Have you really checked BBlink component process called Blackberry Link Connection Manager? That parasite literally eats one cpu on its own alone.

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, on my computer (decent, but not all that powerful), Link isn't a resource hog. The process you said doesn't exist, and everything BB related uses minimal resources except Link itself, and even that's not all that bad. The screenshot below is with Link open.

Frustrations with BB Link! Enough is Enough!-20131028110005.jpg
    10-28-13 10:03 AM
    I can't get my computer to even SEE the dang phone. I don't know if this would work with my husband's computer, we'll try it. But the old BB interface was a lot easier to use.
    Oh, and since I can't get anything to work with my computer, forget even trying to since Outlook.
    10-28-13 06:00 PM
    I can't get my computer to even SEE the dang phone. I don't know if this would work with my husband's computer, we'll try it. But the old BB interface was a lot easier to use.
    Oh, and since I can't get anything to work with my computer, forget even trying to since Outlook.
    Try going to Settings > Storage and Access > change USB Connections dropdownlist to Windows. This was an issue for the PlayBook, so it might work for BB10 too.

Otherwise make sure it's not a USB 3.0 port that you're plugging into. There are known issues with BB10 and USB 3.0, in some cases making Windows (8 only) crash completely.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:14 PM
    Try going to Settings > Storage and Access > change USB Connections dropdownlist to Windows. This was an issue for the PlayBook, so it might work for BB10 too.

Otherwise make sure it's not a USB 3.0 port that you're plugging into. There are known issues with BB10 and USB 3.0, in some cases making Windows (8 only) crash completely.

Posted via CB10
    There's known USB 3.0 issues with Windows 8, even B4 you do anything with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:34 PM
    USB 3.0 should be fixed on Win 8.1.

I did some read/write test using the USB 3.0 port and no issues found. It's totally stable for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:46 PM
    I don't trust the cloud. I rather back up my phone on a PC. My preference would be for this to be on Linux or Windows. Now if BlackBerry could back up on a usb drive, that is no computer involved, I could accept that if the data is encrypted.

I wouldn't sync anything on BlackBerry Link in its present state. I barely trust it as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:54 AM
    I don't trust the cloud. I rather back up my phone on a PC. My preference would be for this to be on Linux or Windows. Now if BlackBerry could back up on a usb drive, that is no computer involved, I could accept that if the data is encrypted.

I wouldn't sync anything on BlackBerry Link in its present state. I barely trust it as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    Link does not backup to the cloud. Everything is locally stores and fully encrypted, and you have to use the same BlackBerry ID in order to restore a backup. This is BlackBerry we're talking about. Security is their bread and butter.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:48 AM
    I understand completely that BlackBerry Link does not use the cloud. I was pointing out that I don't want to back up to the cloud like some other poster suggested. When you use the Crackberry app, it is not possible to automatically quote another poster, or I don't have the special fu. The poster wanted a way to backup without a computer.

Let me make this clear. The cloud is terrible for security. Case in point is Google by default puts your data in the cloud. You need to turn that feature off. Those bastards have all their users wifi passwords, address books, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:15 PM
    I understand completely that BlackBerry Link does not use the cloud. I was pointing out that I don't want to back up to the cloud like some other poster suggested. When you use the Crackberry app, it is not possible to automatically quote another poster, or I don't have the special fu. The poster wanted a way to backup without a computer.

Let me make this clear. The cloud is terrible for security. Case in point is Google by default puts your data in the cloud. You need to turn that feature off. Those bastards have all their users wifi passwords, address books, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Press and hold a comment. Press "Reply with Quote" in the right menu in CB10. I'm writing this in CB10 now.

If your data is encrypted, then it's nigh impossible to decrypt it, which is why banking can safely occur over the internet. Check out an app in BlackBerry World called "Fire Chest Backup". It is actually quite good, and anything that gets backed up to your Dropbox is encrypted. I think you can put something like crazy like a 200 character encryption key.

TL;DR: If your data is properly encrypted, then it is perfectly safe in the "cloud".

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:17 PM
    After the 10.2 upgrade, BlackBerry Link will not sync pictures, automatically (as before) or manually. Very frustrating! Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:42 PM
    Are there reliable 3rd party back up options? I remember in legacy devices bbsak was pretty cool.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-30-13 12:14 AM
    Press and hold a comment. Press "Reply with Quote" in the right menu in CB10. I'm writing this in CB10 now.

If your data is encrypted, then it's nigh impossible to decrypt it, which is why banking can safely occur over the internet. Check out an app in BlackBerry World called "Fire Chest Backup". It is actually quite good, and anything that gets backed up to your Dropbox is encrypted. I think you can put something like crazy like a 200 character encryption key.

TL;DR: If your data is properly encrypted, then it is perfectly safe in the "cloud".

Posted via CB10
    Well I got the knack for quoting now. Thanks.

Encryption is tricky stuff. Unless you are running open source, you have to trust the app. As Steve Gibson says, trust no one (TNO).

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:02 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks link is just fine?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes

UnlimitedEra and CDM76 like this.
    10-30-13 05:47 AM
    Yes

Then I'm unique

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. I find it perfectly fine. Just a little slow starting up.

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    10-30-13 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It's garbage.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:24 AM
    Yes. It's garbage.

Posted via CB10
    YOU think it's garbage.

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra and CDM76 like this.
    10-30-13 08:25 AM
    Omg, I totally Agree with the OP. I have had Link working only the first time it was released. After the first update, it fails to install or work on my windows 7 pc, can't roll back to the old one or install it and now finally the newest update installs, but won't load to the design interface. I have sent log files to the devs, but still not solved. I can get it to load in a Windows Xp virtual machine, but it won't recognize the device via the usb. The windows 7 picks it up on usb and thus steals the port from the virtual machine. So frustrating since I can't backup my phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:40 AM
    YOU think it's garbage.

Posted via CB10
    Well one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

10-30-13 09:58 AM
    I have never been happy with BlackBerry Link, it has never worked properly to me, BlackBerry Desktop Manager was so much better and practical, they really need to do something about it, it's enough.

Proudly Z10 owner...
    GreenCopperz and CDM76 like this.
    10-30-13 10:42 AM
    Correction: BlackBerry should dump BlackBerry Link and its underdevelopment team and refocus on an enhanced BlackBerry Protect with full/selective backup and restore, remote device lock/wipe, device location service, and provide an option to upload/download previous backups to local storage and/or another cloud-based file storage service. There are lots of people whom have no personal computer and use a smartphone and tablet for everything.
    I totally agree with this. Not to mention that Thor himself said smartphones are the mobile computers of the future, so why are we still relying on desktops for backup?

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    10-30-13 12:26 PM
    I totally agree with this. Not to mention that Thor himself said smartphones are the mobile computers of the future, so why are we still relying on desktops for backup?

Posted via CB10
    How quickly they forget:
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/...n-hacking/all/

I could write a similar story how I got hacked via a "roundcube" exploit and a stolen credit card. Twice.

Basically, if these cloud schemes have a way to recover control via email, website security questions, etc., you are screwed.

I rather control the backups myself.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:08 PM
    QQ

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:13 PM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    FWIW though, BlackBerry Link is junk and I avoid it at all costs.
    Just last month you had said to me you never had issues with remote file access.

Changed your mind now?

How about an article on CB front page then to make BB wake up and fix it ASAP. They need to get some tough love on this issue.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    10-30-13 10:17 PM
92 1234