Unfortunately, I'm afraid it is nothing. He has no evidence to back up this long statement. That's all it is -- a statement with nothing to support it.
    Evidence has already been posted, stop lying to the people.

Posted via CB10 from P'9982STK100-1/10.2.1.1037
    ray689, Ealaionta and mrfreeze like this.
    11-09-13 12:55 AM
    No, it means NOTHING. Google Play is coming to BB10 and so is more functionality whenever you like it or not and whenever you believe it or not.

End of story. Shutup. You have proved **** all.

You say on what authority that "Google Play is coming to BB10"? Hm?? Can you post proof (video will do)? Thanks. When you attack other posters, you sound desperate to defend your thread.
    11-09-13 01:04 AM
    Evidence has already been posted, stop lying to the people.

Post a video of the Google Play Store running on your (alleged) Porsche P'9982 and we'll be satisfied.
    Otherwise, be gone.

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 01:07 AM
    And just when i was considering a nexus 5...

Z10 STL100-2/back to10.1.0.4828 and not missing a thing!
    11-09-13 01:08 AM
    The changes I have mentioned is present in the 10.2.1.1055 Build.

Bla1ze, a well reputed member of the CrackBerry Staff, has confirmed what you claim is a "theory" to be factual. So has the BlackBerry Leaks Team. Both have acknowledged it publicly on the forums.

Multiple witnesses have seen it running and have used it, including myself.

Thus is it is true and I will now ignore your laughable attempts to troll.

11-09-13 01:09 AM
    And just when i was considering a nexus 5...

Z10 STL100-2/back to10.1.0.4828 and not missing a thing!
    I'd recommend getting a Z30 instead, selling your Z10 and waiting for this to drop!

11-09-13 01:12 AM
    Just reposting my thought from another thread:

What amazes me is that why didn't Blackberry just ask Google permissions for the PlayStore API, and utilize it to download an Android version of the app inside their Blackberry World (if they don't have a native app version for what ever app user wants to find). That way, they can totally make the reviews for the BB10 and Google Playstore separate. Come on, they can already redirect play store links into the BBW, why not go an extra mile? at least target the ones that are free first (if they worry about the dev revenue distribution).

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 01:14 AM
    The changes I have mentioned is present in the 10.2.1.1055 Build.

Bla1ze, a well reputed member of the CrackBerry Staff, has confirmed what you claim is a "theory" to be factual. So has the BlackBerry Leaks Team. Both have acknowledged it publicly on the forums.

Multiple witnesses have seen it running and have used it, including myself.

Thus is it is true and I will now ignore your laughable attempts to troll.

Oh, good! So of course you won't mind posting videos of it running. That would help bolster your case.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-09-13 01:19 AM
    Forget video... I just wanna see this imaginary phone he has with this super os

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    11-09-13 01:24 AM
    He was basically right, Igrann and BlackGram.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    clone apps don't count...
    11-09-13 01:40 AM
    11-09-13 01:45 AM
    As much as i'd like to see OP's story come true, having been burnt by PB experience, i want to keep my excitement under control. Looking at how quickly people have gotten active on this thread, highlights the level of interest, and more importantly, expectation of this coming true, myself included.

All i can say is that this will be the best piece of news for BB users like me, who want the efficiency of BB platform coupled with access to some apps that i care about.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 01:51 AM
    So, I read this entire thread and I have only one thing to say:

BlackBerry should have built on Android.

To expand on that:

They should have skinned it with their own UI (like HTC with Sense and Samsung with Touchwiz) so that it was differentiated and "BlackBerry", just like it is now, with the hub, and the flow/peek UI design. But it should have been Android. A security hardened Android designed with the enterprise in mind, built to work perfectly with BES for large corporate deployments, securely separating personal from business on device (Balance). Supporting device encryption, and integration with BlackBerry Bluetooth Smartcard readers. It would have full unfettered access to Google Play and all the amazing Google services. BlackBerry could have made awesome keyboard Android devices, and full touch devices too, with that distinctive BlackBerry flavored hardware design. Software updates would come through BlackBerry, following on the heels of Google AOSP releases.

