See? I knew they couldn't be that crazy.
    11-08-13 06:34 PM
    See? I knew they couldn't be that crazy.
    I've only used WP7.xx phones, which can't do it.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-08-13 06:41 PM
    Why don't BlackBerry turn into Android
    So z10 will have android kitkat
    why dont you buy kitkat??

BlackBerry addict
    11-08-13 06:46 PM
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL i cant believe how hard it is for some to understand how possible this is.

if anyone has ever owned a playbook, i personally had the google play store side loaded, and was able to download apks, but after it completed, it would crash the app. you would then have the apk on your playbook, and would have to convert then resideload. if it worked on the playbook with its super ghey android player how much simpler would it be for it to work on the current version

heres the link to the forum on CB
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-later-632112/

then the howto if anyone cares to read
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...15-min-635980/

another thread where moneytoo found out howto get you logged into your sideloaded goolge map to access stared locations (google services related)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...t-apps-866259/
    Last edited by Guyzer; 11-08-13 at 06:57 PM.
    11-08-13 06:47 PM
    I've only used WP7.xx phones, which can't do it.

Yeah well they fixed it. Eventually. Okay back on topic. Unless there really isn't much else to say until we get some more substantial news about this. Would still like to hear what the Devs on CB think about it. I would still buy Native apps myself. I'm just more worried about the new customers that may put more emphasis on the fact that BB10 has Google Play access and not bother to see if there are better native versions. They may even throw the BBworld icon into the back of the app drawers in a folder entitled "useless stuff I can't delete". I have one. I called it "System". It's more respectable.
    ATMJOE likes this.
    11-08-13 06:49 PM
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL i cant believe how hard it is for some to understand how possible this is.

if anyone has ever owned a playbook, i personally had the google play store side loaded, and was able to download apks, but after it completed, it would crash the app. you would then have the apk on your playbook, and would have to convert then resideload. if it worked on the playbook with its super ghey android player how much simpler would it be for it to work on the current version
    I think it has more to do with doing it legally and in a fashion that actually works.
    11-08-13 06:50 PM
    Actually you're incorrect and I can confirm the legitimacy of the OP and I'm not associated with the OP. I don't even know who the OP is or his friend.The runtime has been released in BB World so that BlackBerry can now update the runtime outside of carrier's control to enable access to Google Play and whatnot when this hits. It's not a minor update, there is more to come.

Google and BlackBerry has recently entered an agreement to bypass the Open Alliance relationship so that BlackBerry can deploy Google Play onto BlackBerry 10 as well as enable the currently disabled Google Services Framework (GSF) embedded into the runtime. Meaning not only in the future will users be able to download apps directly from Google Play on device, every single native functionality will be available for use. In plain English, every single Android application will work without the need to sideload, without the need for a debug token or any form of method to enable functionality to work. But you'll need to be on a 10.2.1 build or higher.

All native functionality of Android is fully in the runtime right now. It's just disabled or blacklisted by BlackBerry. It's not difficult to reenable and now they have full permission to.

This is the reason the leaked 10.2.1 builds have ceased. Current builds and radios are currently PIN-Locked meaning if you try to load them onto your device without your PIN being whitelisted, your device will brick. In the higher 10.2.1 builds the new functionality has been added in so users now have access to Google Play and a new runtime that unleashes the potential of Android apps. As far as I am aware, widgets and other applications will continue to not be able to work but applications such as Google Maps will have full access to GSF and other frameworks required for the application to function at 100%. They have curbed the leaks with the intention to hide the fact this is forthcoming. The explanation for hiding it is the sale of the company, fixing the app ecosystem would obviously cause the stocks to raise when BB10 users could download thousands upon thousands of more applications where they work exactly like they do on a native android device and the stock holders would obviously reject a lowball deal if the stock is at 12? 15? 17? dollars after such an announcement. Select BlackBerry employees are now internally testing it.

He's not mistaken. I have personally seen it running and I have a number of BlackBerry employees on my BBM who have told me about it. Michael Cowley on Twitter confirmed 10.2.1 is coming sooner than what the normal timeframe is and that's because of them enabling Google Play and full runtime functionality. Furthermore when I talked to Brian Zubert about ways to fix the Google Maps API usage in Android apps so I could successfully port my banking application, he told me to wait because "something big is coming that is right up your alley and to watch the BlackBerry blog" which translates to "you wont need to remove Google Maps because soon your application will work without problem"

http://i.imgur.com/2A1HGCG.png
    NOTE: Brian is not my source of the information nor has he leaked anything.

I mean, go ahead and say I'm bull****ting or lying but it's no coincidence that 10.2.1 leaks have magically stopped occurring and that random people other than myself are getting the same information leaked to them where our stories match one another. The 10.2.1 builds are up to four digits now and we only have early stage full builds.
    That's a fantastic news!
    simmix369 likes this.
    11-08-13 06:51 PM
    I think this would be a tremendous feather in BB's cap if they can pull this off. I think it would be a win win situation. As long as the apps developers are making money off of the sale of apps, who cares? Everyone would be able to run whatever app they wish on ANY device. The thing that would separate BB from the other devices is that we would not only have the best in communication devices, and the best of the best of messenger device, but we would also have the apps to make BB succeed. This in turn might boost the sales of BB devices.

The O/S would run fast and fluid and would enhance everything we have in our BB devices
    11-08-13 07:12 PM
    Would we not of heard about this a while back if it was coming? Isn't that the way things usually work with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:25 PM
    Nope. Says browser.

