Kit kit is not released yet

Posted via CB10
    kit kat is released, i have it on my nexus 5
    11-09-13 06:15 PM
    The importance of apps: this thread now approaches 34 000 views.
    app_Developer and mnc76 like this.
    11-09-13 06:21 PM
    My point is it is just my opinion. That is the point on my posts in this thread. Can't I post that here?

If there is an app for other phones that I may need, I always contact the developer and ask for a native OS10 one. If the response is negative I just move on and not whine to BlackBerry about it...

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.2.0.424 on the Rogers Network
    If the Play Store were to come to BlackBerry, this wouldn't change. Simply stash the icon in an unused folder and the Android apps stay off your phone.

It may initially reduce the number of apps coming to BlackBerry World, but native apps will always run better than an emulated Android app. Look at Instagram and IGrann as an example - both are sideloaded apps, but the native one runs much better. Even BlackGram, a paid app, is gaining a lot of traction for being a native alternative to an emulated Instagram sideload. With access to the Play Store, BlackBerry 10 users may finally increase to a level where it makes sense to develop natively. The Play Store has an alternative app to everything. The first one to make it to BlackBerry World with a native version could stand to make a lot of money.
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-09-13 06:22 PM
    So put play store on all devices? Google can then claim complete smartphone dominance... "All your base are belong to us!" LOL

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    11-09-13 06:25 PM
    EDIT: I wonder if after you have the account info for a gmail account set up and login in under the older runtime, if you could then update the runtime, may test this later.
    Yes, you can, the settings will stay, I've tried that several times, but the problem is that with Android runtime from 575 or 725 builds I got the network errors as soon as I switched off my WiFi. Besides there's no real point of installing another Runtime, the one I shared in that thread is unlocked with the possibility to hide the bottom bar. But yes, you can do that in case you find a bettter one.
    11-09-13 06:25 PM
    When all people who have a "smart " phone, that will be the day ALL the info or apps will be available to the masses, regardless of hardware choice.

Only then, will they be considered "smart"....right now, not so smart, and not all as equally convenient ..look at the limitations everyone has.....such fragmentation with apps,features,etc.

We need this "equality" on every smart phone.....

Remember this:

The computer is only as smart as it's programmer. And all smart phones are far from being regarded as equally smart. It just doesn't make sense to not provide all apps for the masses......

We have to see past this "competition ". We have to start listening to people, and providing.......to the masses for the masses.

Posted via my Z10, cause Virgin Mobile and Flextronics are screwing me over.
    11-09-13 06:37 PM
    Blackberry's new slogan should include, but not be limited to:

BlackBerry. To the Masses - For the Masses.

Posted via my Z10, cause Virgin Mobile and Flextronics are screwing me over.
    11-09-13 06:42 PM
    When all people who have a "smart " phone, that will be the day ALL the info or apps will be available to the masses, regardless of hardware choice.
    Please explain what situation you are talking about, I think you might have missed a part of your sentence.

It just doesn't make sense to choose "money" over the potential of it all.
    It's a lovely idea that you have there, Karl Marx had a similar one actually - why choose money if everyone can have what they need and everyone could be happy ever after. It's called utopia, the world does not work that way. Imagine you build houses for living, you work hard every day and after a month when you're supposed to get your salary your boss comes to you and says "It just doesn't make sense to choose money over the potential of all the happy families having a roof over their heads". It's all nice, but you still have to provide for yourself and your family.
    Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-breaking-bad-heisenberg-640x360.jpg
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-09-13 06:45 PM
    Not to try and fuel the fire.. but

Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20133427.png

Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20133428.png

Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20133429.png

Took me about 5 minutes

Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-ps.png

Not to say the OP is wrong, or this isn't going to happen, just that mocking something up is simple enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:04 PM
    I appreciate all of the attention this is getting and certainly see it as possible. I also very much would love to see it happen, as this is the last argument that people have against bb10.

I just don't understand all the hatred that goes into these discussions. People calling each other names and getting angry. We'll find out if it's true, soon enough!

The CB forums are worse than religion sometimes.
    11-09-13 07:19 PM
    Not to try and fuel the fire.. but

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20133427.png 
Views:	3113 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	218994

Name:	IMG_20133428.png 
Views:	3113 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	218995

Name:	IMG_20133429.png 
Views:	3109 
Size:	459.4 KB 
ID:	218996

Took me about 5 minutes

Name:	ps.png 
Views:	3108 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	218997

Not to say the OP is wrong, or this isn't going to happen, just that mocking something up is simple enough.

