Future of BlackBerry OS-img_20150824_211729.pngFuture of BlackBerry OS-img_20150824_211659.pngFuture of BlackBerry OS-screen-shot-2015-08-24-10.27.55-pm.jpg
    Wow.... look at that, I don't have that with my OS 10.2.1.2156.
    Nor did I see it when I had the disaster of an OS, 10.3.1
    Nothing there to set up the native Calender.
    You're screen shots are for setting up a 3rd party calendar, like Outlook.
    Obviously you can read, but clearly you had trouble comprehending what was written.

Next!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 08-26-15 at 07:27 PM.
    08-24-15 11:19 PM
    So you acknowledge that he didn't say this in any way whatsoever?

Posted via CB10
    Dude do you even read? In my first post I said that Chen stated "BlackBerry10 is here to stay". This other dude watched the video that I linked to and said "he never said BlackBerry10 was here to stay". I rewatched to video and replied "Agreed, he didn't say it in those words, my apologies".

So what are you on about? Your own persistence turns your eyes towards your *** and blinds you. Are you still crying about the fact that I said BlackBerry 10 is more secure than iOS and Android? Yes it is! Want an example? Try to root or jailbreak a BlackBerry 10 phone! Not gonna happen! You know why? Just google why, because you won't take it from people on this forum who have their own opinion.

Ffs!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by H4zN; 08-25-15 at 05:09 AM.
    08-24-15 11:50 PM
    Dude do you even read? In my first post I said that Chen stated "BlackBerry10 is here to stay". This other dude watched the video that I linked to and said "he never said BlackBerry10 was here to stay". I rewatched to video and replied "Agreed, he didn't say it in those words, my apologies".

So what are you on about? Your own persistence turns your eyes towards your *** and blinds you. Are you still crying about the fact that I said BlackBerry 10 is more secure than iOS and Android? Yes it is! Want an example? Try to root or jailbreak a BlackBerry 10 phone! Not gonna happen! You know why? Just google why, because you won't take it from people on this forum who have their own opinion.

Ffs!

Posted via CB10
    Ya know, I was going to post how Windows Phone can't be rooted...until I did a Google Search.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-25-15 07:56 AM
    Android can run perfectly fine on 2 gigs of RAM. It's the GPU that'll cause the system to stutter.

08-25-15 07:59 AM
    Ya know, I was going to post how Windows Phone can't be rooted...until I did a Google Search.

Do a search on BlackBerry 10, it hasn't been done. CB would be one of the first if it was the case but they haven't. Believe me, I read CB on a daily basis. Doing a search about root access on CB will give you info on why it's not possible.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:01 AM
    Do a search on BlackBerry 10, it hasn't been done. CB would be one of the first if it was the case but they haven't. Believe me, I read CB on a daily basis. Doing a search about root access on CB will give you info on why it's not possible.

Posted via CB10
    Crackberry isn't a forum for hackers. You'd find this info on exploit forums, or on bug report sites, or even xda forums. There was a link posted one time that showed the exploits against QNX and BB10 with scripts to reproduce the exploits. It was just after they had fixed the bug that ignored password to access files on the phone from a linux PC by failing login several times and then after so many attempts, it let you in. Unfortunately, I forgot to bookmark it, or if I did, didn't organize it properly.
    08-25-15 04:22 PM
    Crackberry isn't a forum for hackers. You'd find this info on exploit forums, or on bug report sites, or even xda forums. There was a link posted one time that showed the exploits against QNX and BB10 with scripts to reproduce the exploits. It was just after they had fixed the bug that ignored password to access files on the phone from a linux PC by failing login several times and then after so many attempts, it let you in. Unfortunately, I forgot to bookmark it, or if I did, didn't organize it properly.
    I found an exploit for BB10.

Edit: was wrong.
    08-25-15 07:08 PM
    Wrong x2, and I quote:

Update note
    * In our original article, we incorrectly took this to mean that BB10 was vulnerable to BEAST. A number of Reg readers have been in touch since to say that BB10 is NOT vulnerable to BEAST because of additional mitigations.

The browser is NOT vulnerable to the BEAST attack. I have confirmed this with my Z10
    The article was updated to reflect that even though BlackBerry is in fact using dated protocols in BB10, they use a layered security approach and because of these mitigations BB10 has not yet been exploited.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 07:27 PM
    You fool, I stated I was wrong. Don't tell me I was wrong when I re-checked it and put I was wrong.
    08-25-15 07:28 PM
    You fool, I stated I was wrong. Don't tell me I was wrong when I re-checked it and put I was wrong.
    And yet you're wrong twice, you clearly stated BB10 had been exploited and there was an article about it, and the article proves you wrong again. It clearly states BB10 hasn't been explioted.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 07:31 PM
    cool cool
    08-25-15 07:50 PM
    08-26-15 04:43 AM
    People still get privacy and (OS/app) security mixed up.