Posted via CB10
    ???. I don't know what you are trying to say... If it was a screenshot in a browser app, the bottom bar would say "Browser", not "browser". The screenshot said "Play Store". So I don't know where "browser" enters the conversation or what your meaning is.
    11-08-13 07:35 PM
    Would we not of heard about this a while back if it was coming? Isn't that the way things usually work with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    We did. See earlier in this thread for the refresher. There were rumors of this months ago. Some people thought it was crazy then. Some still think it's crazy now. I prefer to wait for to see what happens.
    11-08-13 07:40 PM
    We did. See earlier in this thread for the refresher. There were rumors of this months ago. Some people thought it was crazy then. Some still think it's crazy now. I prefer to wait for to see what happens.
    I'm not believing anything until I see proof. I don't know the implications this would have if it ever happened, not even if it will be good or bad.

Anilu7 and UnlimitedEra like this.
    11-08-13 07:43 PM
    The best part is to make blackberry world split in two like world and moon - world would be native or semi native ported apps and moon will be all android apps in the google store. So you get BB APP WORLD and BB APP MOON. SO they can also check which apps are running with MOON
    M-O-O-N. That spells Android.*

*For you Stephen King fans...

Posted via CB10
    absolut20 and jtfolden like this.
    11-08-13 08:25 PM
    So let's say this happens, here are some questions I have (I may or may not know the answer to those but)

1. how likely is this to create Google a big trouble with others non member of of the open alliance for not giving them the same access that BlackBerry would get?

2. Who's to say the big dogs that have refused to come to BlackBerry either by porting their apps or building a native one, will not block or make said app not available to BlackBerry even if we can use the play store?

3. Let's say a deal was being worked out, how do we know it didn't got screwed when the consortium that got Nortel's patents sued Google and almost all relevant android OEMs?
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    11-08-13 08:49 PM
    This is the kind of move that bans a lot of phones at a lot of companies.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:58 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been answered but what would google get out of this? Other than a percentage from downloaded paid apps.
    AfterHoursWelds likes this.
    11-08-13 09:15 PM

another thread where moneytoo found out howto get you logged into your sideloaded goolge map to access stared locations (google services related)
    Heeeyyyyy, look at that... Some of my ancient threads... The reason currently for no Play store access is that the APK is specifically blocked within the runtime. But that doesn't mean the runtime itself is incapable of running it...
    11-08-13 09:20 PM
    BlackBerry are NOT members of the Open Handset Alliance; so how could they and Google came to an agreement to bypass it?
    Google is in charge of the Open Handset Alliance. To have access to Google Play, the manufacturer must be apart of the Open Handset Alliance and run a Google approved copy of Android on their device, not another operating system with a android runtime. Google has the power to allow exceptions to the requirements to approve Google Play deployment on another manufacturer's devices.

Also, there are plenty of people running leaked builds of 10.2.1.x and they're not 'whitlisted' nor are their BB10 devices bricked.
    Your 'argument' is moot.
    Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The 10.2.1.x builds available on CrackBerry are ancient and early level which do not contain the forthcoming changes to the Runtime and GooglePlay. No builds containing the changes are available nor are they able to be leaked at this current time.

Guess what buckaroo. The BerryLeaks Team have independently confirmed that I am correct. Check the other thread.

Your argument is invalid. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.
    Ealaionta and SteelGreek like this.
    11-08-13 09:38 PM
    For this to even be remotely plausible, there would have to be a native version of Google Play Services built for BlackBerry. Until someone shows you a picture of that (current, and necessary version is 4.xx) treat everything else as an elaborate hoax.

FWIW, a friend at Google thought this idea was hilarious, and gave the picture of the play store 10/10 on the epic troll scale.
    Stop making comments you have no idea about. Moneytoo has already provided details in other threads that Google Play Services (GPS) can already be sideloaded (installed) into the current runtime to make other some applications work presently and that Google Services Framework (GSF) is currently blocked from being installed through a blacklist run by BlackBerry and that the underlying elements of it are seemingly already embedded but disabled. It's very technically feasible and elements of it are already in the runtime.

Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    11-08-13 09:44 PM
    If Google play comes to the z10 this s4 will be retired quick smart!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using CB Forums mobile app
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-08-13 09:44 PM
    BB10 runtime is still crippled compared to a full Android OS so there are still apps hat don't run properly on it. I doubt Google would put developers in the position of having to deal with supporting users on devices running a completely different OS, using an intentionally crippled android runtime which causes issues with their apps on those devices.
    The runtime is crippled due to BlackBerry previously not having permission to uncripple it. It's actucally not that crippled once you remove the blocks and blacklisting.
    ital1, grover5 and Ealaionta like this.
    11-08-13 09:48 PM
    Would be pretty impressive if BlackBerry manages to pull it off. All they need to do is to let Google Play sits on the personal side of the device, and any potential issues with Google Play won't get into the work partition....
    11-08-13 10:03 PM
    Why can't we all just chill out. We know blackberry is going to be up and running for a while with the influx of cash. Instead of arguing or just flat out trying to diminish ops thoughts and each others, just chillax. In the end most of us will know in time what 10.2.1 has in store for us. In time all will be revealed.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    11-08-13 10:29 PM
    This thing kind of blew up. Do I need to re-upload the pictures? Or not necessary?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:32 PM

When you had a PlayBook, you did not have the Play Store sideloaded. You had the Android Market sideloaded as the Play Store didn't exist. The clues are in the first two links you posted.

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-08-13 11:00 PM
717 ... 1112131415 ...