BlackBerry should announce
    Os upgrade third quarter. On user feed back for z10 q 10

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:30 AM
    I think they should get 10.2 out the door first.

Posted via CB10
    chern and tonytraj17 like this.
    10-01-13 08:35 AM
    I don't think they need more confusion.
    10.2 first.
    But good idea for long term. Ask their users what they want .

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:56 AM
    10.3 is too far for me who still waiting for official 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:56 AM
    I just want an android runtime that was as compatible as 10.1's runtime but 4.2 and working on a STL100-1.

Impossible I know!
    10-01-13 09:33 AM
    10.2 was supposed to drop this month sometime. 10.3 should be 6-12 months after that.

BlackBerry has been listening to what we say, so 10.2 and 10.3 should bring a lot of stuff we've been asking for!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:07 AM
    Right was not sure of update road map but they should make noises that it's constant y being developed

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:14 AM
    i want back auto on/off feature!!!
    eldrover likes this.
    10-01-13 10:27 AM
    Does anyone actually believe that we will ever see 10.3? Come on. Whatever. Believe if you want to I suppose. I'm on my way to the Telus store to officially make the switch. I will really miss my beloved BlackBerry but all good things come to an end and it's time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:36 AM
    10.2 was supposed to drop this month sometime. 10.3 should be 6-12 months after that.

BlackBerry has been listening to what we say, so 10.2 and 10.3 should bring a lot of stuff we've been asking for!

Posted via CB10
    6 to 12 months?????? What happened to accelerated development on QNX? That's a lifetime in mobile for fixing adding things that shoulder been there or not needing to be fixed in the first place.
    10-01-13 10:36 AM
    Does anyone actually believe that we will ever see 10.3? Come on. Whatever. Believe if you want to I suppose. I'm on my way to the Telus store to officially make the switch. I will really miss my beloved BlackBerry but all good things come to an end and it's time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You are on the way to Telus to switch to a phone that actually still works? What was the difference between last week and this week that made you change your mind? The phone works and works well for me. Going to give away your phone as you think it is worthless and non-functional?
    10-01-13 10:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, continued updates will occur. BlackBerry will continue to support the Phones they have out as they continue to imbed themselves further into the enterprise market.

They are not going out of business, but they are changing. I have no reason or desire to get rid of my awesome phone.

By the way, if you haven't downloaded the leaked 10.2.0.1767, I encourage you to do so. It is buttery smooth, and so far seems to be bug free. Love the toast notifications. Why wait when 10.2 is already here?

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-01-13 11:10 AM
    Yes. You are on the way to Telus to switch to a phone that actually still works? What was the difference between last week and this week that made you change your mind? The phone works and works well for me. Going to give away your phone as you think it is worthless and non-functional?
    The difference is until a few months ago there was a hope and a promise. That is entirely gone now no matter what Alec or Thor or Prem says. Apps are the big one really. Not only the selection but the quality. I'm sorry... I want netflix, and a Slacker app that doesn't suck. I want to control my Nest thermostat, my Roku player, and watch content from my phone on my Samsung Smart TV. I want not just specific apps, but EVERY APP and ANY APP. Thor and Alec have no control over that anymore (not that they ever really did). If BB10 had been a barn bunring success all of it would have come, and I could have held on for a little longer. What has changed is the hope is now gone. Yes, they will continue to support what's out there and possibly drive the enterprise business further forward, but none of that equates to what a smart phone can be and should be. I want a GOD device and BB10 will never be that. That is what changed for me. Bye bye BlackBerry.

So far the Galaxy S4 is ticking all the boxes. There is really only one thing it doesn't do that my BlackBerry did and that is multiple exchange calendars, but I think there is a workaround out there that I just have to figure out. If not, that one shortcoming is more than made up for with everything else that is does so much better. Last night, I watched Breaking Bad Season 5 episode 10 (not available on Netflix), beamed from my S4 to my Samsung TV like magic.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:05 PM
    i want back auto on/off feature!!!
    This

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:10 PM
    I want not just specific apps, but EVERY APP and ANY APP...
    So far the Galaxy S4 is ticking all the boxes.
    If you really do want every and any app, you should probably go iPhone. I'm not a fan but when you look strictly at apps, there are still mainstream apps out there (for example TripAdvisor and their off-line travel guides) that are only available for iOS. If anything, I think this demonstrates just how well BlackBerry is doing in getting people to invest in the BB10 platform and the uphill battle they will face since some developers still can't be bothered to develop for Android.

As far as the question posed by this thread, there are no real features I would like to see on a personal level. That being said, the biggest criticism I've heard of the BB10 platform is there are a lot of functions not available on it that were available on BB7. If BlackBerry can address these short comings and 10.3 offers identical features to BB7, I think it will be a huge boost to the platform.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-02-13 01:24 PM

So far the Galaxy S4 is ticking all the boxes.
    Except battery life...oh ya and a Phone, reception sucks huge on the S4....or any Samsung device for that matter. Good luck on your search and hope you find a good reliable device that suits your needs!!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:33 PM
    6 to 12 months?????? What happened to accelerated development on QNX? That's a lifetime in mobile for fixing adding things that shoulder been there or not needing to be fixed in the first place.
    BlackBerry has been making significant changes to the OS public every 5 or 6 months by my observations. Way faster than the competition, which should allow them to reach parity relatively soon enough. Hopefully, the cash won't run out before that...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:16 AM