Sorry, in the end this comes down to opinion, and in mine and many other's, BlackBerry push is superior to all the other options out there.
    It was a differentiating factor for legacy devices and it would still be a differentiating factor today.

You want to go off forum threads? Quick search will show you the advantages and people who miss BlackBerry email and are frustrated with the current offerings. More in depth search will show you how derided current offerings were when they were offered on others oses and BlackBerry offered a superior alternative.

Anyway, as said, it's all opinions. Please don't pass yours off as fact. Push is not push, all services are not created equal, not even active sync and imap.

Posted via CB10
    Wow...

Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-jackiechan01.jpg

I don't even know what to say here. I recommend you read up on each of the email protocols. You'll realize that saying, "Push isn't push" is 100% wrong. Also, I didn't go off of forum threads, I pointed out that there's an entire subforum dedicated to you're "superior for real push" fails. If I went off forum posts, then every email service would be equally as horrible, since most people have no idea what the different email protocols do/offer.

Please keep your opinions about push email to yourself. You're just going to confuse new and inexperienced members into thinking "push isn't push".
    Terser Nori likes this.
    11-12-13 09:14 AM
    I meant in terms of acquiring. Apk's from sources other than Google Play. And how can users become products?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    Ah. I see.

BB10 users have had access to apks all this time though. I was referring to formal access to Google Services.
    11-12-13 09:35 AM
    Wow...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JackieChan01.jpg 
Views:	1647 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	219814

I don't even know what to say here. I recommend you read up on each of the email protocols. You'll realize that saying, "Push isn't push" is 100% wrong. Also, I didn't go off of forum threads, I pointed out that there's an entire subforum dedicated to you're "superior for real push" fails. If I went off forum posts, then every email service would be equally as horrible, since most people have no idea what the different email protocols do/offer.

Please keep your opinions about push email to yourself. You're just going to confuse new and inexperienced members into thinking "push isn't push".
    BlackBerry push is gone in bb10 and persists in legacy.
    BlackBerry push was seen as superior for push email to many people.
    It is not infallible but better than the offerings on bb10 so far, at least in some people's eyes.

Not sure why you feel the need to drag this on. It's clear we disagree. I suppose I don't mind you having your own opinion but for some reason you feel the need to have everyone accept yours. I'm misleading no one. If you think all push systems are the same, you are very misinformed.

Resorting to childish things like putting up memes or pics to make a point usually indicates you're out of ideas.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:15 AM
    Other than games, name me one big name app that's BFB that isn't a Port? Flipboard, Songza, Skype all ports.
    Hmm.. Bloomberg? WhatsApp?
    In any case, you miss the point. The point is, BB10 userbase is VERY SMALL. While app-developers care about providing superior experience to their users, the pre-requisite is that they must have some users to begin with.

BB 10 has a very small user base; if it had a (much) bigger user-base, app developers would go convert their ports to native apps.

If all app-developers cared about was making apps with least amount of work possible, then both Android and iPhone app stores would be filled with cross-platform (HTML5/JS, PhoneGap, Titatinum) based apps, instead of native apps. But no, app developers spend time and effort in developing native apps for iOS and Android separately, instead of developing a cross-platform app that works on both.
    11-12-13 11:22 AM
    Google play store would be great. If bbry had to give all profits from those apps to google, it would still be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    What a nut job you are! Keep gooooogle out of my phone! Biggest spy agency in the world!

QNX posted via CB10
    John Pawling and djsvet like this.
    11-12-13 11:25 AM
    Hmm.. Bloomberg? WhatsApp?
    In any case, you miss the point. The point is, BB10 userbase is VERY SMALL. While app-developers care about providing superior experience to their users, the pre-requisite is that they must have some users to begin with.

BB 10 has a very small user base; if it had a (much) bigger user-base, app developers would go convert their ports to native apps.

