My old Leap's screen finally conked out yesterday when I sat on it the wrong way.

I, stupidly, had never backed up the contacts in the phone, or even saved them to the SIM card.

Is there any to extract the contacts from it without being able to see or type anything on the screen? Preferably over wifi? A lot of the contacts on there were the only place I saved the numbers, so without them being recoverable there's no way to get them again.

I have a Mac and don't have a USB cord with me for the next few days, but if I need one or if I need a PC, I can likely hunt one down.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-18 09:12 PM
    My old Leap's screen finally conked out yesterday when I sat on it the wrong way.

I, stupidly, had never backed up the contacts in the phone, or even saved them to the SIM card.

Is there any to extract the contacts from it without being able to see or type anything on the screen? Preferably over wifi? A lot of the contacts on there were the only place I saved the numbers, so without them being recoverable there's no way to get them again.

I have a Mac and don't have a USB cord with me for the next few days, but if I need one or if I need a PC, I can likely hunt one down.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    If you didn't sync your contacts to the cloud, or back them up, you're out of luck.

Link can back them up, but without another BB10 device using the same BBID, you won't be able to restore them.
    07-13-18 09:53 PM
    If you didn't sync your contacts to the cloud, or back them up, you're out of luck.

Link can back them up, but without another BB10 device using the same BBID, you won't be able to restore them.
    Oh I have a bunch of other BB10 devices. Can Link work without my entering my password on the broken Leap screen?

Also can it transfer individual text messages from one device to another? For instance if I was texting with someone but never got around to adding them into my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-18 11:32 PM
    Oh I have a bunch of other BB10 devices. Can Link work without my entering my password on the broken Leap screen?

Also can it transfer individual text messages from one device to another? For instance if I was texting with someone but never got around to adding them into my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    You should be able to enter your password on your computer.

I believe the SMS log is backed up.
    07-13-18 11:35 PM
    Does it have the hdmi out? If so, couldn't you hooked it up to a TV or monitor so you can see what you need to?
    07-14-18 08:54 AM
    Does it have the hdmi out? If so, couldn't you hooked it up to a TV or monitor so you can see what you need to?
    But he can't touch the screen.
    07-14-18 10:21 AM
    But he can't touch the screen.
    Yeah, I guess you would have to make a selection on screen to activate it (can't remember exactly how it works anymore).
    07-14-18 10:25 AM
    I know how to do it.

Buy a second hand Leap for $30 on ebay.

Power it up and install the same OS version on your broken phone.

Plug in HDMI out on both phones to and HDMI screen -- preferably of the same make if possible like dual screens.

Then place the two phones side by side. Power both on.

Then using the intact Leap go through the motions of activating HDMI out. Using your other hand in real time, very precisely mimic the motions on the broken screen phone to turn on HDMI out.

Now, if you need to mess with the pull down menus and you rearranged them from stock this could be an issue.

Call NASA.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-18 08:03 PM
    I know how to do it.

Plug in HDMI out on both phones to and HDMI screen -- preferably of the same make if possible like dual screens.

Then using the intact Leap go through the motions of activating HDMI out. Using your other hand in real time, very precisely mimic the motions on the broken screen phone to turn on HDMI out.

Now, if you need to mess with the pull down menus and you rearranged them from stock this could be an issue.

Call NASA.

Posted via CB10
    The digitaliser is broken too. I can't touch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-18 08:08 PM
    The digitaliser is broken too. I can't touch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. And you can't connect it to a PC and somehow get to the files? Can Sachesi give you access to the files that would have the contacts? Don't know enough about this.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-18 08:19 PM
    I know how to do it.

Call NASA.

Posted via CB10
    This was my next thought! Too bad it wouldn't work in this case.
    07-14-18 09:04 PM
    Replace the broken screen.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-16-18 12:52 AM
    Replace the broken screen.

This is genius. So obvious yet none of us thought of it. With minor skills and some YouTube reference the OP could replace his screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-18 01:31 AM
    This is genius. So obvious yet none of us thought of it. With minor skills and some YouTube reference the OP could replace his screen.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I did when I broke the display on my Z10. Already had Torx drivers, so ordered a replacement display, and followed the YouTube video. Took me several hours and constantly pausing and replaying the video, but I did it.

So can you.

07-16-18 01:41 AM