Please make the navigation more uniform across the whole device especially the hub that is confusing

Posted via CB10
    huckleberry_Jer likes this.
    05-18-13 08:24 PM
    I think the gestures and swipes is the best part!
    russworman likes this.
    05-29-13 10:55 PM
    Confusing how?
    05-30-13 12:08 AM
    Sometimes the swipe is unavailable. It would be nice if you could always swipe, but currently you have to use the back button. I usually try to swipe first, wasting time.

Posted by Z10
    05-30-13 12:59 AM
    Personal update, this uniformity (or lack thereof) is really unfortunate. People who try my phone start to figure out "Peek" but can't use it in all apps. BlackBerry needs to get all their first party apps in cascaded ASAP. At least there's the back button, but it defeats some of the purpose of peek.

Posted by Z10
    anon5814103 likes this.
    06-08-13 11:41 PM
    Personal update, this uniformity (or lack thereof) is really unfortunate. People who try my phone start to figure out "Peek" but can't use it in all apps. BlackBerry needs to get all their first party apps in cascaded ASAP. At least there's the back button, but it defeats some of the purpose of peek.

Posted by Z10
    In which apps you can't peek? I have tried lot's of stuff and even in my few games I can peek into my hub.
    I can however understand the frustration about the back gesture, which only works in some apps and even there not all the time.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-09-13 07:49 AM
    There are some applications where the ability to peek interferes with the use of gestures in the application. In those cases peek can be disabled for the main part of the screen.

If there is a back button the peek gesture will work on it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:56 PM
    Peek only applies to hub,documents,BBM and a few other things .Rest of the time there's no peek its just a swipe back feature.Also it is dependant on how the dev implements it in apps not BB.You cant keep blaiming BB for everything.
    06-09-13 01:01 PM
    You cant keep blaiming BB for everything.
    Read my post again.

I said FIRST party apps. Some let you gesture to go back (flow), but some make you use the back button (air apps).

Eg "Settings" requires the back button, until the cascades version comes in 10.2. BlackBerry 10 has a learning curve with the gestures, there's no denying that. It's inconvenient and borderline confusing when you can't always use the same gestures in all apps. Which is why I usually won't show that particular gesture to the average person, as they try it and love it in Hub and file manager, etc. And then swipe endlessly in other apps.

Yes devs are responsible for building their apps, but BlackBerry is responsible for their first party apps, which should be uniform IMO. The OS core features.

Now when it comes to ios and android, a lot of apps have been switching to a gesture based ui. Maybe the OSes will follow the developers to a gesture ui as well.

Posted by Z10
    06-09-13 05:55 PM