One of the things I have noticed is how the two camps of BlackBerry users love to poke each other in the eye. I too have fallen into the trap, but the reality is we are all in the same camp. Some of us use BlackBerry for work, some for pleasure. But in the end we all use it for the same thing, we like the fact that it is "different by design".

Their is a great pleasure when you pull a phone out and people want to take a look. Or better yet, I had a woman at a meeting I was attending tell me. Wow you must be someone if you have a BlackBerry, Government maybe? I told her the name was Bond, James Bond......LOL. We like to be different, plain and simple. Anyone can get a I phone or like, but we go our own way.

In the end we fight or debate about the same thing, we are different and dam proud of the fact!

WOOF!
    01-18-16 09:55 AM
    Sorry but there are big differences in BB10 and Android.... Back in the early days of BB10, everyone loved to ridicule Android and it's bugs and lack of security. Very hard for the "old timers" that are really interested in "privacy" to ignore all that bad mouthing. They were more interested in what a BlackBerry could do for them, than what they could do for BlackBerry.

I know during the BBOS to BB10 transition, there were a few holdouts.... but today I think some feel betrayed by the move to Android. Don't think "fun" has anything to do with it.
    01-18-16 10:15 AM
    I suppose Android has come a long way since 2013 - with direct monthly security patches, hardened kernels and (with the Priv) hardware root of trust and secure bootchain.

All of that plus Android for Work combined with BES, and it is simply not the same animal we all used to gripe about years ago.
    Last edited by conite; 01-18-16 at 11:04 AM.
    01-18-16 10:23 AM
    Wow you missed the whole point, but that's life. You guys take this far to serious.

Woof!
    01-18-16 10:26 AM
    Wow you missed the whole point, but that's life. You guys take this far to serious.

Woof!
    The fact that we are part of this community because of our smartphone of choice, inherently suggests we take this somewhat seriously.

I'm not involved in a community discussing my toaster, because I care very little about that.
    01-18-16 11:09 AM
    You missed the whole point, the back biting between users is well ......I will not say. But did you know you can be serious and poke fun at yourself. That's the sign of a well rounded person. I know when to be serious and when to just smile. I guess it comes with age. There are many more important battles to fight than this, again you missed the point.

Woof!!
    01-18-16 12:16 PM
    The fact that we are part of this community because of our smartphone of choice, inherently suggests we take this somewhat seriously.

I'm not involved in a community discussing my toaster, because I care very little about that.
    Should I start a Blackberry Toaster waiting room?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 01:45 PM
    Yes with a tin foil hat

Woof
    01-18-16 02:35 PM
    It happens to me all the time. I take my q10 or passport out and random people ask me: a blackberry? Why?

My answer: too complicated for you to understand and too expensive for you to buy. This last one for fandroids or samcrappers.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    01-18-16 04:37 PM