If all app-developers cared about was making apps with least amount of work possible, then both Android and iPhone app stores would be filled with cross-platform (HTML5/JS, PhoneGap, Titatinum) based apps, instead of native apps. But no, app developers spend time and effort in developing native apps for iOS and Android separately, instead of developing a cross-platform app that works on both.
    And again you miss my point. Why develop for two stores on one platform when you can just stick to one store and hit two platforms?

It makes no logical sense for anyone to build natively if they have one app in one store that can hit two platforms.
    11-12-13 11:31 AM
    So the only thing the Play Store does is close a "app gap". So fix one issue while causing how many more?

How much longer do we have to let this company get away with sub par excuses?

They need to drop the Android Runtime all together. Because as we've all seen. There is still no incentive to go native. Take Songza for example. Still a port. Even after they said they'd build it natively.

Skype. They went as far as to upgrade their port with a port not a native app.

Again, it'll solve the gap but at what cost to those 3rd party devs working so hard to bring apps to the BB Platform natively. Take the devs behind iGrann, Whine and BlackGram for example.

Another example... Flipboard. BB was so proud to have them on the platform but again another port.

I know I'd have no incentive to develop natively for a platform that has the real version of the app I'd try to reproduce.

Even the new chive on app that was built. If you bring the Play Store to BB10, new users will only look to it for their apps. Which in turns makes those 3rd party apps obsolete.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I agree on this with you kris.
    Having Play store is not and never going to be an advantage. All it offers is App gap, but it's not true since most of Android apps suck on BB10 and must have further optimizations. I'm also sure that blackberry is going to get lots of users whining about how the Android apps suck on BB10 while it was never designed for the blackberry experience. It's like believing a lie that only exists in a picture and not reality.

Posted Via CB10. Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-12-13 12:35 PM
    11-12-13 01:13 PM
    SO to add fuel to the fire. Tell me again how GPlay on BB10 will help?

Hands on with the official Vine app for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Looks like WP8 is getting all the big name apps now without the need to resort to importing 3rd party apps or ports.
    ATMJOE likes this.
    11-12-13 01:42 PM
    SO to add fuel to the fire. Tell me again how GPlay on BB10 will help?

Hands on with the official Vine app for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Looks like WP8 is getting all the big name apps now without the need to resort to importing 3rd party apps or ports.
    I think Microsoft can just buy the apps they need. I think if I had a popular app out on ios and Android and had no intention of doing a wp app and ms turned up with a fat cheque, I'd say "why the hell not? ". And you know very well Kris that before wp started attracting official versions that they were using third party apps too. It's just a question of time and demonstrable user base.

SDTRMG likes this.
    11-12-13 03:04 PM
    I think Microsoft can just buy the apps they need. I think if I had a popular app out on ios and Android and had no intention of doing a wp app and ms turned up with a fat cheque, I'd say "why the hell not? ". And you know very well Kris that before wp started attracting official versions that they were using third party apps too. It's just a question of time and demonstrable user base.

Exactly my point, native 3rd party apps by developers who care about the platform. It made the bigger guys move in.

And we're now seeing that in Whine, iGrann and BlackGram. But if the GPlay store comes to fruition, what motivation does any 3rd party Dev have to build a new app to compete?

They'll just lose out to the real Instagram or the real Vine because they can have the real thing. Whether or not its a port.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 03:07 PM
    11-12-13 06:09 PM
    * head spinning* can we all agree that something is occurring (officially or not) that makes life easier regarding installation of Android apps? It would appear that this is the case.

11-12-13 10:10 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=872887 are we in the game yet?

11-12-13 10:29 PM
    I got amazon app store and 1mobile market and I can download APKS directly on my phone

Sweeeeettttt

So far

InstaGram
    Shazam
    Google maps
    Pinterest
    Snapchat
    Iwatch DVR *for my business*
    Netflix

Installed locally on my phone all working awesome pawesome

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-12-13 11:31 PM
    What a nut job you are! Keep gooooogle out of my phone! Biggest spy agency in the world!

QNX posted via CB10
    +1

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BES10
    11-13-13 02:49 AM
    This concept looks very good !

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:02 AM
717 ... 272829