Told me this from what he did today at work

It's news to me, may be old to others

***update 11/11/13 If I can say something, the title of the thread was altered by someone. I just uploaded the conversation and my title wasn't good I guess (original was "Info from a friend" I believe). Well anyways, this is the conversation I had, he never said it comes WITH GOOGLE PLAY. He just said you can "dl Google playstore", never said from where or how or that it's officially Google Certified. This was a conversation just between me, him and friends. It was never intended to blow up into a large debate, fake pictures, attempts to confirm of negotiations between 2 companies and making people go crazy. Only the company knows how they got Google Playstore, no one can obviously say too much. I asked what I could, he answered what he could. But in the end we'll have to wait and see, maybe we blew this up to the point where they make it official, or to where Google as to step in and block the ability altogether, or we may have limitations or we just have to sideload it. I'm not sure what to think of everyone else's source. This is what he did at work and what I was told

**Had to reload picture of conversation
    Attached Thumbnails Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20131043.png   Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20131044.png   Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20131045.png   Friend tells me Google Play coming with 10.2.1-img_20131046.png  
    Last edited by ekayallday; 11-11-13 at 10:18 PM.
    Shoryuken, garrett1972 and R Field like this.
    11-07-13 06:08 PM
    The Runtime being available for DL from BB World has nothing to do with Google Play.
    Every BB10 device has the Runtime built in. This is a (minor) update to it for devices running 10.2.

What does your friend do? Why does he think this is happening?

I think he's mistaken, but would love to hear more and be proven wrong.
    11-07-13 06:22 PM
    Google play store would be great. If bbry had to give all profits from those apps to google, it would still be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:27 PM
    ekayallday, please block out the profanity in your first image so I don't have to remove it.

I'll give you an hour to do so.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:31 PM
    IF this happens to come to fruition, it would be good wait and see but I'm not holding my breath lol

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:35 PM
    On android, in order to get Google play, you must allow Google services. Reason why Amazon tablets don't run the play store. So how exactly would BlackBerry work that one out?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:36 PM
    Well this could be good or bad...
    11-07-13 06:36 PM
    Google play store would be great. If bbry had to give all profits from those apps to google, it would still be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    If you're buying anything from the Google Play Store, you're paying Google, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:05 PM
    Source?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:07 PM
    I tried to install Google play store today...didn't work, but it would be cool if it worked!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:08 PM
    The runtime that is available to dl is one that fixes an ocassional bug with the 10.2 update where ported aps would crash etc. It has nothing to do with the play store

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:17 PM
    I tried to install Google play store today...didn't work, but it would be cool if it worked!

Posted via CB10
    That's because the app is Blacklisted by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:17 PM
    The Runtime being available for DL from BB World has nothing to do with Google Play.
    Every BB10 device has the Runtime built in. This is a (minor) update to it for devices running 10.2.

What does your friend do? Why does he think this is happening?

I think he's mistaken, but would love to hear more and be proven wrong.
    Actually you're incorrect and I can confirm the legitimacy of the OP and I'm not associated with the OP. I don't even know who the OP is or his friend.The runtime has been released in BB World so that BlackBerry can now update the runtime outside of carrier's control to enable access to Google Play and whatnot when this hits. It's not a minor update, there is more to come.

Google and BlackBerry has recently entered an agreement to bypass the Open Alliance relationship so that BlackBerry can deploy Google Play onto BlackBerry 10 as well as enable the currently disabled Google Services Framework (GSF) embedded into the runtime. Meaning not only in the future will users be able to download apps directly from Google Play on device, every single native functionality will be available for use. In plain English, every single Android application will work without the need to sideload, without the need for a debug token or any form of method to enable functionality to work. But you'll need to be on a 10.2.1 build or higher.

All native functionality of Android is fully in the runtime right now. It's just disabled or blacklisted by BlackBerry. It's not difficult to reenable and now they have full permission to.

This is the reason the leaked 10.2.1 builds have ceased. Current builds and radios are currently PIN-Locked meaning if you try to load them onto your device without your PIN being whitelisted, your device will brick. In the higher 10.2.1 builds the new functionality has been added in so users now have access to Google Play and a new runtime that unleashes the potential of Android apps. As far as I am aware, widgets and other applications will continue to not be able to work but applications such as Google Maps will have full access to GSF and other frameworks required for the application to function at 100%. They have curbed the leaks with the intention to hide the fact this is forthcoming. The explanation for hiding it is the sale of the company, fixing the app ecosystem would obviously cause the stocks to raise when BB10 users could download thousands upon thousands of more applications where they work exactly like they do on a native android device and the stock holders would obviously reject a lowball deal if the stock is at 12? 15? 17? dollars after such an announcement. Select BlackBerry employees are now internally testing it.

He's not mistaken. I have personally seen it running and I have a number of BlackBerry employees on my BBM who have told me about it. Michael Cowley on Twitter confirmed 10.2.1 is coming sooner than what the normal timeframe is and that's because of them enabling Google Play and full runtime functionality. Furthermore when I talked to Brian Zubert about ways to fix the Google Maps API usage in Android apps so I could successfully port my banking application, he told me to wait because "something big is coming that is right up your alley and to watch the BlackBerry blog" which translates to "you wont need to remove Google Maps because soon your application will work without problem"

NOTE: Brian is not my source of the information nor has he leaked anything.