BlackBerry 10 is no more PRIVATE than any other platform without BES to encrypt communication and data. True.

BlackBerry 10 is, however, more secure, just by design. I'm talking being able to lock app permissions down, for one. Not to mention it's stable and hardened code.

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 07:30 AM
    People still get privacy and (OS/app) security mixed up.

BlackBerry 10 is no more PRIVATE than any other platform without BES to encrypt communication and data. True.

BlackBerry 10 is, however, more secure, just by design. I'm talking being able to lock app permissions down, for one. Not to mention it's stable and hardened code.

Stable and hardened code ? Please enlighten us on what that actually means. Lol
    08-26-15 11:03 AM
    Well for one when BlackBerry took over QNX their OS security engineers went through the source code and made thousands of changes, tightening up bounds checking, error checking, etc. The kind of thing that the Linux Foundation is finally having done for OpenSSL and other foundational open source software. The kind of thing that everyone assumes someone else is doing for Linux, but never really seems to get done. Perhaps you have heard the argument that open source software is safer to use because anyone can look at the source code. Turns out nobody really does that except vulnerability researchers. Both black and white hat. No one knows how many black hats there are, or what they have found that the white hats haven't.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    08-26-15 04:14 PM
    What Mr. Buckley said, plus the fact that QNX has a long history of use in systems that require the utmost stability.

08-26-15 11:11 PM
    I kinda wish BlackBerry would somehow partner with Windows Phone to become a stronger #3 to Apple/Android. I don't see a partnership with Android being good for BlackBerry. Besides shareholders like Chen himself, etc.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials and STV0726 like this.
    08-26-15 11:16 PM
    I kinda wish BlackBerry would somehow partner with Windows Phone to become a stronger #3 to Apple/Android. I don't see a partnership with Android being good for BlackBerry. Besides shareholders like Chen himself, etc.

Posted via CB10
    I can't see anything being good for them until they pull their heads out of their fudgeslots,

Silence is killing them.

08-26-15 11:23 PM
    QNX has plenty of exploits, which even a simple search on in brings up: http://www.bing.com/search?q=qnx%20e...INGD&A=results - stability and security are separate things, and QNX has holes plugged in the same way as every other vendor out there. It's not a special snowflake, or some sort of impregnable fortress with perfect walls and no flaws - it's just software.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 01:12 AM
    QNX has plenty of exploits, which even a simple search on in brings up: http://www.bing.com/search?q=qnx%20e...INGD&A=results - stability and security are separate things, and QNX has holes plugged in the same way as every other vendor out there.
    There is a way lower number of CVE after the end of 2011 (I found ~6 of them) though...
    08-27-15 05:16 AM
    QNX has plenty of exploits, which even a simple search on in brings up: http://www.bing.com/search?q=qnx%20e...INGD&A=results - stability and security are separate things, and QNX has holes plugged in the same way as every other vendor out there. It's not a special snowflake, or some sort of impregnable fortress with perfect walls and no flaws - it's just software.

Posted via CB10
    You do know that the first step in finding a vulnerability is causing an application to crash, or investigating crashes right? So in fact ensuring proper error condition detection and handling not only ensures stability, but also security in the form robustness against maleware.

Unfortunately far too few people who aren't professionally involved in IT security understand the links between quality code and security.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzz_testing

08-27-15 08:18 AM
    There is a way lower number of CVE after the end of 2011 (I found ~6 of them) though...
    Have you looked at Android for the same time period, or Windows?

I'm not claiming QNX is perfect just that a company that puts security as a primary consideration will put more effort into security and end up with better code.

Joshu42 and skstrials like this.
    08-27-15 08:25 AM
    See the big picture.

http://berryflow.com/2015/06/the-fut...on-blackberry/

It may be technical for most of us, but it's a good read. This may debunked all gloom and doom for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    08-27-15 10:47 AM
    It seems that with each successive release of BB10 updates, the OS gets worse and not better IMO. My experience, 10.3.2 has not been good and I think it is due to the talent loss that has more than likely been ongoing at BB. If I was working there, I would always be looking for other opportunities as the decline of the company continues. BlackBerry seems to have reduced support for OS10, I really think that they no longer have the resources to maintain it at the level required.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:13 AM
    It seems that with each successive release of BB10 updates, the OS gets worse and not better IMO. My experience, 10.3.2 has not been good and I think it is due to the talent loss that has more than likely been ongoing at BB. If I was working there, I would always be looking for other opportunities as the decline of the company continues. BlackBerry seems to have reduced support for OS10, I really think that they no longer have the resources to maintain it at the level required.

Posted via CB10
    What's not good about 10.3.2? It's been much better than 10.3.1

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 11:47 AM
106 12345