Are you actually fighting over the synonym of Android Market? Google Play is nothing but a synonym of Android Market.
    Ealaionta likes this.
    11-08-13 11:06 PM
    Google is in charge of the Open Handset Alliance. To have access to Google Play, the manufacturer must be apart of the Open Handset Alliance and run a Google approved copy of Android on their device, not another operating system with a android runtime. Google has the power to allow exceptions to the requirements to approve Google Play deployment on another manufacturer's devices.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The 10.2.1.x builds available on CrackBerry are ancient and early level which do not contain the forthcoming changes to the Runtime and GooglePlay. No builds containing the changes are available nor are they able to be leaked at this current time.

Guess what buckaroo. The BerryLeaks Team have independently confirmed that I am correct. Check the other thread.

Your argument is invalid. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.
    I have no idea what I'm talking about? What about other people who have confirmed that BlackBerry are not members of the OHA?

Do you only read what you want?

I'll make it simple for you: GOOGLE WILL NEVER ALLOW BLACKBERRY DIRECT, UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THEIR APP STORE. FOR THE REASONS WHY, READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    11-08-13 11:06 PM
    Are you actually fighting over the synonym of Android Market? Google Play is nothing but a synonym of Android Market.
    The Google Play store replaced the Android Market and is it's successor which does not make it a synonym.

11-08-13 11:10 PM
    I have no idea what I'm talking about? What about other people who have confirmed that BlackBerry are not members of the OHA?

Do you only read what you want?

I'll make it simple for you: GOOGLE WILL NEVER ALLOW BLACKBERRY DIRECT, UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THEIR APP STORE. FOR THE REASONS WHY, READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

BlackBerry not being members of the OHA is irrelevant. They do not need to be for this to happen. You have no idea what you are talking about and even a member of CrackBerry staff have confirmed this is happening. Go away.
    11-08-13 11:17 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Rated 'Buy' By Jefferies

Do you guys believe me yet? Lol. This has been in the works for months! Just found this article 5 minutes ago

Posted via CB10 from P'9982STK100-1/10.2.1.1037
    This has quietly disappeared...
    11-08-13 11:19 PM
    The Google Play store replaced the Android Market and is it's successor which does not make it a synonym.

They are synonymous....[same sh1t]
    moody likes this.
    11-08-13 11:47 PM
    BlackBerry are NOT members of the Open Handset Alliance; so how could they and Google came to an agreement to bypass it?

Also, there are plenty of people running leaked builds of 10.2.1.x and they're not 'whitlisted' nor are their BB10 devices bricked.
    Your 'argument' is moot.

Alliance Members | Open Handset Alliance

Agreed. And members of the Open Handset Alliance are only permitted by Google to run versions of Android that have been blessed by Google with all of Google's services on it. If you are a member, you run Google's version of Android and no others. Google's version includes Play, Music/TV, Videos/Books/Magazines, Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, Maps, Search, YouTube, etc. If you are not a member, you don't run that version at all. Lots of apps require Google services API's which are not enabled on Google runtime on the BlackBerry 10 OS which causes those apps to crash.
    Acer ran afoul of Google when trying to run an unapproved version of Android:

Google blocked Acer’s rival phone to prevent Android “fragmentation” | Ars Technica
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-08-13 11:48 PM
    They are synonymous....[same sh1t]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Successor

Synonym - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    11-08-13 11:54 PM
    So is there already a behind-the-scene deal struck between Google and BlackBerry then? It's so obvious that this has to happen before there can even be talk about Play Store access for BB10. Anything to do with current BB patents Google may require?
    11-08-13 11:56 PM
    BlackBerry not being members of the OHA is irrelevant. They do not need to be for this to happen. You have no idea what you are talking about and even a member of CrackBerry staff have confirmed this is happening. Go away.
    As previously stated by several other people in this thread, BlackBerry would need to be a member of the OHA in order to use Google's Services Framework.

I even did you the courtesy of posting the link to the OHA Members List.

I was going to say something rude but I'll refrain.
    Surely you have a bridge that you call home...

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 12:05 AM
    The fact that some BlackBerry employees and some non employees are able tu run a version of the Play Store doesn't necessarily means is coming for everyone, or have we forgotten that Netflix and Instagram that was supposed to be coming and that we even seen some videos of those.

People can experiment with stuff at the development level jus for a plan B or to prove something is possible.

As a matter of fact your pin doesn't have to white listed in order to be able to run this, what you need is the right version of the runtime combined with a compatible version of the OS, just as there have been some versions of the unlocked runtime in some leaked versions of the OS
    11-09-13 12:08 AM
    As previously stated by several other people in this thread, BlackBerry would need to be a member of the OHA in order to use Google's Services Framework.

I even did you the courtesy of posting the link to the OHA Members List.

I was going to say something rude but I'll refrain.
    Surely you have a bridge that you call home...

You are retardely ignorant. 10.2.1.1055 has everything I have described in it. The fact they aren't on a member list means nothing. You have already been contradicted by myself, a reputable member of CrackBerry Staff and the Berryleaks team.

You are like one of those people who continue to yell nonense with no supporting evidence to backup your deluded claims after being proved wrong multiple times.

