This is the last time I gave BlackBerry Link a chance to allow it to connect to my device. That's it, BlackBerry Link may work for some people here but if it doesn't with some others is bad enough. Frustrations with BB Link! Enough is Enough!-bbry-link.png

What is that? stupidity?
    efff them very much!, I don't have to re-log in, or re-start anything, you have to do it correctly in the FIRST time. This is the 4th update I try of BlackBerry Link, the stupidest software ever created to sync a smartphone. I hate it so much!. I have never back up my device, not even the first time. It is totally impossible and worthless, I tried putting all the options on, wifi sharing, BBLink on, BB Link pairing on 3G, everything and nothing works. I'm never going to be able to back up my damn z10. Why don't you just tell me, your BBLink is awful? instead of giving me that s**t, saying that my BBID is not associated with a BB10 device, you *****!, what do you think I'm writing this on?
    What's next? Kevin saying that BBRY should not focus on improving BB Link because as an Investor it is reasonable to focus on the z30 ?
    10-27-13 12:09 AM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    FWIW though, BlackBerry Link is junk and I avoid it at all costs.
    10-27-13 12:16 AM
    Take a chill pill dude. I hate link too and I admit its awful. It has problem restoring backup in 10.2 and we know that blackberry has already begun rolling out updates and I hope they can fix this issue fast or its going sink faster.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:19 AM
    Tell us how you really feel.
    FWIW though, BlackBerry Link is junk and I avoid it at all costs.
    My wife left me.. but besides that... I don't want BBRY to die!... this tool is way quicker than that home suck-your-life button on iOS and Android... but Link... Link will make me kill myself...
    10-27-13 12:23 AM
    My wife left me.. but besides that... I don't want BBRY to die!... this tool is way quicker than that home suck-your-life button on iOS and Android... but Link... Link will make me kill myself...
    Sorry to hear that. I urge you to not let it frustrate you so much. I recently updated Link too, and it shows me that exact same error message. If all you need is updates, try Sachesi, a programme written by xsacha that uses the same backup system as Link, so they're compatible.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:27 AM
    I also hate Link. It is literally the worst software I have ever had the misfortune of using. Using it actually makes me want to set myself on fire because that would be more enjoyable. It doesn't back up my phone, it doesn't sync, it barely even knows my phone is there.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:50 AM
    Agreed that Link is horrid. Even if no problems for me. Is NOT user friendly or stable. BlackBerry is only as strong as its weakest link though

Posted via CB10
    proudcdnguy likes this.
    10-27-13 12:55 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I urge you to not let it frustrate you so much. I recently updated Link too, and it shows me that exact same error message. If all you need is updates, try Sachesi, a programme written by xsacha that uses the same backup system as Link, so they're compatible.

Posted via CB10
    Well, what do you know, Link just started working for me! No matter what I did I couldn't get automatic wireless syncing to work, but just now after trying random things it just started working.

For me, Link is fine, except it has a few reliability issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:32 AM
    So, yesterday I decided to update my SQN100-3 from 10.1 to 10.2. I followed the steps as per usual, backed up my device and got updating. All went well until it was time to restore, Link started telling me that the BBID in the back up did not match the BBID on the device *insert BBM can't look face*. This is my work device and it's important that I get that data back on my device, especially the TEXT messages. Is there a way around this? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Posted via The Fantastic Z10
    10-27-13 02:12 AM
    I just used Link to backup a Z10 running 10.2.0.1791... worked perfect...(on a 2008 Vista SP2...HP quad core, 6GB ram) Also backed up and restored a Z10, 10.1.4780 Verizon...I use CCLEANER to maintain my Vista registry...btw it is a free download and Piriform keeps it updated. Also free of charge for home use...try it. You may have better luck....

Trusted Member Genius
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    10-27-13 02:47 AM
    the latest BB Link 1.2.something is the worst of all creations ever. The one process called BB Link Connection Manager eats up cpu like crazy. If you have a very old rig with a single core cpu that would've rendered your system useless whenever it's running.

BB should've fired BB link programming team in their job cuts. Get a new team and release BB Link 2.0.
    10-27-13 03:36 AM
    BlackBerry Link certainly blows dead bear. Don't give up though as it, and your life, can only get better.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:03 AM
    BB should've fired BB link programming team in their job cuts. Get a new team and release BB Link 2.0.
    Correction: BlackBerry should dump BlackBerry Link and its underdevelopment team and refocus on an enhanced BlackBerry Protect with full/selective backup and restore, remote device lock/wipe, device location service, and provide an option to upload/download previous backups to local storage and/or another cloud-based file storage service. There are lots of people whom have no personal computer and use a smartphone and tablet for everything.
    CDM76, madx80h and Ecm like this.
    10-27-13 08:07 AM
    Bonus! I can't sign into Link anymore, so I guess Link is telling me not to use it.

