clone apps don't count...
    They so do!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-10-13 03:37 AM
    Even if this is true, how many folks believe that BB will roll this out in a bug-free and high-performance way?

Assuming this happens, it will SURELY get a HUGE amount of press in the mobile news / mobile blog world (likely some press in the mainstream news as well). But here's the rub: The perception of "Android on BlackBerry" will largely follow from reviews of the INITIAL release. These initial review posts will get the biggest number of hits, and largest number of links pointed at them, and hence will remain near the top of google search results for a good year. It doesn't matter if they fix bugs 6 months later -- if Android apps run noticeably slower than Android handsets with similar specs, or if there are a lot of of GPlay apps that take forever to load or crash, etc... then this will be the perception left with the general public for a LONG time, even in the face of updates that fix issues down the road.

I'm a huge BB fan, and it sincerely pains me to admit it, but -- realistically, given their track record -- I have a very very hard time believing that they could do this in a way that leaves a positive impression with reviewers.

ON THE OTHER HAND: Perhaps with "outsider" Chen at the reigns, we will see better QA, and a higher standard for minimum functionality and performance than we saw under "the old guard".

Fingers crossed folks...
    11-10-13 03:40 AM
    I'd love this to happen so I could get things done again through the many apps Google offers.

It is sad that so many people say bb10 devices shouldn't be judged on specs like android devices cos android is such a resource hog, and here's all this excitement about android app store on bb10, where all the apps will be running on low end hardware compared to android devices, and android will be emulated which should make performance even worse.

BlackBerry should have gone all in on android, would have cost less and had a better chance of being successful.

Posted via CB10
    randall2580 likes this.
    11-10-13 04:11 AM

BlackBerry should have gone all in on android

Posted via CB10

Please, no.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:18 AM
    Please, no.

Posted via CB10
    Established ecosystem, big budgets, developers that can actually get things done, and the chance to offer BlackBerry services on all android devices like a chargeable bis system, that would have been way better for BlackBerry and BlackBerry customers and BlackBerry shareholders than the catastrophe that has been the last 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson and hifight like this.
    11-10-13 04:33 AM
    I know it's not crackberry but here's a write up

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-gettin...le-play-store/

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:36 AM
    Unfortunately apps and specs sell devices. It's that simple nowadays. BlackBerry has to get more apps and a partnership with Google would probably be the best thing right now. I've always been a supporter of BlackBerry making it on there own. But regardless of the new features bb10 offers us, apps have been the biggest downfall to the bb10 phones. If BlackBerry wants to survive they need to find a way to get apps. You can say what you want but at the end of the day we all want BlackBerry to stay in business. BlackBerry 10 can still be a successful platform and destroy windows phone with a little help from google.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:38 AM
    Enough with useless impossible rumors.
    John Chen declined going into android or Google play and he said he will have to study and create another strategic plan, by then he will decide of BlackBerry is ready to into such step.
    John Chen was just assigned, this means we still have 3 months or 2 in order to form a new strategic plan For blackberry's future.

Posted Via CB10. Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-10-13 04:45 AM
    Established ecosystem, big budgets, developers that can actually get things done, and the chance to offer BlackBerry services on all android devices like a chargeable bis system, that would have been way better for BlackBerry and BlackBerry customers and BlackBerry shareholders than the catastrophe that has been the last 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    What BlackBerry services? Other than bbm.
    Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:46 AM
    Does anyone know if app2sd will be supported

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:05 AM
    Nice.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:10 AM
    Enough with useless impossible rumors.
    John Chen declined going into android or Google play and he said he will have to study and create another strategic plan, by then he will decide of BlackBerry is ready to into such step.
    John Chen was just assigned, this means we still have 3 months or 2 in order to form a new strategic plan For blackberry's future.

Posted Via CB10. Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    What if, in a few weeks, this actually come true?
    11-10-13 05:12 AM
    Early on after reading this thread, I forwarded the link to Phil at AC and asked that maybe he or Jerry chime in. I had just read the sort of vague hint by Blaze that there could be something to this and I wanted to hear the AC side of this.

Google bypassing the open handset alliance for BlackBerry has repercussions past this one matter and it seemed to me at first blush something Google would want to avoid at all costs. I asked if perhaps Phil or Jerry could speak to this from the Google/Android side and make us all a bit smarter if they could and they themselves weren't under NDA.

I was happy to see that Jerry came on here and gave more than his opinion, but that he checked with sources at Google, and he told you in no uncertain terms why he thought it was unlikely. I valued his comments.

However like threads here, anyone who has good things to say about Android is immediately dissed and dismissed and this time is no exception and Jerry is asked to keep his comments to himself. Why wouldn't you want to hear from him, his connections, and what he would offer? If you've ever listed to an AC podcast Jerry always has nice things to say about his time on a BlackBerry. He is not one who believes you raise a platform by dissing another.

I remember threads here that there was a native version of Netflix all set to go and the CEO candidate told us he would give us all a car if native Instagram didnt come to BB10. Almost a year later have we seen hide or hair of either one? These were both posted by people who had knowledge of what they spoke about, supposedly.

I find it very interesting that Blaze hints he has knowledge there could be something to this but says no more, and Jerry says his sources and Jerry's best hunches say no and he spelled it all out to you. Both could be right as far as they know. This may be past the pay grade of the guy at Google Jerry spoke with.

