Looking for full landscape mode at some point. Seems like a good idea especially if you are going into the whole mobile computing field.
    11-13-13 10:15 PM
    I had a Storm2 and Torch and now a Z10, and honestly I don't miss the full landscape support. It was far more of an annoyance having my home screen switch orientation when I didn't want it to, and it taking 4 or 5 seconds to switch back. I personally have no desire to type in landscape mode, since you can only see two lines of what you're typing at a time.
    11-13-13 10:49 PM
    I wish the peak and flow gestures would work in landscape. I don't like that it automatically minimises the app.

At least add landscape support to more apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:03 PM
    There are definitely times where I'd like to have it. I would probably use it more than I think I would. On occasion, especially after using my PB for a while, I naturally pick up my Z10 in landscape orientation and shake it a couple times to try to get it to re-orient itself, then remember that it doesn't normally work that way.

But, overall, I'm pretty used to portrait orientation at this point.
    11-13-13 11:03 PM
    Looking for full landscape mode at some point. Seems like a good idea especially if you are going into the whole mobile computing field.
    I agree. And like you said, since we are heading in the direction of computer replacement, please also add the ability to duplicate your displays when connecting to a tv or monitor. that way we could use the tv/monitor as intended, and use the BB screen as a mouse pad or keyboard.
    11-14-13 02:56 AM
    There are definitely times where I'd like to have it. I would probably use it more than I think I would.
    That's kinda what I was thinking. It seems like people coming from other devices don't really know exactly how useful full landscape can be at times because they've never had it, and are used to portrait.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:04 AM
    Of course it is better if it is there for those that would use it. I wouldn't though. The Z10 is the first all touch phone that I can comfortably type on in portrait mode using two thumbs.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-14-13 11:07 AM
    Of course it is better if it is there for those that would use it. I wouldn't though. The Z10 is the first all touch phone that I can comfortably type on in portrait mode using two thumbs.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    You have tiny thumbs haha. Just kidding.

I CAN type in portrait too, but far more comfortable and accurate in landscape.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:13 AM
    Definitely need it.
    In particular for BBM on Android and iOS. I just met an iOS friend today and tried his BBM on his phone. An absolute nightmare for typing in portrait mode.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:15 AM
    Me! I definitely need this - especially since I am in possession of one of those official BlackBerry multimedia docks for the Z10. The home screen should definitely rotate when you put the phone on the dock...both I and my semi-sore neck would love and appreciate that!
    11-14-13 11:27 AM
    Definitely need it.
    In particular for BBM on Android and iOS. I just met an iOS friend today and tried his BBM on his phone. An absolute nightmare for typing in portrait mode.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know if typing in BBM on ios is different from typing in other apps, such as email, browser, etc.?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:28 AM
    Do you know if typing in BBM on ios is different from typing in other apps, such as email, browser, etc.?

Posted via CB10
    What I know for sure is that WhatsApp on iOS allows for landscape typing. This is why I have troubles convincing my friends to use BBM instead of WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:07 PM
    What I know for sure is that WhatsApp on iOS allows for landscape typing. This is why I have troubles convincing my friends to use BBM instead of WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    I see. Well hopefully the recent cross-platform BBM updates address that. Last thing we need is for all this progress to be haulted because of something as silly as not supporting landscape typing

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:14 PM
    More landscape capabilites are needed. I've posted about it on the Blackberry beta forums. Hopefully something is done.

I feel lost on the device when I come out of watching a video or when I'm in BBM app instead of the BBM hub. BBM hub has landscape BBM app does not. Seems very odd and doesn't feel right to have to use the hub if i want to type messages in landscape mode.
    bmoney1229 likes this.
    11-14-13 08:14 PM
    I'm not really bothered about it.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-15-13 06:56 AM
    More landscape capabilites are needed. I've posted about it on the Blackberry beta forums. Hopefully something is done.

I feel lost on the device when I come out of watching a video or when I'm in BBM app instead of the BBM hub. BBM hub has landscape BBM app does not. Seems very odd and doesn't feel right to have to use the hub if i want to type messages in landscape mode.
    Exactly. It sucks how much of the phone works in landscape, but some doesn't. Good thinking regarding submitting to the beta forums

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 12:38 PM
    BlackBerry maps is also in desperate need of landscape support. I can currently put my phone in a dash-mount holder and use SOME apps in landscape, but of course not a select few, including maps

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:49 AM
42 12