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    10-27-13 08:54 AM
    I have yet to get Link to work on my computer. Finally got it to work on my husband's. And I agree, it sucks. I'm frankly afraid to try and back up my phone on it! He was frustrated with trying to move photos off of it to an external drive, the only way we could figure out how to do this was to move to a folder on the computer, then to the external drive. What kind of "drag and drop" is that?
    He's due for a phone, and I'm sure when he gets his Q10 Link will drive him insane.
    10-27-13 10:37 AM
    Extremely Subjective Statement : On the other hand, compared to Link 1.0, 1.2 is very reliable on backups and restore. I dunno but here's what I do :

1. Turn on Airplane Mode and reboot
    2. Backup
    3. <wipe? install leaked os?>
    4. Restore

I dunno. The last two backup and restore operation for my Z30 worked pretty well. Though I admit I dislike the sync media and other options . I don't use them anyways.
    10-27-13 10:58 AM
    I am in the same boat. This garbage drives me nuts. This remote access is a great tool, but is as unreliable as it gets. After every reboot that stupid thing does something different. Sometimes it connects and sometimes not. Totally random even though nothing has changed. No wonder this company goes down the drain.
    10-27-13 11:14 AM
    What's weird for me is that Link works great, except that it always shows that there is a software update. So I do the update, restart, and it still shows that an update is available. Even tried a fresh install. BlackBerry definitely needs to skid the Link team and start fresh, or do what a poster said earlier about making protect have a better backup solution. Link even shows that my Z10 has an update but I'm running the latest 10.2.
    10-27-13 12:42 PM
    Extremely Subjective Statement : On the other hand, compared to Link 1.0, 1.2 is very reliable on backups and restore. I dunno but here's what I do :

2. Backup
    4. Restore

I dunno. The last two backup and restore operation for my Z30 worked pretty well. Though I admit I dislike the sync media and other options . I don't use them anyways.
    Have you checked task manager and see how much cpu resource did one of Link's component used? That is some pretty serious **** running there.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:59 PM
    So what was the problem again?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:07 PM

2. Backup
    4. Restore

Yeah, that just shows how awful link is and how unreliable it is if you have to all that.
    Bring back BlackBerry Protect. That app was gold.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:53 PM
    Excellent post. I've pretty much given up on BB Link as well. 1.2 was an improvement, but it's still a long ways from being good.
    10-27-13 05:18 PM
    I guess only people having problems with Link are supposed to respond to this thread but I have to say I have never had a problem. Since I got the 10.2 update I figured I should back up my phone. I open Link, connect the phone click on the phone ID at the bottom and then Backup. Never have to log in? Come back a while later and it says "backup complete". Thank you.
    As for moving photos around, you don't do this in Link. You go to File Manager, find your phone and all the photos are there. You can copy and paste them into different folders
    10-27-13 07:19 PM
    BlackBerry Link isn't the worst program ever. I have a few nominations for that category. But is does seem to be picky. It only works reliably on one of my win7 boxes, but the one it doesn't work well on has other issues. Sometimes the phone is never found on that machine. Plug then unplug then plug. Arch. It works perfectly on the other box, well as perfect as BlackBerry Link could be.

All that said, the user interface is kind of poor. Seriously, I can see some manager saying "This is terrible, but we have to ship it." I just think the interface is so bad that it needs a total rewrite.

It works as far as backups and OS loading, but I can see a lot of users not accustomed to shall we say less than elegant open source software finding BlackBerry Link less than suitable. Basically the program looks kind of amateurish.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:22 PM
    I guess only people having problems with Link are supposed to respond to this thread but I have to say I have never had a problem. Since I got the 10.2 update I figured I should back up my phone. I open Link, connect the phone click on the phone ID at the bottom and then Backup. Never have to log in? Come back a while later and it says "backup complete". Thank you.
    As for moving photos around, you don't do this in Link. You go to File Manager, find your phone and all the photos are there. You can copy and paste them into different folders
    The reason I use Link for photo/file management is because of automatic wireless syncing. As long as my BlackBerry is connected to a power source, my computer is on, and both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network, all my pictures/files backup automatically. When I plug in at night everything handles itself.

It wouldn't work at first for me though, and I have no idea why, but just yesterday it randomly started working. To setup auto-sync, just make sure the "Allow wireless connections to this device" checkbox is checked on the phone home tab, then right-click each folder you want to setup a sync relationship with and click Sync > Desktop.

To test it, make sure your phone is plugged into the wall (not the computer) and take a picture. If all goes well, you should see the picture appear in the sync folder in Explorer.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:43 PM
92 123 ...