I have always been somewhat of a fan of blackberry. I lost a lot of that when they tried to compete in the glam touchscreen world and gave up on what they had as a strength. Now after a few years away I have come back as I just like having a physical keyboard. However in my opinion it's too late, they have fallen too far. It's weird little things like putting the USB emblem on the wrong side of a the cable, how do you even release something like that? The apps selection is abysmal at best, I understand people wanting to like them, but it's starting to be even worse than the Apple fanboi's. An example being people raving about the Delta app being available when it's literally just a limited version of the website (you can't even log in to your own account, it's just generic Delta info).

The last straw is the limited functionality of the Blackberry link software. All I need is to pull pictures from the phone to my desktop. However it doesn't recognize the USB connection. Looking online it's very common problem and the suggestions are uninstall and reinstall the software to get it to recognize. How is that even considered a solution to do that every time you want to use it?

My desires for a phone are actually very simple, I want a phone, text, email and basic internet browser functionality, apps for travel (Delta (with login to account ability)) and camera with easy ability to pull images to computer (receipts). I don't do gaming on it, I don't want to watch movies on it and I don't care about most other apps (though listening to music is nice).

Sorry, but in a industry where you end up "locked" into a device for 22 months, having this option even around too tempt one is bad mojo. This company can't die fast enough :-(
    12-03-13 08:40 AM
    Fair enough. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:45 AM
    Love my Z10. No problems here. Running new OS 1055 plus installed Android apps. Excellent, classy phone. Kinda adult rated, lmao

Posted via CB10
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    12-03-13 08:52 AM
    Ok.... so don't use link and pull the picture manually. problem solved...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-03-13 08:54 AM
    By the way, go to any OS boards and see the same complaints, over and over again. Apple, Androids, they all have problems. Which one has said they will be fixed? BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:55 AM
    For your receipts you can save your images to your sd card and transfer that way, most probably faster that way anyway.
    12-03-13 09:12 AM
    I have always been somewhat of a fan of blackberry. I lost a lot of that when they tried to compete in the glam touchscreen world and gave up on what they had as a strength. Now after a few years away I have come back as I just like having a physical keyboard. However in my opinion it's too late, they have fallen too far. It's weird little things like putting the USB emblem on the wrong side of a the cable, how do you even release something like that? The apps selection is abysmal at best, I understand people wanting to like them, but it's starting to be even worse than the Apple fanboi's. An example being people raving about the Delta app being available when it's literally just a limited version of the website (you can't even log in to your own account, it's just generic Delta info).

The last straw is the limited functionality of the Blackberry link software. All I need is to pull pictures from the phone to my desktop. However it doesn't recognize the USB connection. Looking online it's very common problem and the suggestions are uninstall and reinstall the software to get it to recognize. How is that even considered a solution to do that every time you want to use it?

My desires for a phone are actually very simple, I want a phone, text, email and basic internet browser functionality, apps for travel (Delta (with login to account ability)) and camera with easy ability to pull images to computer (receipts). I don't do gaming on it, I don't want to watch movies on it and I don't care about most other apps (though listening to music is nice).

Sorry, but in a industry where you end up "locked" into a device for 22 months, having this option even around too tempt one is bad mojo. This company can't die fast enough :-(
    Use wifi to drag and drop or file manager on BlackBerry. Works like a charm and don't have to be at computer. Simple as that.

Best browser, so if Delta doesn't build an app then browser works fine, or Sideload a delta app of the Android type :-)

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    12-03-13 09:36 AM
    Lol I find this part finny because I just finished spending the last 3 hours troubleshooting iTunes on my mac so I can backup my iPhone 5). ITunes seemed to stall as soon as I plugged it in.

So I could give the same rant about that software as it is just as unusable at times. I haven't had a problem with link since the last update, not to say I won't have any in the future or even when my z30 arrives.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-04-13 12:06 AM

4 posts since 2009. Nuff said.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    12-04-13 04:19 AM
    Lol I find this part finny because I just finished spending the last 3 hours troubleshooting iTunes on my mac so I can backup my iPhone 5). ITunes seemed to stall as soon as I plugged it in.

So I could give the same rant about that software as it is just as unusable at times. I haven't had a problem with link since the last update, not to say I won't have any in the future or even when my z30 arrives.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    Lol, me too. We were diehard Apple fans and the last straw was when iTunes bricked my son's iPod Nano. I was done. And I have had to trouble shoot my daughter's Samsung tablet due to charging issues. Her Android phone needs regular pulls and gets laggy. I have had no problems with BB Link and minimal issues with my Z10. No ecosystem is perfect, u just have to pick one that fits ur lifestyle and needs.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    12-04-13 08:39 AM
    Sorry guys, I did warn it was frustrated rant but it was purely from frustration and venting more than anything constructive so sorry again for that... It turns out the USB connection doesn't like my USB 3.0 ports but does work over USB 2.0 (probably a computer driver thing more than blackberry 0-o) I think my biggest disappointment is the lack of apps like Trillian and Concur which are totally related to business and traveling. I haven't delved into the leaked os's and sideloading but am trying them now to be more constructive then just ******** :-)
    12-04-13 01:37 PM
    :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:34 PM
    Sorry guys, I did warn it was frustrated rant but it was purely from frustration and venting more than anything constructive so sorry again for that... It turns out the USB connection doesn't like my USB 3.0 ports but does work over USB 2.0 (probably a computer driver thing more than blackberry 0-o) I think my biggest disappointment is the lack of apps like Trillian and Concur which are totally related to business and traveling. I haven't delved into the leaked os's and sideloading but am trying them now to be more constructive then just ******** :-)
    I have to reply to this post again, because usually with my mac I never have a problem with BlackBerry Link. Today I happen to be using my store computer witch runs windows 7. Link on windows definitely needs a lot of work, it's very unstable.

Edit: came home used my mac and windows here to load the link and restore. All went well.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 12-04-13 at 08:16 PM.
    12-04-13 05:39 PM
    How many if these threads do we need? Moderators, can we possibly enforce the use of a single "I've had it with BlackBerry" thread and shut these down on sight?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:47 PM
    How many if these threads do we need? Moderators, can we possibly enforce the use of a single "I've had it with BlackBerry" thread and shut these down on sight?

Posted via CB10
    We have no problem with BlackBerry in this thread, we're only speaking on BlackBerry Link.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-04-13 08:15 PM
    My problem with my PC and USB 3.0 ports when I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1. YMMV.
    12-04-13 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10

Then how about one "I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY!" thread then too?

12-04-13 08:25 PM

Then how about one "I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY!" thread then too?

This would be a Fair Deal I totally support. Being an Admin and Moderator for years on other Boards, I don't understand why the Mods here shutdown the Board for a weekend of "Special Maintenance" and clean the Board with a big Strike. /OfftopicEnd

Posted via CB10 App / [email protected]
    12-04-13 09:29 PM