Can't wait for when this is released to rub it in your face you ignorant sod

Posted via CB10 from P'9982STK100-1/10.2.1037
    11-09-13 12:11 AM
    Agreed. And members of the Open Handset Alliance are only permitted by Google to run versions of Android that have been blessed by Google with all of Google's services on it. If you are a member, you run Google's version of Android and no others. Google's version includes Play, Music/TV, Videos/Books/Magazines, Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, Maps, Search, YouTube, etc. If you are not a member, you don't run that version at all. Lots of apps require Google services API's which are not enabled on Google runtime on the BlackBerry 10 OS which causes those apps to crash.
    Acer ran afoul of Google when trying to run an unapproved version of Android:

Google blocked Acer�s rival phone to prevent Android �fragmentation� | Ars Technica
    Exactly.
    Android Authority also reported this:
    "Google changes its terms and conditions to stop Android fragmentation" - http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...tation-132013/

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 12:15 AM
    Very interesting thread.

Since it sounds as if there are folks who know that this is going to happen, I wonder what the precedent, once set will mean down the road. Jolla, Tizen then come calling for Play Store access will have this precedent to cite, should also expect the same treatment?

Also interesting to read this along with a story on Android Police regarding ART which is included as an option in Kit Kat Android 4.4 Google's attempt to move away from Dalvik. Would this have an affect on how BlackBerry runs Android applications down the road?
    That could get interesting, in a legal way. Can you see Google sitting quietly while competitors expect to access its Play Store?? And if/when Google moves away from Dalvik, the current runtime wouldn't work and all ports would be useless. Food for thought.

Google preps Dalvik runtime alternative | Programming | Eyes On Android
    11-09-13 12:16 AM
    Exactly.
    Android Authority also reported this:
    "Google changes its terms and conditions to stop Android fragmentation" - http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...tation-132013/

Pretty much your whole argument comes down to "I don't believe they would so it can't be happening cause I don't believe this". How do you know BlackBerry hasn't paid Google for it or reached an agreement (which they have) instead of BlackBerry just taking access?

11-09-13 12:26 AM
    You are ******** and ignorant. 10.2.1.1055 has everything I have described in it. The fact they aren't on a member list means nothing. You have already been contradicted by myself, a reputable member of CrackBerry Staff and the Berryleaks team.

You are like one of those people who continue to yell nonense with no supporting evidence to backup your deluded claims after being proved wrong multiple times.

Can't wait for when this is released to rub it in your face you ignorant sod

Posted via CB10 from P'9982STK100-1/10.2.1037
    The fact BlackBerry aren't on the OHA member list means everything as others have pointed out.

I have presented evidence to disprove your theory several times.

(fixed your spelling, btw)

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 12:34 AM
    Pretty much your whole argument comes down to "I don't believe they would so it can't be happening cause I don't believe this".

And just where did you dream this up??? Are you incapable of clicking on a url and reading what's on the web page???
    It matters not one jot whether I believe this is happening or not.

You'll be telling us you believe in fairies next.

Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 12:37 AM
    Pretty much your whole argument comes down to "I don't believe they would so it can't be happening cause I don't believe this". How do you know BlackBerry hasn't paid Google for it or reached an agreement (which they have) instead of BlackBerry just taking access?

Are you aware of the agreement?

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-09-13 12:39 AM
    I'm not dispute any of the arguments why this couldn't happen but I'm sure I have contacted Michael clewley about this asking why jolla sailfish would be able to run android apps but bb10 couldn't and he said this was something they were looking into, this fills me with a little hope.
    11-09-13 12:41 AM
    There's no other way to look at this other than a HUGE kick in the teeth for BlackBerry developers by the company. I have learned cascades and was in the process of making an app that lets you backup and restore your entire phone from the SD card, but now that I've read this I will hold off any further work until I find out what's going on.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to see that app!! Please continue.
    11-09-13 12:43 AM
    The fact BlackBerry aren't on the OHA member list means everything as others have pointed out.

I have presented evidence to disprove your theory several times.

(fixed your spelling, btw)

No, it means NOTHING. Google Play is coming to BB10 and so is more functionality whenever you like it or not and whenever you believe it or not.

End of story. Shutup. You have proved **** all.

11-09-13 12:45 AM
    I'm not dispute any of the arguments why this couldn't happen but I'm sure I have contacted Michael clewley about this asking why jolla sailfish would be able to run android apps but bb10 couldn't and he said this was something they were looking into, this fills me with a little hope.
    SailfishOS can run Android apps because it's a Linux based OS (same as Android) and therefore has binary compatibllity with Android.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binar..._compatibility

11-09-13 12:49 AM
    And just where did you dream this up??? Are you incapable of clicking on a url and reading what's on the web page???
    It matters not one jot whether I believe this is happening or not.

You'll be telling us you believe in fairies next.

Them not being apart of the OHA means nothing. There's nothing stopping Google from having an agreement with BlackBerry and they don't have to be apart of the OHA for Google to create a business relationship with BlackBerry allowing for this to happen.

Somehow you are incapable of understanding that business deals are not magically restrained by the other party not being listed on a membership of an alliance group.

11-09-13 12:51 AM
    That's a fantastic news!
    Unfortunately, I'm afraid it is nothing. He has no evidence to back up this long statement. That's all it is -- a statement with nothing to support it.
    11-09-13 12:52 AM
    God forbid a politician must be apart of the Republican or Democratic Party to be elected President of the United States of America.

This is an analogy of your stupid pathetic logic.

11-09-13 12:53 AM
717 ... 1213141516 ...