As always CrackBerry knows better. Hey I hope it's right. I hope my Z10 runs Android as well as an S4 and packs equal access to the Play Store. Based on what Jerry and others have said here I have serious doubts. So BlackBerry can pleasantly surprise me for the first time in a long time and make this happen. Time will tell
    Using both Android and BlackBerry, I for one like hearing what Jerry and Phil have to say.
    It's a shame that some CrackBerry members have to be so rude and think they know better.

Thank you for sharing your information.

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    Anilu7 and randall2580 like this.
    11-10-13 05:27 AM
    Because if you say anything that actually makes sense that isn't in favor of BlackBerry crackberry members start whining. Jerry comments were very informative. But that's not good enough. Anything short of "BlackBerry is getting play store and will run android and BlackBerry apps. Who is the best now!!!" falls to deaf ears. Thanks for getting us information from somebody that actually has sources.
    I second your comments.

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-10-13 05:35 AM
    Not to try and fuel the fire.. but

Attachment 218994

Attachment 218995

Attachment 218996

Took me about 5 minutes

Attachment 218997

Not to say the OP is wrong, or this isn't going to happen, just that mocking something up is simple enough.

Posted via CB10
    This shows how easy it is to fake something.

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-10-13 05:46 AM
    What BlackBerry services? Other than bbm.
    Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    If they decided to go android instead of bb10, all the man hours put into bb10 could have been spent making bis better and cross platform. Secure and private data with compression, including bbm, and BlackBerry push email. And offer that for a paid monthly fee on android. Easy way to make way more money on the programming time than bb10.

That chance is gone now, but something similar, with BlackBerry making solid keyboarded android devices, it's still a better proposition than premium priced low/mid range phones effectively running a pretty ui and emulating android apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:12 AM
    If they decided to go android instead of bb10, all the man hours put into bb10 could have been spent making bis better and cross platform. Secure and private data with compression, including bbm, and BlackBerry push email. And offer that for a paid monthly fee on android. Easy way to make way more money on the programming time than bb10.

That chance is gone now, but something similar, with BlackBerry making solid keyboarded android devices, it's still a better proposition than premium priced low/mid range phones effectively running a pretty ui and emulating android apps.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with your idea is that nobody wants BIS. It really has no advantage over regular data.

Posted via CB10
    vicks80 likes this.
    11-10-13 06:26 AM
    Hey guys,

Just a quick little update,

10.2.1.1055 contains the changes to the runtime.

Said build is available internally to pretty much all employees to use. 1055 also brings additional features unrelated to the runtime and is a pretty solid build.

Can't wait to see a higher build drop.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76, grover5, mrfreeze and 1 others like this.
    11-10-13 06:34 AM
    Hey guys,

Just a quick little update,

10.2.1.1055 contains the changes to the runtime.

Said build is available internally to pretty much all employees to use. 1055 also brings additional features unrelated to the runtime and is a pretty solid build.

Can't wait to see a higher build drop.

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming it must be PIN-whitelisted then, otherwise we'd've seen a leak drop already.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:45 AM
    The problem with your idea is that nobody wants BIS. It really has no advantage over regular data.

Posted via CB10
    Very debatable.
    You could say the same about bbm vs it's competitors.

Difference is there's at least some people willing to pay for bis. Nobody would pay for bbm in its current form, and whatever they would pay, it wouldn't be more than whatsapp, which would hardly make them any money.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:54 AM
    I'm assuming it must be PIN-whitelisted then, otherwise we'd've seen a leak drop already.

Posted via CB10
    BerryLeaks doesn't have a build higher than 845 and there are several builds in between that and 1055

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:55 AM
    IMHO this will never happen on a software release. Leak/Beta - may be.

Also, I hope it never happens because that means no more new BB10 developers.

Google Play and it's services and background trackers is one of the reasons I hate android. Also, the inability to restrict certain rights of an app is an absurd - BlackBerry nailed this one down, gives the user more control/choise.

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-10-13 07:23 AM
    IMHO this will never happen on a software release. Leak/Beta - may be.

Also, I hope it never happens because that means no more new BB10 developers.

Google Play and it's services and background trackers is one of the reasons I hate android. Also, the inability to restrict certain rights of an app is an absurd - BlackBerry nailed this one down, gives the user more control/choise.

Except, apps covered from android and available in BlackBerry app world can't have permissions modified. You have more control over those apps permissions in android.

So, that sorta weakens your argument by a long long way.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Allow me to correct you. The term is BES, Blackberry Enterprise Server or Service(depending who ur talking too). And BES 10 actually supports Android and iOS already. Your point is moot.

BlackBerry wouldn't adopt running the full Android OS, and I really wish people would stop saying this.
    mnc76 and John Pawling like this.
    11-10-13 07:43 AM
    Except, apps covered from android and available in BlackBerry app world can't have permissions modified. You have more control over those apps permissions in android.

So, that sorta weakens your argument by a long long way.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly why I would not like to see G Play. And like I said, it is my opinion/hope and I don't want to convince anyone.

Exactly how you have control of app permissions in Android? Don't count root and custom roms.

11-10-13 08:02 AM
717 ... 1920212223 ...