Is there any chance of this actually happening. The support we have now is abysmal, a lot of Emoji I see on twitter are still not displayed, and the ones that are, display either black and white or something that's quite different to the original iPhone Emoji

Why do they find this so hard to do? It's so inconsistent, some show boxes, some black and white, some colour... it's really crap

I don't wanna tweet clewley cause he's under some biased impression that Emoji support is there, and that more is coming.... Meaning BBM emoticons that no one else can see..

Also, I suppose Emoji posting support is just out of the question? The keyboard isn't even open to developers to allow this from a third party is it?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:23 AM
    Emoji support gets better with each update. From the day I jumped on 10.2.1.1055 (and the following leaks) till now, I have only seen boxes 2 times, and I already know it was the same emoji (I'm talking iPhone/Android emojis, not BBM's)
    Emoji keyboard imput on the other hand, I don't know. Let's just wait and see

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:39 AM
    I've been ranting about the lack of emoticons for a year, but I have to say that BlackBerry have finally done something about that. The next BBM update is coming with 100 more emoticons, and this is a great start.

Personally, I think it's better that BlackBerry not adopt emoji, but instead keeping bringing out their own. With 100 more, we will be in pretty good shape. With another 200 after that, say, by the end of the year, BBM will have enough emoticons to thrive. Also, I think it will be better for the brand to have its own unique emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:52 AM
    Me and my wife migrated to BB 10 from Apple a couple of months ago. Christmas night all the ladies gave me crap because they can't share emojis anymore. WTF ladies!!!!!! On a serious not yes it would be nice to have more..
    12-28-13 08:10 AM
    Me and my wife migrated to BB 10 from Apple a couple of months ago. Christmas night all the ladies gave me crap because they can't share emojis anymore. WTF ladies!!!!!! On a serious not yes it would be nice to have more..
    Hahahaha sorry to hear bout that man.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:51 AM
    I won't care if we get the iPhone android emojis if we can bombard them with our own boxes of BBM emotions.
    But I think BBM uses keyboard shortcuts so they will end up appearing as keyboard characters on iPhone's and androids. Shame. I would love them to get boxes to make them feel insecure about their expensive iPhone

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:50 PM
    I recall emoji support (being able to view then via text message) was present in 10.2.0.xxx leaks, and now they are not? Is there a way load whatever files those were on to the new leaks?
    01-07-14 12:36 PM
    If you ask me that way just makes way more sense. That way when they send us text-based emotes they will show up as BBM style for us, and when we send them text-based stuff it shows up as their native style. Same goes for apps (like IGrann/Whine) I think. We can see BBM style emotes in the comments, but the actual comment is text-based.
    But I think BBM uses keyboard shortcuts so they will end up appearing as keyboard characters on iPhone's and androids.
    But I guess emoji's as such is already too big to ignore. But if we get stuff like Facebook stickers, huge emojis and whatnot constantly showing in the Hub I think it would get annoying pretty fast. At least for me I prefer either BBM style or text-based.
    03-04-14 11:25 AM