Trying to prepare for the Grand Shutdown:
    I only use a few apps from BBW, but they are good ones. I am looking for matching apks from apkpure/ uptodown/ wherever, .. .. that match them and don't require a BB ID or access to BBW.
    1) I have found swiFTP from uptodown that exactly mimics FTP Server from BBW. Just perfect for phone-to-PC and PC-to-phone file transfers over wi-fi i.e. without using a cable.
    2) I have found CrackBerry 3.1.15 from apkpure which works, kind of - even after logging in, I can't find how to POST a thread to a forum, though I can READ them all easily enough. So I'm writing this from the CrackBerry website! Any improvement on 3.1.15? (Or any instruction how to drive it?)
    3) I really need something to match ShortCutIt from BBW, which allows the user to put shortcuts to Documents (or any filename under misc or documents or photos or any other file on your phone) ) on the Home Screen. All the apks I have found allow short cuts to other apps, or short cuts to web sites (as does ShortCutIt) but I cannot find one that allows shortcuts on the Home Screen to files on your device. Any help?
    That's all for the moment. I'm sure all of us will be on the hunt for alternatives to BBW (not alternatives to BB10 - it stands alone!) during 2019 .. .. (
    12-13-18 10:41 AM
    Trying to prepare for the Grand Shutdown:
    I only use a few apps from BBW, but they are good ones. I am looking for matching apks from apkpure/ uptodown/ wherever, .. .. that match them and don't require a BB ID or access to BBW.
    1) I have found swiFTP from uptodown that exactly mimics FTP Server from BBW. Just perfect for phone-to-PC and PC-to-phone file transfers over wi-fi i.e. without using a cable.
    2) I have found CrackBerry 3.1.15 from apkpure which works, kind of - even after logging in, I can't find how to POST a thread to a forum, though I can READ them all easily enough. So I'm writing this from the CrackBerry website! Any improvement on 3.1.15? (Or any instruction how to drive it?)
    3) I really need something to match ShortCutIt from BBW, which allows the user to put shortcuts to Documents (or any filename under misc or documents or photos or any other file on your phone) ) on the Home Screen. All the apks I have found allow short cuts to other apps, or short cuts to web sites (as does ShortCutIt) but I cannot find one that allows shortcuts on the Home Screen to files on your device. Any help?
    That's all for the moment. I'm sure all of us will be on the hunt for alternatives to BBW (not alternatives to BB10 - it stands alone!) during 2019 .. .. (
    Hey fergus,

I'm entirely with you on finding alternatives to BBW...however, my approach is finding ways to get the native apps through methods other than BBW. You have a good list of apps going now, so it's really a question of whether the devs will make the apps available for sideloading.

I'll work on the apps you mentioned; please feel free to cite some more. As for the Crackberry BB10 app....what's the word Mobile Nations? Can we get a .bar released, at least when BBW goes down if not before?
    Shuswap likes this.
    12-13-18 07:50 PM
    Hey TrumpetTiger -
    So pleased at your response.
    In addition to FTP Server (BBW) to which swiFTP (apk dl from web) is identical, I like all of these from BBW:
    CrackBerry CB10 - other apks do not compare, or seem very limited, and the web experience is clumsy and somehow effortful
    Files - allowing more access than the standard File Manager. I am pretty sure I've obtained the identical apk dl from the Web, but just now can't find it
    ShortCutIt - as commented previously I want (no, need!) quick access to files located on the phone, not just to sites and apps. Actually both the latter are trivially easy with basic BB functionality, you don't need anything extra at all
    Hello GPS - I really like this for its interface and it's options but I am in no doubt that there must be very many GPS apks available for dl. The difficult will be choosing one, not finding one. Do you have a recommendation?
    Finally
    WhatsFixer - I get this AbsoluteMustHave off BBW from CellNinja but I see there's an alternative WhatsApp 10 Fixer from Memory. Can't work out from the description whether it's a bolt-on afterthought to WhatsApp, like WhatsFixer is, or a standalone replacement for WhatsApp entire, which happens to be fixed. My preference is for a bolt-on to the standard apk, but the problem remains - where to get this essential facility after 31-DEC-2019!
    And that's it.
    What others are you working on? Will they be available for a cost? You will very likely have a large and eager user population!
    Best wishes and thank you.
    Fergusd

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 05:33 AM
    Hey TrumpetTiger -
    So pleased at your response.
    In addition to FTP Server (BBW) to which swiFTP (apk dl from web) is identical, I like all of these from BBW:
    CrackBerry CB10 - other apks do not compare, or seem very limited, and the web experience is clumsy and somehow effortful
    Files - allowing more access than the standard File Manager. I am pretty sure I've obtained the identical apk dl from the Web, but just now can't find it
    ShortCutIt - as commented previously I want (no, need!) quick access to files located on the phone, not just to sites and apps. Actually both the latter are trivially easy with basic BB functionality, you don't need anything extra at all
    Hello GPS - I really like this for its interface and it's options but I am in no doubt that there must be very many GPS apks available for dl. The difficult will be choosing one, not finding one. Do you have a recommendation?
    Finally
    WhatsFixer - I get this AbsoluteMustHave off BBW from CellNinja but I see there's an alternative WhatsApp 10 Fixer from Memory. Can't work out from the description whether it's a bolt-on afterthought to WhatsApp, like WhatsFixer is, or a standalone replacement for WhatsApp entire, which happens to be fixed. My preference is for a bolt-on to the standard apk, but the problem remains - where to get this essential facility after 31-DEC-2019!
    And that's it.
    What others are you working on? Will they be available for a cost? You will very likely have a large and eager user population!
    Best wishes and thank you.
    Fergusd

Posted via CB10
    Hey fergus,

Thanks for your list; I'll see what I can do. However, I wanted to offer a couple of important points of clarification:

1. I am not an app developer (at least not yet), so what I am talking about is finding alternative means of distribution for existing native apps, not creating new ones. I don't have anything available right now, and may or may not come up with anything, but I'm working on it.

2. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY OR USE ANY APP MADE BY NEMORY STUDIOS! While this developer started out making some decent native apps, they have switched to charging for free Android apps claiming they are BB10 "premium" versions. The apps for which he charges are fraudulent and can be had for free via any Android app store. Please completely ignore these apps, both on BBW and Nemory's website at www.blackberrydroidstore.com . You and your wallet will be glad you did.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-15-18 10:43 AM