I hope this wonderful news will apply to the Z10/Q10 and not just the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, I really do hope so. WE really are excited
    11-11-13 06:55 PM
    11-11-13 07:03 PM
    If this happens, BlackBerry better take advantage and market the crap out of the fact that they have every app available to them.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you would think they would...
    11-11-13 07:04 PM
    That's it. I guess the party here's over then.

Z10 STL100-2/back to10.1.0.4828 and not missing a thing!
    11-11-13 07:06 PM
    This can't be so. CatlinFD knows someone.
    Pdinos3, Uzi, SirJes and 3 others like this.
    11-11-13 07:09 PM
    This can't be so. CatlinFD knows someone.
    So does moodyk!
    11-11-13 07:16 PM
    As long as they keep updating the Android Runtime to be more efficient and more integrated into BB10 I will be happy. Now that we have this response, at least the release of 10.2.1 will not be a big disappointment. Now we can focus on the other functions.
    11-11-13 07:22 PM
    So I guess all those who argued with CJH till they were blue in the face owe him an apology after this news from BlackBerry denying the Google Play store.

I mean after all, you all only let the stupid fanboi side get the better of you all.

This is for the better. The Google Play store brings no benefit to BB10 being on this platform. Stop trying to find a reason to suck up to the company and start giving them the tough love they need to grow and make better handsets, better improvements to the OS

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-11-13 07:49 PM
    So I guess all those who argued with CJH till they were blue in the face owe him an apology after this news from BlackBerry denying the Google Play store.
    I don't think so. I can write a news article with an "official statement" and claim it's an official statement. Funny enough I don't see the statement on BlackBerry - Newsroom - US nor do I see a name attached onto the official statement there I conclude it's not an official statement, rather an insider statement from some random employee who doesn't have the authority to make statements to begin with meaning said employee doesn't speak on behalf of BlackBerry (and probably has no idea what he is even talking about or the internal development at BlackBerry) therefore nobody owes CJH an apology.
    11-11-13 08:01 PM
    I don't think so. I can write a news article with an "official statement" and claim it's an official statement. Funny enough I don't see the statement on BlackBerry - Newsroom - US nor do I see a name attached onto the official statement there I conclude it's not an official statement, rather an insider statement from some random employee who doesn't have the authority to make statements to begin with meaning said employee doesn't speak on behalf of BlackBerry (and probably has no idea what he is even talking about or the internal development at BlackBerry) therefore nobody owes CJH an apology.
    Wow, just wow. I bet if CB ran with that story you'd believe it.

Anilu7 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    11-11-13 08:04 PM
    Wow, just wow. I bet if CB ran with that story you'd believe it.

Seeing as N4BB reported BlackBerry was in negotiations with Google and suddenly they post a contradicting statement a few days later. Hilarious reporting, as shocking as CrackBerry's reporting half of the time. Them contradicting themselves just goes to show they haven't the fondest clue about anything. If I want accurate or informative news about BlackBerry, I don't go to N4BB or CrackBerry. I mean, look at the whole Instagram fiasco about how we were getting Instagram or look at the interview with Chen which told us nothing. Like why even post that interview? It was complete and utter garbage and contained little other than generic questions and statements. No insight was gained from the interview, nothing. That's just an example of the lack of content rich articles on both CB and N4BB.
    11-11-13 08:07 PM
    But that's ironic Kris when you confirmed Instagram was coming (when it wasn't even being tested nor was it in existence internally) then kept arguing with people who thought it was a joke. Even if this doesn't see the light of day, at least it physically exists behind closed door (changes to the runtime and Google Play) unlike your claims. You don't even use a BlackBerry anymore (Mr Nexus) so why should anyone even listen to any of your points or believe you after your history and changing devices? You were like, in the eyes of most people, one of the most dedicated blackberry users but that wasn't true was it?
    11-11-13 08:15 PM
    Usually BlackBerry says that they are going to bring something and then fail to deliver.

If this were true I think that we would have heard about it by now.

I think that there is just as good of chance of the Google play store ending up on the play book.

