https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...s_hack_merkel/

Hopefully they weren’t still using the outdated BB10 devices!
    01-04-19 02:47 PM
    All of Germany?

[Reads article]

Ohhhhhh...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-04-19 02:57 PM
    All of Germany?

[Reads article]

Ohhhhhh...
    No.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 02:59 PM

Or Iphones or Androids or Windows... The mistake was not the systems but the users.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 03:01 PM
    Or Iphones or Androids or Windows... The mistake was not the systems but the users.

Posted via CB10
    Given no one seems to know where the data came from, hard to fault anything/anyone in particular.
    anon(10218918) and Byrese like this.
    01-04-19 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    When it’s widespread like this... I would then to say it’s more system related. Unless they hacked one very high level user that had access to everyone.
    01-04-19 03:15 PM
    Where exactly does it say BB10 in the article?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 07:15 PM
    Where exactly does it say BB10 in the article?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn’t... but Germany’s Government is a well known client of BB10 devices since launch... until recently (and maybe still are using them).
    01-04-19 10:06 PM
    It doesn’t... but Germany’s Government is a well known client of BB10 devices since launch... until recently (and maybe still are using them).
    You don't know that, and the opposite can be just as true, you're just guessing and then posting as if it were true and wasting people's time. You shouldn't do that.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and Byrese like this.
    01-04-19 10:33 PM
    You don't know that, and the opposite can be just as true, you're just guessing and then posting as if it were true and wasting people's time. You shouldn't do that.

Posted via CB10
    I know that. And pretty much everyone on crackberry knows that the German Government was a major customer of BB10 devices. They used BB10 devices with a special sim card that hardens de device’s security.

So no, I’m not posting it “as if” it’s true.
    01-04-19 10:59 PM
    I know that. And pretty much everyone on crackberry knows that the German Government was a major customer of BB10 devices. They used BB10 devices with a special sim card that hardens de device’s security.

So no, I’m not posting it “as if” it’s true.
    This is wrong. Politcians here were hacked on their private phones. The Government BB 10s are not only using a spezial sim card but also a special smart security card which routes the connections encrypted though a government vpn. This was not hacked. The hackes were on all other systems.
    01-05-19 03:28 AM

Nope. That hack has nothing to do with phones per se. Since you mentioned it: the Chancellor actually switched to BB10 *after* the hacking of her earlier phone by the NSA. That should be testimony enough to BB10 security.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-05-19 03:42 AM
    This is wrong. Politcians here were hacked on their private phones. The Government BB 10s are not only using a spezial sim card but also a special smart security card which routes the connections encrypted though a government vpn. This was not hacked. The hackes were on all other systems.
    Where is it that I mentioned that they hacked BB10 phones???? Why would you assume that? I just answered a question asking me if it was true that the German Government uses BB10.
    01-05-19 05:24 AM
    Where is it that I mentioned that they hacked BB10 phones???? Why would you assume that? I just answered a question asking me if it was true that the German Government uses BB10.
    Sorry, I missunderstood. -The german government BB 10 devices are no normal BlackBerries. They use Secusmart technology added, but the key is not stored at Secusmart/BlackBerry, but at the BSI (Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik = Government Bureau for security in information technology). They chose that way after the NSA-hacks. The problem is that a lot of parliaentarians also use their private phones. There were also public prominentes hacked using different kinds of phones. It shows that not enough care for their privacy. So every word against maximum privacy is contra productive. Here in CB are also some, who care more about money than privacy...
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-05-19 05:47 AM
    Sorry, I missunderstood. -The german government BB 10 devices are no normal BlackBerries. They use Secusmart technology added, but the key is not stored at Secusmart/BlackBerry, but at the BSI (Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik = Government Bureau for security in information technology). They chose that way after the NSA-hacks. The problem is that a lot of parliaentarians also use their private phones. There were also public prominentes hacked using different kinds of phones. It shows that not enough care for their privacy. So every word against maximum privacy is contra productive. Here in CB are also some, who care more about money than privacy...
    +1.... plus an article on Nordbayern today mentioned that BSI already informed the authorities about the "leaks" of information.... No traces about violation of BB10....

Posted via CB10
    01-05-19 06:16 AM

Hopefully they are not using android....

Posted via CB10
    falbo and bb9900user2018 like this.
    01-05-19 06:17 AM
    Well...you said "hopefully they did not use the outdated!!10".... Hopefully what? Did you candidate to work for BSI? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-19 06:25 AM
    Hopefully they are not using android....

Posted via CB10
    They do! And I-Phones...
    01-05-19 06:28 AM
    Well...you said "hopefully they did not use the outdated!!10".... Hopefully what? Did you candidate to work for BSI? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    Well if they moved on from BB10 since it’s EOL, at least it wouldn’t be a BB10 security issue!

What? You’re hoping that they are still using BB10 devices and that this is the source of the leak?
    01-05-19 09:10 AM
    Where is it that I mentioned that they hacked BB10 phones???? Why would you assume that?
    Wow the dishonesty on display here is monumental. Are you reading anything people are trying to tell you? I suggest you cut your losses.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb9900user2018; 01-05-19 at 10:29 AM.
    01-05-19 10:04 AM
    Wow the dishonesty here is monumental. Are you reading anything people are saying? I suggest you cut your losses.

Posted via CB10
    @bobshine is defending his words. Quote where he said they hacked BB10 phones, or apologize for attacking his integrity.
    bobshine, Mojarch and ppeters914 like this.
    01-05-19 10:29 AM
    Wow the dishonesty on display here is monumental. Are you reading anything people are trying to tell you? I suggest you cut your losses.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what people are trying to tell me. All I’m saying is that “Germany got hacked” and that hopefully it weren’t BB10 phones (I believe my exact words were hopefully they aren’t still using the outdated BB10 phones).

So please tell me what are people trying to say to me... and why am I dishonest? And what’s soooooo monumental?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-05-19 10:50 AM
    What? You’re hoping that they are still using BB10 devices and that this is the source of the leak?[/QUOTE]

I do hope they use the system they prefer/need to be secure, BB10, IOS... Whatever they want

I never said I am happy they got hacked. How could I say this?

But according to an interview to John Chen of 18 Dec. he still prefers BB10 for security. So what you call outdated it is still secure...specially at government level.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-05-19 11:01 AM
    Not sure what people are trying to tell me. All I’m saying is that “Germany got hacked” and that hopefully it weren’t BB10 phones (I believe my exact words were hopefully they aren’t still using the outdated BB10 phones).

So please tell me what are people trying to say to me... and why am I dishonest? And what’s soooooo monumental?
    Sorry, but I am curious....which OS you think any authority should use? Which one is secure for you? Or the most secure?

Feel free to do not answer. Sorry for the OT!
    01-05-19 11:05 AM
    Just to add that German officials use BB10 phones as they are still considered the most secure. Specifications were given higher up in this thread. It seems the hacking did not take place on the BB10 phones but rather on private phones used by the targeted individuals (I take it that the latter are rather Android and iOS driven). The hacking is most likely do to people's own sloppy behavior, rather than due to the OS.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    01-05-19 01:03 PM
132 123 ...