So BlackBerry has the best hardware and OS in the mobile market. However they have no clue when it comes to consumer marketing and the reality of what the standard consumer wants.

BlackBerry needs a consumer product division that does not consist of management from the government sector. In other words, management that has a good feel for what consumers want. This division would focus on making apps that consumers want. They would not work on the Core OS, only provide solutions that run on BB10. It would also be responsible for the consumer marketing strategies. Again, hire a management team that understands consumer needs, not government. I feel that using management that has only had experience with government needs cannot step back and see what consumers want.

The future? If BlackBerry can't do this they will continue to shrink. Microsoft has shown that they are willing to change and listed to both consumer and government customers. They now own OpenBSD, have partnered with Ubuntu, and moved DotNET to open source. InTune is now a strong competitor in the MDM market. It would not be unrealistic for Microsoft to buy BlackBerry or invest in a majority share take over. MS would be good for BlackBerry, running BlackBerry as a separate group. Imagine the marketing skills and resources they could apply to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 12:59 PM
    the best hardware and OS? i think that is debateable. but if MS wants to pony up, what would be in it for them? sales are dismal regardless of how wonderful the hardware and OS is (by fans' standards). Would the BlackBerry that continues that way be any better than it is now?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-01-16 01:14 PM
    the best hardware and OS? i think that is debateable. but if MS wants to pony up, what would be in it for them? sales are dismal regardless of how wonderful the hardware and OS is (by fans' standards). Would the BlackBerry that continues that way be any better than it is now?
    It would give MS Access to the security they have been lacking for government contracts. In addition MS would have access to a more robust hardware platform. A new hybrid platform would be possible: BlackBerry hypervisor allowing the best of BB10/QNX with Windows interface and apps. Run BB10 apps that need higher security requirements and MS apps for everyday use.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 01:22 PM
    It would give MS Access to the security they have been lacking for government contracts. In addition MS would have access to a more robust hardware platform. A new hybrid platform would be possible: BlackBerry hypervisor...
    My brain crashes as soon as I see "hypervisor." Why do people expect such miracles from something that has not been proven to do anything?
    04-01-16 01:27 PM
    MS have their legacy of hardware patents from Nokia. If they wanted to release a BlackBerry-like device running Windows, they could do it now.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 01:30 PM