southlander and anon5993996 like this.
    11-07-13 09:40 PM
    BlackBerry should:

Merge BB10 and Google store

Flog the unsold Z10s for peanuts

And hopefully make my share price go up hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:40 PM
    I want to say that if this happens, BlackBerry will actually have the largest eco-system of any platform because you would have the same number of apps as Android, and you would still have the native apps that are currently in BlackBerry World.
    Should do iOS player next...
    garrett1972 likes this.
    11-07-13 09:41 PM
    Should do iOS player next...
    No they shouldn't. Won't be any need to.
    anon5993996, B3t0, R Field and 1 others like this.
    11-07-13 09:42 PM
    expect i0S has way more applications then BBW and Android.

If anything the "app problem" won't be as much as a conversation when reviewers talk about BB10. They'll be able to concentrate on the actual device/software.

This also let's BB brag about BB10 as the M2M solution, and how powerful QNX can be.
    11-07-13 09:44 PM
    I feel this:

Google and BlackBerry has recently entered an agreement to bypass the Open Alliance relationship so that BlackBerry can deploy Google Play onto BlackBerry 10 as well as enable the currently disabled Google Services Framework (GSF) embedded into the runtime. Meaning not only in the future will users be able to download apps directly from Google Play on device, every single native functionality will be available for use.
    contradicts this:

he confirms that users will be able to sideload apks directly without the apk to bar conversion process.
    Why would one need to sideload the apps if you could get it directly from Play Store?
    Either there's no agreement or no sideloading.
    Pete The Penguin and m1a1mg like this.
    11-07-13 09:45 PM
    I feel this:

contradicts this:

Why would one need to sideload the apps if you could get it directly from Play Store?
    Sideloading will (most likely) still work just fine because it's a function of both BlackBerry 10 and Android - there will just be no reason to do it unless you're getting an app that isn't available on Google Play or BlackBerry World for whatever reason (i.e. betas like iGrann).
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-07-13 09:47 PM
    It's the number one thing I ask for in the beta testing surveys. People will be able to stop whining about Netflix etc. For the record I would be one of those but for the fact I side-loaded it. It is important to my user experience. I have also noted that there are some iOS apps that are not in Google Play so perhaps if BlackBerry joins Google Play, there's a little more incentive to build even more Android apps. Obviously native apps are best and perhaps BlackBerry takes a smaller cut to encourage native development etc but I think having Google Play can only help.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    11-07-13 09:48 PM
    If this goes through, it'll be like the Android that never was.

A sandboxed Android with BB10 UI and functionality, security and all the apps courtesy of Google Play.

This story might have an happy ending after all.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:49 PM
    well first post was 8:08 pm and already a thousand views.........tell me this is not a worthy pursuit
    11-07-13 09:51 PM
    Personally, I think this will change things in a big way! You will no longer hear the argument about lack of apps and I do think this will hurt Windows Phone the most...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:53 PM
    If this goes through, it'll be like the Android that never was.

A sandboxed Android with BB10 UI and functionality, security and all the apps courtesy of Google Play.

This story might have an happy ending after all.

Posted via CB10
    Time to buy some shares

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:53 PM
    Trouble is right now many of those ported Android apps in BBW have been carefully selected from the available builds to make sure things work and in some cases even tweaked to fix problems specifically for usage on BB10. That would never be the case downloading apps from Google Play it would just be you get what everyone else gets and if there are problems then tough.

Posted via CB10
    That is very good point.
    11-07-13 09:56 PM
    how is that different from the convert and sideload debacle that exists now
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-07-13 09:58 PM
    I think the official android runtime update on BlackBerry World could suggest this move is coming very very soon!

Of course BlackBerry know that their app store is pretty pants....

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-07-13 09:59 PM
    I feel this:
    contradicts this:

Because you're technically still sideloading it even if you install it from Play Store on device. Unless you're installing BB10 applications from BlackBerry World (includes ports), you are sideloading. There's no contradiction, buckaroo.
    11-07-13 09:59 PM
    So effectively bb10 will allow apk? Apps to work downloaded direct from Google play???? Surely

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:01 PM
    Seriously this sounds cool and as long as my Q10 gets full android support then I don't care. Means I'll be getting the next Q device

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:03 PM
    Because you're technically still sideloading it even if you install it from Play Store on device. Unless you're installing BB10 applications from BlackBerry World (includes ports), you are sideloading. There's no contradiction, buckaroo.
    Thanks for clarifying.

In my mind this is not sideloading, I call it downloading.
    That's what I do with apps coming from BBW.
    In fact, I don't even know what BAR is (partially true), I download apps from the app store.

We will see...
    11-07-13 10:06 PM
    I think the official android runtime update on BlackBerry World could suggest this move is coming very very soon!

Of course BlackBerry know that their app store is pretty pants....

Posted via CB10
    never say coming soon when referencing BB matters
    11-07-13 10:07 PM
    +1,671,901

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:07 PM
    Thanks for clarifying.

In my mind this is not sideloading, I call it downloading.
    That's what I do with apps coming from BBW.
    In fact, I don't even know what BAR is (partially true), I download apps from the app store.

We will see...
    Yeah but Android apps aren't native to BB10 so toy are still technically sideloading on top of available BB10 apps :P

Posted via CB10 from P'9982STK100-1/10.2.1.1037
    11-07-13 10:08 PM
    If the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain... I love what BB10 brings to the mobile OS world, and anything BlackBerry can do to bring the all important apps to BB10 is a win.
    shahadav likes this.
    11-07-13 10:14 PM
    This thread I like.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:20 PM
    If the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain... I love what BB10 brings to the mobile OS world, and anything BlackBerry can do to bring the all important apps to BB10 is a win.
    Well, the funny part is that not everybody needs android apps.
    I was excited when I read this news at first but then I thought what I would download from the play store.
    I'll likely get google maps as was praised by many android fans.
    The real thing I personally find missing on my Z10 is NFC payments from my bank and as far as I know there's no such app in play store.
    11-07-13 10:21 PM
717 ... 23456 ...