Posted via CB10
    I'm 100% off topic but I love the wallpaper! Lol

Carry on

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:30 PM
    I like this. Google gets a patent to sue Apple with..... tag team
    Blackberry's patents are not worth much. Blackberry's entire market capitalization as of right now is 3.38 billion USD. That means the market deems all of Blackberry's parts, patents included, worth 3.38 billion.

That's chump change for Google, Microsoft, or Apple. If the patents actually had serious strategic value like being able to injunct iOS or Android or Windows Phone, I am skeptical a tech giant would not pay 3.38 billion in the blink of an eye.

Furthermore, I am skeptical BBRY itself would not have attempted to capitalize on its intellectual property if it had such value.

And you actually believe Google gives a rat's behind about Android? Wow...
    Google doesn't make a dime on android they DO make, and a lot, of bucks on the ads they serve which they could now serve to a another ecosystem, and add another stream of revenue to their already big ones.

So no, it's not "good will" there's no such a thing coming from a corporation, not just Google.
    The assertion that Google doesn't care about the success or failure of Android is asinine. So crazy that it does not merit a proper rebuttal...

I would just like to say that it is untrue Google makes no direct money off of Android. Aside from the ads, Google sells an app suite that goes on every major device.
    11-09-13 08:03 PM
    BB dont need the play store just the ''license'' or th access to google framework blahblah thats tied to them.Why has no one thought of a simplest way?? Why has people not thought that BB will just be able to have droid apps in BBworld like amazon and the others have done?? Nice and simple.

Personally I think its a bad idea allround.If they bring apps via the amazon way.I dont think many will get so mad.But if the stores there thats a problem.Overall its trash imo but im the type that will go all out and burn.

Swiping back>any mobile app UI.Seriously its amazing that one thing in a app.
    11-09-13 09:29 PM
    LOL OK.

Sorry folks. I tried. I won't be back
    Hey, Jerry, your efforts are appreciated. Listening with an open mind is important. Only then we can approach reality.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-09-13 09:46 PM
    This thread had more than 25 000 views over the past days. Some posters say it's impossible, simply not workable and won't/can't happen. Some posters are adamant it is a done deal and just a matter of time. What's absent in here is the participation of CrackBerry staff. Do you guys know something and can't talk, or is this simply too far fetched that a response is not even warranted. I know that you don't respond to each and every post but for something of this magnitude, it's perhaps warranted.
    Watch the Crackberry podcast #107. They all discuss this at length. This includes Bla1ze, Kevin, Chris, and Adam.

They do not confirm or deny anything. They simply explore some "what if" scenarios. They all seem to come to the conclusion that it would be -- overall -- a GOOD thing if it happened.

Again. They do not seem to know anything regarding the possible truth or falsity of the rumour.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:27 PM
    Watch the Crackberry podcast #107. They all discuss this at length.

Posted via CB10
    Or listen to.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:29 PM
    Or listen to.

Posted via CB10
    Or watch the video

Crackberry Live 107

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:36 PM
    The fact Android is switching from Dalvik to ART makes this just that little bit more possible

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-09-13 11:08 PM
    If the Play Store were to come to BlackBerry, this wouldn't change. Simply stash the icon in an unused folder and the Android apps stay off your phone.

It may initially reduce the number of apps coming to BlackBerry World, but native apps will always run better than an emulated Android app. Look at Instagram and IGrann as an example - both are sideloaded apps, but the native one runs much better. Even BlackGram, a paid app, is gaining a lot of traction for being a native alternative to an emulated Instagram sideload. With access to the Play Store, BlackBerry 10 users may finally increase to a level where it makes sense to develop natively. The Play Store has an alternative app to everything. The first one to make it to BlackBerry World with a native version could stand to make a lot of money.
    All android apps run in a virtual machine -- Even on Android phones. So in this sense, all Android apps are "emulated".

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-09-13 11:14 PM
    How will this affect BlackBerry World sales? I'm not just talking about apps and games. But the music and videos as well. If people downloaded their music and videos from Google Play instead of BlackBerry World, wouldn't that not play nice with BlackBerry 's partners 7Digital and Rovi?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:14 PM
    11-09-13 11:21 PM
    This would be awesome! Though I can't see it being in 2.1 maybe 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:44 PM
    how to upgrade my q10 os
    11-09-13 11:50 PM
    Any idea if we can use the native share menu for sharing anything from ports to native and from native to ports?

I'm really interested in this. It will surely have a big impact on sideloading concept.

Posted via my last BlackBerry Device- Loyalty expects loyalty.
    11-10-13 01:55 AM
    Michael clewley tweeted they don't comment on rumours which actually gives more more hope as maybe he would have denied it if it wasn't being worked on :-)
    11-10-13 02:56 AM
717 ... 1819202122 ...