Do all those apps work or are they just installing? I can side load apps that don't work and get icons just like that.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:35 AM
    I hope you do, with so many fake images here I am just skeptical. I await your video to change my opinion.
    ...Mr Glenn I'll will post a video...
    Just to add to this: I hope a final version of this project will filter out apps BB10 can not handle, like lockscreen apps and widgets (I doubt they will work, even with 10.2.1). Makes no sense to me to just load GPLAY 1:1, without any sort of selection.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-11-13 07:36 AM
    I hope this wonderful news will apply to the Z10/Q10 and not just the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:40 AM
    I hope BB management have looked at this thread and the rest of the interwebs and seen that the vast majority of people posting are super excited about this.

In addition to this, a ton of Android posters (on numerous sites--including Android-only sites) have been excited about this and have stated tha this would make them look at BB10. Whether these statements would translate into actual sales--who knows. But at least there is a ton of positive sentiment regarding this move.

And the fact of the matter is that consumer popularity influences the enterprise--NOT the other way around. You can't win the enterprise with a phone that doesn't have a strong consumer base -- even with all the security and other benefits of BB10.
    11-11-13 08:45 AM
    You can't win the enterprise with a phone that doesn't have a strong consumer base -- even with all the security and other benefits of BB10.
    Well....you can and BlackBerry did in the 2000's. But the difference was there was no consumer base for any smartphone from any manufacturer at the time.

So, the only way BlackBerry can regain market share is of we all grab rival brands of phones out of people's hands whenever we see them and smash them against a wall until only BlackBerry remains. Who's with me?!

Is that a bit extreme? I haven't taken my medication today.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:22 AM
    Well....you can and BlackBerry did in the 2000's. But the difference was there was no consumer base for any smartphone from any manufacturer at the time.

So, the only way BlackBerry can regain market share is of we all grab rival brands of phones out of people's hands whenever we see them and smash them against a wall until only BlackBerry remains. Who's with me?!

Posted via CB10
    Sweet! I knew I wasn't the only one to think like that.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    johnnyuk likes this.
    11-11-13 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let's do it! This is SPARTA!!!!!!! o_0

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    BravoZuluDelta and johnnyuk like this.
    11-11-13 11:21 AM
    Mr Glenn I'll will post a video of app downloading. I don't have a video camera at work.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe this app could help you out as it records what is on your screen.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=870837

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-11-13 11:29 AM
    Let's do it! This is SPARTA!!!!!!! o_0

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    Yeah! Berry Army!

SDTRMG likes this.
    11-11-13 12:00 PM
    With all the excitement and several threads about Google Play coming to BB10 and all that. If eventually it doesn't come, I hope someone somewhere doesn't commit suicide or even become a serial killer

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    11-11-13 12:22 PM
    Biggest problem now is that the current Android runtime is too slow.

I know I keep harping on this, but until I see an app like Flipboard on my Z10 run as fast as it does on a Galaxy S3 (which shares almost identical hardware to the Z10), then I don't think this is going to fly with consumers or the tech community :/

Posted via CB10
    That is why Android phones need the spec war because their OS is so resource dependant. They started to address that issue with Android 4.4 Kikat. For that reason I hope BlackBerry will quickly upgrade to that runtime on BB10 as it requires less resources then 4.2. No matter how good their runtime implementation is, it will never be as fast as a similar spec'd phone because the phone is still running BB10 as well as the Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-11-13 12:39 PM
    Videoprove you have google play installed and that you can simply download and install through it. I would like to see an app that is not working through sideloading,like nba game time. Than I'll trust you and I'll begin my approval dance for you ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:01 PM
    It's just 3rd party downloading app that happens to look like Play store ("Google Play Store Pro").
    Anilu7 and Ruslan Botsyurko like this.
    11-11-13 01:02 PM
    Gaah, this story makes no sense at all. Google is riding high, and have so much cash in the bank that shareholders are complaining. Yet they're going to antagonise every single member of the OHA by giving BlackBerry something that they've denied to Samsung, punished Acer and threatened countless other firms over?
    Selective enforcement is not allowed under OHA rules, nor as a general legal principle. So this story would mean that Google was seeking to destroy the OHA for BlackBerry's sake. They cannot force OHA compliance on some firms but not on others. It would amount to collusion and market interference and the penalties for such behaviour are very harsh.
    Believe me, the day an agreement like this went through, Samsung, Acer and a host of others would file suit for loss of potential revenues and the institutional shareholders would very quickly sue both Google and the individual directors.
    So for it to be true, BlackBerry would have to provide something of greater value than Google's current Android/OHA setup plus legal costs plus the risk of potential damages. I can't see any way that they could.

BlackBerry's survival and recovery will have to come from a solid ground game involving efficient operations, great products and ferocious marketing. Not from Google's board going nuts and sacrificing an existing business model for BlackBerry's sake.
    Would you post this here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=872283 too?

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:05 PM
    Well lets face it Google Play is so established now and Android is worth more to Samsung than google. Ubuntu are launching a phone os which will probably need to support android apps. Its all about play store for google now not necessarily running on native android thats immeterial.
    11-11-13 01:16 PM
    Well lets face it Google Play is so established now and Android is worth more to Samsung than google. Ubuntu are launching a phone os which will probably need to support android apps. Its all about play store for google now not necessarily running on native android thats immeterial.
    Won't the Ubuntu phone be dual boot, where android will be the second os?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:26 PM
    With all the excitement and several threads about Google Play coming to BB10 and all that. If eventually it doesn't come, I hope someone somewhere doesn't commit suicide or even become a serial killer
    Only if they invest in BB stock.
    11-11-13 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Too late for me

11-11-13 02:55 PM
    I hate Android. The Native apps are so much better. I like how it is now because the ported apps are tested, and some are even slightly updated to work better with BlackBerry 10. I have absolutely no interest in having Google Play on my BlackBerry. I came from iOS with its ridiculous amount of apps, and I am perfectly fine. I bought a BlackBerry because it was different from iOS and not an Android. I worry that native development will cease or be drastically reduced. Plus most, if not all, of the app revenue may just go to Google. I'm all for BlackBerry getting more developers to port their Android app and possibly enticing them to develop a native app, but I want it to be up to the developer and BlackBerry. That's my opinion. I use some ported apps (no sideloads) because I want to show the developers that there is demand.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:10 PM
    The problem with your idea is that nobody wants BIS. It really has no advantage over regular data.

Posted via CB10
    If I could get just BIS email i.e. true push email instead of Active Sync, I'd be very happy.
    11-11-13 03:21 PM
    If I could get just BIS email i.e. true push email instead of Active Sync, I'd be very happy.
    Exchange Active Sync is true push email...
    11-11-13 03:46 PM
    Exchange Active Sync is true push email...
    It's not BlackBerry push email.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:39 PM
    It's not BlackBerry push email.

Posted via CB10
    Regardless, push email is push email whether it's BlackBerry or Exchange Active Sync.
    11-11-13 05:38 PM
    ALL ANDROID APPS USE A VIRTUAL RUNTIME. All Android apps run on a virtual machine, even on Android phones like the Galaxy S4. It's called the Dalvik Virtual Machine.

How do you think the same Android app can run on so many different Android phones having different CPUs? How do you think the same Android app can run on an Android tablet with an Intel CPU but ALSO run on a tablet with an ARM Processor?
    Because they are running the Android kernal and a full android OS. We just have a virtual app runner.

Posted Via CB10. Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    11-11-13 06:02 PM
    Looks like Mr Glenn was right.

Posted via CB10
    MrGlenn likes this.
    11-11-13 06:30 PM
717 ... 2425262728 ...