So let me give everyone the background story. Used to be a diehard webOS fan till hp killed off Palm phones for good. After that I went with windows phone and have stayed with the OS since its inception. I had the dell venue pro which had one of the best keyboards I ever tried, then moved on to the Lumia 920 which I've loved for 2 years now. Earlier this year I saw the Q10 and decided to try it since it looked extremely elegant and the OS brought back memories from my days with webOS.

I ended buying one on ebay however when I finally tried it it felt lackluster an dull. I was so accustomed to my live tiles that anythine else felt like a step back. So I ended up selling it that same week on craigslist. Up until recently I've been very happy with wp 8.1 but I couldn't help an think if I had given bb10 a fair shot so I decided to buy another one on ebay and give it another shot. At first I wanted once again to return it but I've stuck it out for a week and the more I use it the more I love it. Let me tell you why.

The keyboard- I absolutely love it. Love the shortcuts, the universal search function, and the way the keyboard feels.

Multitasking- This alone may be the biggest reason. Back in webOS days I could open unlimited apps running with no problem at all. Switching between apps with a swipe gesture was the best thing ever and I've long yearned for someone to implement it the way webOS use to and bb10 is as close and good as it gets.

The Hub- Now this one took a bit getting use to. As with WP they kinda have every function separate and there is no universal Hub. Its grown on me and I really like having everything neatly organized in one central location.

Peek and LED notifications - peek function is awesome. In an out for checking stuff is a breeze and the led notifications are really helpful so u don't have to constantly check your phone to see what u missed. I also heard 10.3 will bring colored led notifications

Now there is some drawbacks keeping me from using the Q10 without having to leave my Lumia 920 at home.

Apps - Ive installed the amazon appstore and some other mobile client that lets you install third party apps. Its a hit or miss and some don't work. And tbh if you've used a windows phone youd see they are miles ahead with there modern apps. They are beautiful and intuitive the way you swipe in a panoramic environment. The notifications from some android apps don't even work right in realtime. Ebay, what'sapp and Instagram to name a few. Ive tried installing the Snap client but its been a real headache and couldn't do it on my pc for some reason... Not having major native apps without having to go with android I think kind of hurts the platform. I am use to poor app selection though since my days with palm and windows phone 7 at first.

Live tile/customization - Now this is one feature that I truly love an the main reason I may never give up WP entirely. They're awesome. Ive found myself opening an closing news and entertainment apps constantly on my Q10 just to see if there was anything new. Not so on my WP as they automatically feed the latest stuff on my homescreen without the need to constantly open apps to just to see what's new. I can pin my favorite Instagram followers or youtube subscriptions etc. Etc.

Ecosystem- I have a xbox, surface tablet and WP phone. The ecosystem is good and its gonna be even better with universal apps and integration coming Windows 10.

Camera- at the time my lumia had one if not the best camera on the market and it sucks that 2 years later still better than the my q10. Not a deal breaker and to be fair it is Nokia purview technology which not many companies can match.

Now having said that I'm really enjoying my q10 and bb10 in general. I guess my love for the now defunct webOS will live on through bb10. I really hope it does well and succeeds.
    01-02-15 01:10 PM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry and CrackBerry.

(And, is that your pooch in the pic? Nice looking!)
    01-02-15 01:14 PM
    I had the same experience too. Was using lumia 928 and was happy about it. But the battery is really bad and my friend convinced me to give Q10 a try. Bought a second hand unit and did not like it the first day. But after the third day of using it for work, it quickly grew on me due to the speed to getting things done. Now I'm a blackberry fan. When u upgrade to 10.3.1 next month,you'll see great improvements and it's going to solve ur Android app issues.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 05:04 PM
    Also, whats app works flawlessly and it is native no need for android version, so maybe you should check that out

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:17 PM
    Wow I didn't know that. I'll check it out right away. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:22 PM
    Wow I didn't know that. I'll check it out right away. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Wow sir you miss a lot then hub integration... definitely check if other of your apps don't also have the native versions

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:29 PM
    I agree with what you said about native apps being better then Android ports ect. That being said, wait till you see 10.3.1 it really improves android compatibility (though I doubt they will ever be as good as native...plus Android apps are developed for full touch screens not Q square screens )

As for the phone's camera. It's not bad, in fact I would say it's better then most! But I agree with you that no one builds phone cameras like Nokia

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBPandy; 01-06-15 at 08:30 AM.
    01-02-15 09:57 PM
    I agree with what you said about native apps being better then Android ports ect. That being said, wait till you see 10.3.1 it really improves android compatibility (though I doubt they will ever be as good as native...plus Android apps are developed for full touch screens not Q square screens )

As for the phone. It's not bad, in fact I would say it's better then most! But I agree with you that no one builds phone cameras like Nokia

Posted via CB10
    Android compatibility has definitely improved from 10.3.1 up. The ability to choose the way it renders for the square screened devices is great.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:09 AM
    Android compatibility has definitely improved from 10.3.1 up. The ability to choose the way it renders for the square screened devices is great.

Posted via CB10
    This is truen & I'm really looking forward to seeing a Lollipop player. Though I suspect that will be at least a year away, if not more

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:31 AM