http://networkfilter.blogspot.in/201...enbsd.html?m=1

Setting up VPN using OpenBSD.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 03:25 AM
    Rebelllious is a bosss!!!! Just saying hi

Sidenote letsencrypt.org has issued over a million certs

Would be cool to get this working with this
    06-22-16 06:55 AM
    Really nice info here. Glad to get it. Thanks!
    06-22-16 11:05 AM
    Keep up the creative work Guyzer and Rebelllious.

Posted with Q10 via CB10
    07-01-16 03:02 AM
    Rebelllious is a bosss!!!! Just saying hi

Sidenote letsencrypt.org has issued over a million certs

Hi!
    I'm not sure, what do You talking about: if You mean use certificates for VPN, then yes, You can use them. But for what reason You need third part certificates for home use? Self-signed PKI is absolutely enough
    Last edited by Evil Dead; 07-20-16 at 04:21 PM. Reason: quote adding
    07-20-16 04:17 PM
    Hi!
    I'm not sure, what do You talking about: if You mean use certificates for VPN, then yes, You can use them. But for what reason You need third part certificates for home use? Self-signed PKI is absolutely enough
    The purpose of letsencrypt.org is information security on the web. They issue SSLs for Domains. This is not a VPN related activity.

Read more on their role here.

https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

Posted with Q10 via CB10
    07-20-16 10:49 PM
    Ah, I made mistake because of this:
    But again, for what reason You need third party certs, moreover, third party software for home use?
    That VPN topic is good startup for teach PKI after PSK is installed, so You'll can make Your own SSL certificate based on the same CA then. So You don't need any bots with all my respect with all software guys, and You can attach through VPN to Your home net any device: Android, Windows, Apple or whatever we'll have in the future as a side effect of PKI VPN.
    Just my 2 cents
    07-21-16 02:25 AM
    All,

I spent a long time to succeed VPN on my BB10.
    Just in case,.. this link might be helpful :-)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...berry-1076947/

Regards

Christian
    07-25-16 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the great tutorial. I tried several attempts with home server to setup the strongswan for my Q5 without success. Tried ubuntu server on Amazon AWS but that didn't worked too...
    However, Your procedure worked like charm.... within 10-15 min I could connect my Q5 with the VPN on my aws server.

My main intention is to host the server on one of my raspberry pi's at home. I tried it as it on raspbian but it through errors around iptables commands. Can you port the script to work on Debian based system on raspberry pi which will run behind a firewall? Or just guide me to port the script to debian.
    11-11-16 11:04 AM
    I have a Debian-based script, and it looks almost 100% tested. I did not publish it, as there was no demand. If you still need it, I can post it on GitHub.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 12:10 PM
    I followed all the step and was available to connect but when I try to surf the Web the browser can't resolve hostnamme I guess it is a DNS problem I'm not quite sure I'll appreciate some guidance
    01-06-17 02:53 PM
    Hello to everybody.
    I was looking for firewall for blackberry for weeks. And for now didn't find any solution. My question is - using this vpn could I configure firewall? I need to allow only certain Ip addresses and block everything else.
    Pls reply. Is it worth to make all this installation?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 08:50 AM
    Hello to everybody.
    I was looking for firewall for blackberry for weeks. And for now didn't find any solution. My question is - using this vpn could I configure firewall? I need to allow only certain Ip addresses and block everything else.

Posted via CB10
    You can do whatever you want to with the configuration files of Strongswan and Linux iptables.
    08-19-17 09:06 AM
    OK. Thanks. I will try
    Thanks for reply)

Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 09:27 AM
    Hello to everybody.

Posted via CB10
    You can indeed configure a firewall at the VPN server, however this will be blocking the traffic at the VPN server. If I am correct in that you are trying to use this to reduce wireless data usage you must bear in mind that the packets must travel from the handset to the VPN server before they can be stopped. This will count as data usage. Depending on how you stop the packets, and how the applications are written, this could reduce data usage to almost nothing, have little or no effect, or actually increase data usage as applications continue to try to connect to their servers. be careful before you try this while actually travelling where data use is expensive.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    08-20-17 07:30 AM
    Very interesting. So I think there is no reason for me in such manipulation/installation. I am looking for some remedy for excessive data usage while in roaming.
    I thought this is sort of OperaMax in android where app can be blocked from using data via vpn. If I can't use it for purpose of saving data it worth nothing for me unfortunately(

Posted via CB10
    08-20-17 08:21 AM
    The issue here is privacy of data. Compression of data is a different issue. We lost that when blackberry switched out to android world. I was looking for a free way to implement an encrypted connection to my bb10 device. I ended up going with self hosted email & a vpn provider that supports ikev2. I would have liked a dyi solution especially one cheaper than my current setup. As a One person business I can't justify nor need the cost of BB enterprise. No breaks for the little guy it seems.
    08-20-17 10:29 PM
    Very interesting. So I think there is no reason for me in such manipulation/installation. I am looking for some remedy for excessive data usage while in roaming.
    I thought this is sort of OperaMax in android where app can be blocked from using data via vpn. If I can't use it for purpose of saving data it worth nothing for me unfortunately(

Posted via CB10
    You need to use an ad blocking DNS server. It will cut down on image downloads for ads, saving you data. I don't think you can use your own DNS when on cellular, so you'd have to use VPN to use an ad block server. Or for least hassle with good benefit, try Browsie browser that has ad blocking.
    08-23-17 01:55 AM
    You need to use an ad blocking DNS server. It will cut down on image downloads for ads, saving you data. I don't think you can use your own DNS when on cellular, so you'd have to use VPN to use an ad block server. Or for least hassle with good benefit, try Browsie browser that has ad blocking.
    This right here is why you shouldn't shotgun one problem across more than one thread. People don't get the whole story and leap to the wong conclusions trying to help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1116990

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    08-23-17 03:56 AM
    Ad blocker is not what I looking for(
    I want to use only messenger (ie telegram) and block any other app from using data. Anyhow thanks for reply)

Posted via CB10
    08-25-17 11:26 AM
    Ad blocker is not what I looking for(
    I want to use only messenger (ie telegram) and block any other app from using data. Anyhow thanks for reply)

Posted via CB10
    So, You need a local firewall on Your device, not remote. When VPN is up and running, it sends and receives keep alive packets; it means VPN is useless for cutting data usage. And local firewall is impossible on BB OS10 devices, I'm afraid.
    12-14-17 03:16 PM
246 ... 8910