Posted via CB10
    trading-man likes this.
    11-11-13 08:17 PM
    The runtime changes and Google Play definitely exists behind closed doors internally but yeah knowing BlackBerry's history it may never see the light of day for a number of reasons or when it finally hits it's execution could resemble something else.
    11-11-13 08:19 PM
    But that's ironic Kris when you confirmed Instagram was coming (when it wasn't even being tested nor was it in existence internally) then kept arguing with people who thought it was a joke. Even if this doesn't see the light of day, at least it physically exists behind closed door (changes to the runtime and Google Play) unlike your claims. You don't even use a BlackBerry anymore (Mr Nexus) so why should anyone even listen to any of your points or believe you after your history and changing devices? You were like, in the eyes of most people, one of the most dedicated blackberry users but that wasn't true was it?
    Aha, yes take your cheap shots that's fine. I saw and heard what I did about IG. Things change.

I never denied the play store was coming, I just believe it's a stupid move.

I bet it actually was on the plate, but as with IG things change.

Admit that things change and you'll be able to live your life a little better instead of having to take cheap shots and use old news to cover the obvious

11-11-13 08:34 PM

I mean after all, you all only let the stupid fanboi side get the better of you all.

This is for the better. The Google Play store brings no benefit to BB10 being on this platform. Stop trying to find a reason to suck up to the company and start giving them the tough love they need to grow and make better handsets, better improvements to the OS

I don't think I could ever express in words just how much I disagree with this... on literally every level. Not offering Google Play is a monumental error IMO.

The whole handset alliance issue is something BlackBerry could resolve with some effort if they chose to (especially considering that BlackBerry Sweden is already a member).

We will clearly just have to agree to disagree on this.

Once again it seems BlackBerry doesn't care to do the very things that the vast majority of their customers and potential customers want (at least as far my scans of all the immense positive reaction from literally every site that has reported the rumour on the internet).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 11-11-13 at 08:49 PM.
    11-11-13 08:38 PM
    -_____- very disappointed, the news always disappointing

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:41 PM
    I don't think I could ever express in words just how much I disagree with this... on literally every level. Not offering Google Play is a monumental error IMO.

The whole handset alliance issue is something BlackBerry could resolve with some effort if they chose to (especially considering that BlackBerry Sweden is already a member).

We will clearly just have to agree to disagree on this.

Posted via CB10
    So the only thing the Play Store does is close a "app gap". So fix one issue while causing how many more?

How much longer do we have to let this company get away with sub par excuses?

They need to drop the Android Runtime all together. Because as we've all seen. There is still no incentive to go native. Take Songza for example. Still a port. Even after they said they'd build it natively.

Skype. They went as far as to upgrade their port with a port not a native app.

Again, it'll solve the gap but at what cost to those 3rd party devs working so hard to bring apps to the BB Platform natively. Take the devs behind iGrann, Whine and BlackGram for example.

Another example... Flipboard. BB was so proud to have them on the platform but again another port.

I know I'd have no incentive to develop natively for a platform that has the real version of the app I'd try to reproduce.

Even the new chive on app that was built. If you bring the Play Store to BB10, new users will only look to it for their apps. Which in turns makes those 3rd party apps obsolete.

11-11-13 08:48 PM
    Alright let's now move on. Nothing to see here anymore.

Though I'm excited for the next big disappointing news (or rumor).

Z10 STL100-2/back to10.1.0.4828 and not missing a thing!
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-11-13 08:52 PM
    OMG is Catilin a girl?? I hope so cuz her last messages turned me on lol. dam
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-11-13 09:16 PM
    On the side note, I am glad I'm not the only one who thought that Chen interview was the most pointless upload ever. There was no meat to that interview.
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-11-13 09:19 PM
    OMG is Catilin a girl?? I hope so cuz her last messages turned me on lol. dam
    No. He is a man and I got an infraction for making an Austin Powers joke about it.

I do believe that he knows what he is talking about.
    habs_fan and BravoZuluDelta like this.
    11-11-13 09:24 PM
    Oh lol. Well then CAITLIN, I am no longer turned on.. but well spoken!!
    11-11-13 09:28 PM
    I need to stop telling my friends these BB10 Rumours until BlackBerry brings them to fruition. I always look like an *****.
    11-11-13 09:28 PM
    Bm

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:29 PM
717 ... 2526272829