well...but it has kept me going until head office sets me up right..

Posted via CB10
    They use Lotus Notes and issue old blackberries to their management on their enterprise servers, but only offer bring your own device on iOS and Android. No option for Bring Your Own blackberries, even the old ones.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:56 PM
    To be fair, the OS hasn't been out for two years, so people are only now wondering which phone they will go to next. I wouldn't expect the Z10 to get updates after 10.4. Also, there's an awful lot of "the next version will fix everything!" being said about BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Which would make sense since bb10 has been around for less than 2 years?

Android has been around for a while. For bb10 it's still excusable (not by non savvy customers) but still you get my point. After 3 years it probably wouldn't be a good excuse to use for bb10

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 11:32 PM
    M new to BlackBerry..... after long time waiting I finally got my z3 and I was very happy.....well I hate to say but m really getting frustrated
    1. Browser works lovely..... n suddenly it'll stop
    Responding n it doesn't download anything not even
    Images. After sometime it works it opens everything.
    But doesn't download......

2. At beginning android apps worked like charm.....
    But now not even single android app is working and
    M not able to delete also..... when I read some posts
    Here in cb I saw same problems with android runtime
    But its fine I can somewhat deal with it.....

3. But the most frustrating hpnd is wen m using
    Internet suddenly the........................... network
    Activated to gsm no 3g no edge nothing I tried
    Everything I even checked in my android it
    worked ....... well I can not pull battery though so i
    Waited patiently after 11 or 13 hours this.........
    BlackBerry got edge

But I really love z3... BlackBerry is unique this os is simply amazing faster and and and and and and and and and and and it's just amazing guys tats it.......
    Hope 10.3 solves some issues coz I don't want to go back to iPhone or Android

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 02:44 PM
    Which would make sense since bb10 has been around for less than 2 years?

Android has been around for a while. For bb10 it's still excusable (not by non savvy customers) but still you get my point. After 3 years it probably wouldn't be a good excuse to use for bb10

Posted via CB10
    I was referring to your comment about BlackBerry having yet to abandon one of their BB10 devices yet. You're lusting that as a big plus, but the platform isn't old enough for them to have abandoned any devices.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    08-12-14 03:14 PM
47 12