Posted from 420 Paper Street
    dusun1, southlander and grevan88 like this.
    11-09-13 01:59 AM
    Windows Phone can't take screenshots, at least not without some real backbone effort and real know-how.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Take a screenshot | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Of course they can. Out of the box.
    Residing and Saiga like this.
    11-09-13 02:05 AM
    Just reposting my thought from another thread:

What amazes me is that why didn't Blackberry just ask Google permissions for the PlayStore API, and utilize it to download an Android version of the app inside their Blackberry World (if they don't have a native app version for what ever app user wants to find). That way, they can totally make the reviews for the BB10 and Google Playstore separate. Come on, they can already redirect play store links into the BBW, why not go an extra mile? at least target the ones that are free first (if they worry about the dev revenue distribution).

Posted via CB10
    You mean like a walled garden with only a selected group of apps. It is certainly possible and I like the idea if I understand you correctly.
    11-09-13 02:50 AM
    CaitlinFD,

Wouldn't bother mate. This is hardly the first time he's stuck to his guns when he's wrong. You'll be vindicated later on and leave it at that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Whyareallthegoodnamestaken; 11-09-13 at 03:48 AM.
    11-09-13 03:37 AM
    would be useless since android apps dont run on blackberry, unless blackberry is going android, which i wish will never happen
    11-09-13 03:54 AM
    You mean like a walled garden with only a selected group of apps. It is certainly possible and I like the idea if I understand you correctly.
    Yep. Something like that, specifically BBW's possible option to hitch hike with Google Playstore's app catalog. They can add subtext on their BBW item detail with a phrase like "This app version is from Google Play"

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:56 AM
    Read the first two pages to understand what's going on with regards to the thread, it's explained there.

Also BlackBerry 10 does already run android apps

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:56 AM
    would be useless since android apps dont run on blackberry, unless blackberry is going android, which i wish will never happen
    You must be new here
    Ealaionta and Thesmartmale like this.
    11-09-13 04:04 AM
    You're incorrect here. The fact is that BB10 phones have been able to run Android apps since version 10.0.

I'm assuming maybe you're a legacy BlackBerry user (OS7 and earlier)?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:51 AM
    I'm totally rooting for CaitlanFD here!

Not for any dislike of CJH or Anilu, but just because I would so like to get access to Google Play.

I still worry about performance though. Android apps on a Z10 will have to have performance that is indistinguishable from a Galaxy S3 (which uses the same SOC as the Z10), otherwise it will be a major dissapoinment even if it does pan out :/

Right now, the same APK runs very very noticeably slower on a Z10 than on an S3, even though these two phones have nearly identical hardware.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:02 AM
    So, I read this entire thread and I have only one thing to say:

BlackBerry should have built on Android.

To expand on that:

They should have skinned it with their own UI (like HTC with Sense and Samsung with Touchwiz) so that it was differentiated and "BlackBerry", just like it is now, with the hub, and the flow/peek UI design. But it should have been Android. A security hardened Android designed with the enterprise in mind, built to work perfectly with BES for large corporate deployments, securely separating personal from business on device (Balance). Supporting device encryption, and integration with BlackBerry Bluetooth Smartcard readers. It would have full unfettered access to Google Play and all the amazing Google services. BlackBerry could have made awesome keyboard Android devices, and full touch devices too, with that distinctive BlackBerry flavored hardware design. Software updates would come through BlackBerry, following on the heels of Google AOSP releases.

Posted from 420 Paper Street
    They would still be working on it.. Why do you think that after all these years of development, Android is still considered a weak link for security if it was so easy to do. It would be a completely different fork if it can be done at all.
    11-09-13 05:17 AM
    They would still be working on it.. Why do you think that after all these years of development, Android is still considered a weak link for security if it was so easy to do. It would be a completely different fork if it can be done at all.
    Isn't there already a government approved version?
    11-09-13 05:19 AM
    Cascades is good, but there is no need for every app to be cascades. There is no way to stand out and distinguish between other apps. There are lot of design limitations in cascades. Simply there is no need for peek and flow in some apps.

Yup, I already don't download Android ports. The problem is that unless you have one consistent interface, then it gets confusing. Peek in this app, but not that one. Swipe this way or swipe that way for the same function. If this happens, I am out of here. BB10 will be dead to both consumers AND BUSINESS.
    11-09-13 06:21 AM
717 ... 1314151617 ...