To point out the flaw in your logic, I looked at the first port I have listed in permissions, Kingsoft Office, and it does NOT require phone. Just saying

The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    It also was not installed through appworld.

. Sorry if I seem annoyed but it is the 3rd time in this post I am repeating information that is generally public knowledge about APK to BAR and blackberry.

I actually bring android apps to blackberry for developers. So trust me when I say I'm sorry - your wrong the permissions are set by blackberry not the developer.

With that said - no idea who you are. But if I have replied to your posts at some point - there is a reason and it will do with content entirely.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-03-14 09:19 PM
    It also was not installed through appworld.

. Sorry if I seem annoyed but it is the 3rd time in this post I am repeating information that is generally public knowledge about APK to BAR and blackberry.

I actually bring android apps to blackberry for developers. So trust me when I say I'm sorry - your wrong the permissions are set by blackberry not the developer.

With that said - no idea who you are. But if I have replied to your posts at some point - there is a reason and it will do with content entirely.

Posted via CB from my LE
    I don't doubt you one bit...it's just http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34101314 is where I'm running it from.

03-03-14 09:41 PM
    I don't doubt you one bit...it's just http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34101314 is where I'm running it from.

Gotcha - my bad. It's very possible that found a way around the positions using the APK packing tool from bbry (the command line tool not their browser one)

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-03-14 09:46 PM
    1. In acorns- rate. It redirects to Google play rather than BlackBerry World.
    2. In acorns -Share only allows to share with droid apps. Does not invoke the main share list.
    3. In acorns - get. Invoking payment takes awhile to load and seems like nothing is happening. (does eventually load)
    4. If you minimize game and open again it flashes black then loads.
    5. First time launch invoked score loop and I played. Showed score in game but not in "games" app. Closing and relaunching game and playing again.. shows in both.
    (fyi... BlackBerry bought score loop years ago, it's not that new)

Other than that. Pretty smooth and fun.

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    KermEd likes this.
    03-03-14 09:50 PM
    True. But scoreloop is a mess to work with right now imo... I have a bunch of support tickets open with them - most of the senior team have left the company. It's been challenging.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-03-14 10:00 PM
    1. In acorns- rate. It redirects to Google play rather than BlackBerry World.
    2. In acorns -Share only allows to share with droid apps. Does not invoke the main share list.
    3. In acorns - get. Invoking payment takes awhile to load and seems like nothing is happening. (does eventually load)
    4. If you minimize game and open again it flashes black then loads.
    5. First time launch invoked score loop and I played. Showed score in game but not in "games" app. Closing and relaunching game and playing again.. shows in both.
    (fyi... BlackBerry bought score loop years ago, it's not that new)

Other than that. Pretty smooth and fun.

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Thanks for your thorough review! Let's see:

1. Will try to fix. Funnily enough, if I try to launch AppWorld, the PlayBook does not respond, but it launches it when I invoke the Android Market.

2. Known issue. I don't think it can be fixed.

3. Will implement loading.

4. Known issue... I'm not sure if this happens with every Android ported app or it's caused by the library I'm using.

5. The whole concept of the games app is new to me. Thanks!
    03-04-14 12:21 AM
    Actually he didn't answer my specific question regarding the Phone permission, just that some "scary" permissions are sometimes needed for things such as Scoreloop...Which is understandable...I was just wondering about the phone permission explicitly. I completely understand the all or nothing aspect in android apps

I understand why the phone permission would be needed in some cases but I personally don't understand it here for a game. Does that make me a dev-basher? Just questioning things that others will no doubt question and be constructive at the same time.

Just to clarify, the Phone permission is required by Scoreloop, unless we are not talking about the same thing... It's called Read Phone State on Android and shows up as Device Identifying Information on my PlayBook. I could avoid using it, but the users would get wrong usernames from time to time (I've tried. I would love not to ask or use this kind of permissions... People back out, send bad reviews...).

Is that note the "Phone permission" you were talking about?
    03-04-14 12:31 AM
    Just to clarify, the Phone permission is required by Scoreloop, unless we are not talking about the same thing... It's called Read Phone State on Android and shows up as Device Identifying Information on my PlayBook. I could avoid using it, but the users would get wrong usernames from time to time (I've tried. I would love not to ask or use this kind of permissions... People back out, send bad reviews...).

Is that note the "Phone permission" you were talking about?
    That's the one and you answered my question perfectly, thank you. Enjoying what I've played thus far.

03-04-14 09:20 AM
    That's the one and you answered my question perfectly, thank you. Enjoying what I've played thus far.

That's great!

I'm seriously considering a parallel version that would not include the Files and Phone permissions, even if leaderboards get messier and share become less attractive .
    03-04-14 12:38 PM
    I have updated the game and fixed some of the issues you guys detected.

The two mean permissions are gone (phone and files) And now users get free acorns regularly.
    03-20-14 05:45 AM
35 12