I mean, go ahead and say I'm BSing or lying but it's no coincidence that 10.2.1 leaks have magically stopped occurring and that random people other than myself are getting the same information leaked to them where our stories match one another. The 10.2.1 builds are up to four digits now and we only have early stage full builds.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-09-13 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edited profanity.
    Bilaal, Shoryuken, agaw and 62 others like this.
    11-07-13 07:19 PM
    Actually you're incorrect and I can confirm the legitimacy of the OP and I'm not associated with the OP. The runtime has been released in BB World so that BlackBerry can now update the runtime outside of carrier's control to enable access to Google Play and whatnot when this hits. It's not a minor update, there is more to come.

Google and BlackBerry has recently entered an agreement to bypass the Open Alliance relationship so that BlackBerry can deploy Google Play onto BlackBerry 10 as well as enable the currently disabled Google Services Framework (GSF) embedded into the runtime. Meaning not only in the future will users be able to download apps directly from Google Play on device, every single native functionality will be available for use. In plain English, every single Android application will work without the need to sideload, without the need for a debug token or any form of method to enable functionality to work. But you'll need to be on a 10.2.1 build or higher.

All native functionality of Android is fully in the runtime right now. It's just disabled or blacklisted by BlackBerry. It's not difficult to reenable and now they have full permission to.

This is the reason the leaked 10.2.1 builds have ceased. Current builds and radios are currently PIN-Locked meaning if you try to load them onto your device without your PIN being whitelisted, your device will brick. In the higher 10.2.1 builds the new functionality has been added in so users now have access to Google Play and a new runtime that unleashes the potential of Android apps. As far as I am aware, widgets and other applications will continue to not be able to work but applications such as Google Maps will have full access to GSF and other frameworks required for the application to function at 100%. They have curbed the leaks with the intention to hide the fact this is forthcoming. The explanation for hiding it is the sale of the company, fixing the app ecosystem would obviously cause the stocks to raise when BB10 users could download thousands upon thousands of more applications where they work exactly like they do on a native android device and the stock holders would obviously reject a lowball deal if the stock is at 12? 15? 17? dollars after such an announcement.

He's not mistaken. I have personally seen it running and I have a number of BlackBerry employees on my BBM who have told me about it. Michael Cowley on Twitter confirmed 10.2.1 is coming sooner than what the normal timeframe is and that's because of them enabling Google Play and full runtime functionality. Furthermore when I talked to Brian Zubert about ways to fix the Google Maps API usage in Android apps so I could successfully port my banking application, he told me to wait because "something big is coming that is right up your alley and to watch the BlackBerry blog" which translates to "you wont need to remove Google Maps because soon your application will work without problem"

I mean, go ahead and say I'm BSing or lying but it's no coincidence that 10.2.1 leaks have magically stopped occurring and that random people other than myself are getting the same information leaked to them where our stories match one another. The 10.2.1 builds are up to four digits now and we only have early stage full builds.
    i did not plan this, and i will repair the image now
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-09-13 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edited quoted language.
    11-07-13 07:23 PM
    One can only hope this happens....
    11-07-13 07:25 PM
    If they could do that it would be BIG
    Exactly. I don't even know who the hell you are or your friend is but I can verify the legitimacy of your friend. I have heard it from 3 different BlackBerry employees and seen it first hand in front of me.
    Gearheadaddy and moody like this.
    If this happens, BlackBerry better take advantage and market the crap out of the fact that they have every app available to them.

Posted via CB10
    RKF1977, moody and Bobert_123 like this.
    11-07-13 07:27 PM
    This would be a pretty huge win for BlackBerry... Very interesting hopefully more will be she'd on this soon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-07-13 07:29 PM
    Do note that once this happens, any application can be ported over (other than non-applications like widgets) without having to change Google Map library dependencies to BlackBerry friendly etc.
    11-07-13 07:31 PM
    I'm a little bit skeptical, but I could see Google agreeing to this. After all, it's just more money for Google from app purchases, while BlackBerry can (hopefully) move more handsets. However, they'd have to convince them that Android Player is up to snuff, and at least in 10.2.0, I don't think it is. Don't get me wrong, it's great and all, but look at Instagram as a prime example - commenting and video uploads are basically impossible. But hey, maybe they've made some crucial improvements in 10.2.1 - I haven't fiddled enough with the leaks we have to know.
    11-07-13 07:31 PM
    The ONE thing that bothers me with all of this......remember Kris and the Instagram debacle? Yeah, that.
    11-07-13 07:32 PM
    Yea but then bbw is useless...

Why bother having native apps at all then!?

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    johnnyuk, vrud, 3hb78ftg and 4 others like this.
    11-07-13 07:35 PM
    Exactly. I don't even know who the hell you are or your friend is but I can verify the legitimacy of your friend. I have heard it from 3 different BlackBerry employees and seen it first hand in front of me.
    Here's a question:

What would BlackBerry do about the apps on Google Play that don't work on the Dalvik VM even when unlocked?

How would they stop someone from downloading or worse buying something that just crashes because it uses something that isn't supported in the VM and then writing a bad review in Google Play and harassing the developers because they think it's the app's fault?

That's not going to impress Google Play's developers and pretty soon "BlackBerry 10 with Google Play" will be known as the platform where a Google Play app might run....or it might hurl up the contents of its binary stomach all over your phone's screen, it's like a lucky dip.

Hey! That's what they could call the BlackBerry version of Google Play.....Google Lucky Dip!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:36 PM
    berry berry interesting!

CB10 need update!
    ATMJOE, m1kr0 and moody like this.
    11-07-13 07:37 PM
717 123 ...