I deleted Whatsapp months ago. Both before and after that point I backed up my device.

I recently did some leak install and reversion (back to 10.2.1) and after restoring, every day at midnight, like a restless soul doomed to walk the earth forever, I get a "Account Info Needed" notification.

How do I make it stop? I want my Z30 to forget it ever knew Whatsapp, and stop the notifications that just serve as a reminder that Whatsapp was acquired by Facebook for a bazillion dollars and BBM don't get enuf respekt.

EDIT: thanks flacko: so if I understand correctly:

With respect to headless apps / Hub integration / account information, there is a difference between UNINSTALLING an app and NOT REINSTALLING after a restore.

If you want to get rid of an app that has Hub integration or whatnot with associated account credentials, first UNINSTALL the app, then do a backup so when you restore, the zombie credential request will not be made.

I've just reinstalled Blaq and Whatsapp on my Z30, then removed Whatsapp (Blaq is pretty slick, gonna keep it but I just don't use Twitter all that much) and I'm doing a backup, so hopefully after I restore onto my Passport, I won't have trouble with Whatsapp nagging me daily to enter credentials.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-29-14 at 11:24 AM.
    09-14-14 08:42 AM
    I get it for all my ACTIVE email accounts! SO it's lying besides!
    I dunno how to stop it. Are you on a leak like I am? 10.3.0.1154
    09-14-14 08:57 AM
    I get it as well. It's because we loaded a leak and backup lol. No solution yet..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:11 AM
    I had a similar problem with Blaq. I figured out that I had in installed the app and running in the background was enabled. So I reinstated the app. Next I turned off the background running for Blaq before rebooted my Z10. I then in uninstalled the app. I haven't had the message in 3 months. It didn't work without the reboot after disabling the background running. I'm not a phone developer so I have no idea why this worked for me. Hopefully it will work for your situation
    09-14-14 09:46 AM