"@N4_BB: Pictures illustrating Google Play Store on BB10 have been confirmed as fake, but negotiations between BlackBerry and Google are very real."

I was right all time

C00019C6F
    11-10-13 06:51 PM
    You do realize installing the play store is a useless endeavor, you would still need to extract the apk you download, convert it to bar then sideload it, unless BlackBerry puts a built in apk to bar conversion process, I don't see this working.

Posted via CB10
    U don't say...

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-10-13 07:25 PM
    It makes no difference if a company owned by BlackBerry are part of the OHA, BlackBerry are not and Google will not breach the rules of the OHA which they are keen to enforce.

This has been explained in earlier posts by at least two different people.

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    Actually tat is blackberry Sweden..

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-10-13 07:27 PM
    You should probably do some research before laughing

http://www.neowin.net/news/us-milita...se-by-soldiers

And there is more if you learn to search.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    And you should learn to don't believe everything you read .

Symbian, Maemoo, WebOS, MeeGo, Android, iOS, and finally peace with BB10
    11-10-13 07:31 PM
    Gaah, this story makes no sense at all. Google is riding high, and have so much cash in the bank that shareholders are complaining. Yet they're going to antagonise every single member of the OHA by giving BlackBerry something that they've denied to Samsung, punished Acer and threatened countless other firms over?
    Selective enforcement is not allowed under OHA rules, nor as a general legal principle. So this story would mean that Google was seeking to destroy the OHA for BlackBerry's sake. They cannot force OHA compliance on some firms but not on others. It would amount to collusion and market interference and the penalties for such behaviour are very harsh.
    Believe me, the day an agreement like this went through, Samsung, Acer and a host of others would file suit for loss of potential revenues and the institutional shareholders would very quickly sue both Google and the individual directors.
    So for it to be true, BlackBerry would have to provide something of greater value than Google's current Android/OHA setup plus legal costs plus the risk of potential damages. I can't see any way that they could.

BlackBerry's survival and recovery will have to come from a solid ground game involving efficient operations, great products and ferocious marketing. Not from Google's board going nuts and sacrificing an existing business model for BlackBerry's sake.
    Last edited by Kiswathi; 11-10-13 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Had mistakenly written Asus instead of Acer
    11-10-13 07:37 PM
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sideloaded apps are APKs with a debug token as a second file.

When you sideload today, BB10 is ALREADY RUNNING THE APK FILE.

The only thing that Google play brings is the ability to do things without a debug token. And with no debug token that leaves the apk file and nothing else. There have already been leaks that let you run apks without a debug token. This is not a hard thing to do.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-10-13 07:37 PM
    Enough with the off-topic personal attacks. I had to delete an entire page of posts. Do I need to hand out infractions for you to understand that it's not ok? You don't have to reply to every post, just let it go and move on.
    Anilu7 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    11-10-13 08:10 PM
    Oh, and On-Topic personal attacks are not tolerated either
    11-10-13 08:10 PM
    Enough with the off-topic personal attacks. I had to delete an entire page of posts. Do I need to hand out infractions for you to understand that it's not ok? You don't have to reply to every post, just let it go and move on.
    Finally. Thank you.

Z10 STL100-2/back to10.1.0.4828 and not missing a thing!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-10-13 08:11 PM
    But there's no rush to join the android brigade.
    BlackBerry's Chen: No rush to Android - CNET Mobile
    11-10-13 08:30 PM
    Well, if this does have legs, it won't make much difference to me as a few of the apps I sideloaded don't display nicely on the smaller screen and I am not sure that would change. The thread has been an interesting read that is for sure.
    11-10-13 09:26 PM
    Gaah, this story makes no sense at all. Google is riding high, and have so much cash in the bank that shareholders are complaining. Yet they're going to antagonise every single member of the OHA by giving BlackBerry something that they've denied to Samsung, punished Acer and threatened countless other firms over?
    Selective enforcement is not allowed under OHA rules, nor as a general legal principle. So this story would mean that Google was seeking to destroy the OHA for BlackBerry's sake. They cannot force OHA compliance on some firms but not on others. It would amount to collusion and market interference and the penalties for such behaviour are very harsh.
    Believe me, the day an agreement like this went through, Samsung, Acer and a host of others would file suit for loss of potential revenues and the institutional shareholders would very quickly sue both Google and the individual directors.
    So for it to be true, BlackBerry would have to provide something of greater value than Google's current Android/OHA setup plus legal costs plus the risk of potential damages. I can't see any way that they could.

