I'm sure this has been covered before, however I'm wondering what you all make of various BlackBerry releases. Do you think BlackBerry will release an actual high end phone running Android to compete with Samsung or iCrap etc? The Samsung Note 7 seemed quite a jump if you exclude the battery issue. While I'd like a BB10 high end phone I guess that ship has sailed. I thought I read that BlackBerry brought out the dtek50 because it was priced moderately vs the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    09-15-16 06:09 PM
    They might have one more high-end in them. Rumors suggest it, though, there's next to nothing to back those rumors up as of yet. Some rumors, some speculation, some chatter, some gossip, but no solid evidence they will be going forward with any of those rumored plans and BlackBerry is certainly not new to scrapping plans last minute. - The Top 5 BlackBerry Leaks That Were Never Released As Actual Products!
    09-15-16 07:03 PM
    Priv SE!!!

Stainless steel body, and smaller in size. Comparable in size to the iPhone SE but with a slide out PKB.

I will keep hoping on this one until it actually exists or BlackBerry says they are never making another handheld device (...and even then I might still hang on to some shred of hope!) Don't burst my bubble, I'm happy in here!
    09-15-16 07:22 PM
    It seems to me that you need to be spending a ton on R&D and have some tremendous built-in loyalty to come up with a truly high-end phone. You can't just buy high-end design and features off the shelf.
    09-15-16 10:17 PM
    High-end phone running android?
    That makes no sense.

Also, bb has produced two phones in the past year. No one knows about them due to bb reputation problems. There is no US carrier support.

The chance for a new high-end bb10 phone has gone down the tubes.
    09-15-16 10:31 PM
    My Blackberry Dream phone yet to come.........
    09-17-16 12:12 PM
    BlackBerry simply can't compete in the high end, high volume consumer market dominated by Apple and Samsung. Even making the DTEK50 with the added cost of BlackBerry's security and software features was a challenge.
    09-17-16 01:02 PM
    Stoped reading at "....Samsung and iCrap"

09-17-16 02:03 PM
    I am waiting for a new BlackBerry Android, as my Passport is no longer fully meeting my needs in the app department...and I thought I didn't care about apps! Without any solid BlackBerry news of either a device with a bigger screen than DTEK50 or a PKB I regret to say I am looking at other options now..Nexus or its replacement, Note, even the HP Elite looks good..

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 09:31 AM
    The only thing that could sway my opinion to android is a BlackBerry phone with a keyboard similar to the Passport. Love the width and the touch sensitivity. BlackBerry makes the best typing experience and I will go as far to say, nothing will ever rival the Passport in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 07:00 PM