BlackBerry's survival and recovery will have to come from a solid ground game involving efficient operations, great products and ferocious marketing. Not from Google's board going nuts and sacrificing an existing business model for BlackBerry's sake.
    Could BlackBerry properly join the OHA and therefore be fully eligible to gain access to Google Play and all of the Google framework services?

I know that they have to share all of their changes to Android code, but since it is a sandboxed VM or emulator, could that mean that they don't need to share anything with the OHA about QNX or BlackBerry 10?

They simply share what they are required to under the OHA rules in regards to their Dalvik player or even the new ART?

I've not read into what they must share as an OHA member in depth.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    11-10-13 10:48 PM
    Other than Bla1ze's comment earlier, it's a bit weird how CB team has kept mum this long, considering how big this news could be.

11-10-13 11:05 PM
    Could BlackBerry properly join the OHA and therefore be fully eligible to gain access to Google Play and all of the Google framework services?

I know that they have to share all of their changes to Android code, but since it is a sandboxed VM or emulator, could that mean that they don't need to share anything with the OHA about QNX or BlackBerry 10?

They simply share what they are required to under the OHA rules in regards to their Dalvik player or even the new ART?

I've not read into what they must share as an OHA member in depth.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    Under the OHA, BlackBerry 10 counts as an Android clone, because it has a "form of compatibility" with Android apps, similar to Amazon's Kindle Fire tablets (can run Android apps, but not formally sanctioned to do so). So, in order for BlackBerry to join the OHA, they would have to completely abandon BB10, in the same fashion that Lenovo was forced to abandon Alibaba OS.

If Google allowed BlackBerry to join in its current form, then every single Android OEM would sue them for lost profits, more than likely bankrupting them.

I could be wrong, though. Someone, please correct me, if I am.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    11-10-13 11:25 PM
    Has it become time for a CB editorial? Just asking.
    11-10-13 11:49 PM
    Has it become time for a CB editorial? Just asking.
    I second that.

11-10-13 11:56 PM
    & N4BB has confirmed that the Google Play on BB10 images are fake, so why is this still all over the CB forums?

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:52 AM
    & N4BB has confirmed that the Google Play on BB10 images are fake, so why is this still all over the CB forums?

Posted via CB10
    Actually the images came out after this post and they do not mean the rumor is not true. Honestly I'm leaning towards this being a true rumor as there has been so many people confirming it and seems like the next logical step for BlackBerry to survive.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:28 AM
    Also heard from a BlackBerry employee the rumor is true. Hence, that's why we don't have a full leak atm for the 10.2.1.xxxx. Only time will tell or til we hear something from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:05 AM
    Leaked screenshots reveal Google Play Store on BlackBerry 10.2.1?

We're making news. Hope it really comes true:-)
    Comments are 99 percent positive on that article. Not a bad sign.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:33 AM
    The pictures are fake but the negotiations are true

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:40 AM
    I think what he's talking about (with reference to "going Android") is that he doesn't want BB10 to become nothing more than a skin on top of Android.

This is VERY different than what is being discussed in this forum which is:

1. Keeping BB10 and everything that differentiates it, including the fact it was built from the start with security in mind

2. EXTENDING it with the ability to install Android apps from Google Play

EXTENDING BB10 with Android is much different than throwing away BB10 and REPLACING it with Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:56 AM
    I think what he's talking about (with reference to "going Android") is having BB10 be nothing more than a skin on top of Android.

This is VERY different than what is being discussed in this forum which is:

1. Keeping BB10 and everything that differentiates it, including the fact it was built from the start with security in mind

2. EXTENDING it with the ability to install Android apps from Google Play

EXTENDING BB10 with Android is much different than throwing away BB10 and REPLACING it with Android.

Posted via CB10
    Somewhat true, but at some point, BlackBerry will have to stop pretending like specs don't matter.

If the phone runs android apps, and android phones are in spec wars, BlackBerry has to up specs to justify equivalent pricing with android flagships.
    They'd prolly need really competitive hardware, fast.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:58 AM
    Biggest problem now is that the current Android runtime is too slow.

I know I keep harping on this, but until I see an app like Flipboard on my Z10 run as fast as it does on a Galaxy S3 (which shares almost identical hardware to the Z10), then I don't think this is going to fly with consumers or the tech community :/

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:00 AM
    For those who think that blackberry is going to run android.
    ITS NOT!
    Even if they added Google Play and it's services.
    It is still a virtual runtime on a BB10 device.
    Adding a full android OS to blackberry is not and never going to happen.

Posted Via CB10. Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    11-11-13 04:07 AM
717 ... 2223242526 ...