I would like to know what uses up memory on my Z10 and how can I free it up. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 289380
    08-06-14 08:31 PM
    Do a hard reset,
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-06-14 08:35 PM
    If someone could install a "clean master" type app for BlackBerry 10 which does a "clear all cache data" function that would be sweet.

Differentiate or Die
    08-06-14 08:37 PM
    If someone could install a "clean master" type app for BlackBerry 10 which does a "clear all cache data" function that would be sweet.

Differentiate or Die
    Try "Cache Cleaner" in BlackBerry World
    Edit: Or try "Android Cleaner" by "saquer0716" in Amazon Appstore.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 10-14-14 at 10:03 AM.
    08-07-14 04:13 AM
    Goto Settings - > App manager -> Device monitor
    Swith to tab Memory, and then get into running apps and clear them up!

Although be careful with that
    08-07-14 04:21 AM

Sorry but cache cleaner was garbage. Didn't do anything. Actually it reduced the amount of storage.

I installed clean master snap and that cleaned up. Android data, if only there was something for bb10 native apps

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-25-14 06:59 AM

Only yesterday I bought this and put it on both on my Z10 100-STL2 and PlayBook.

This is what I got "in the 1st pic below"

Free memory-c-cleaner.png

I ended up writing to the owner "Dan IT led" on how do I get the features and functions that were given in BlackBerry World Apps after purchasing the item.

This is what I was supposed to get.

Free memory-c-cleaner-4.png

Free memory-c-cleaner-3.png

Free memory-c-cleaner-2.png

Free memory-c-cleaner-1.png

Anyway, while I tried and in tiring trying for the app to produce it's features, before I fell off, I found a Cache Cleaner in Amazon AppStore.

Not sure if I can get it on my PlayBook but it seems to do its work on my Z10 100-STL2

Pic below. This is such a sad affair

Free memory-img_20141012_225318.png

Free memory-img_20141012_225341.png

Free memory-img_20141012_231350.png

Free memory-img_20141012_231409.png

Free memory-img_20141012_231423.png

I remember asking before about getting a cleaner for this device and being told that this type of device doesn't need any form of cleaner.
    Well, here we go.

jtvberry
    10-12-14 05:18 PM
    Sorry but cache cleaner was garbage. Didn't do anything. Actually it reduced the amount of storage.

I installed clean master snap and that cleaned up. Android data, if only there was something for bb10 native apps

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you there, but am going to give it about, two or three months before I get a reply, but if I get that reply and the app working before then.

I'll eat my words and let you all know how to get it working.
    Don't wait up.

jtvberry
    10-12-14 05:22 PM
    The amount of misinformation in this thread's pretty high.
    For RAM, just let the system normally handle it. For flash memory or storage, go into settings, device storage. You'll find out how much storage space is left. Delete apps when needed.

The Android cache cleaners don't do anything. They can't touch the BB10 portion. They'll give you a placebo effect at most. Even a BB10 native cache cleaner shouldn't effectively clean a cache due to heavy sandboxing. Let the BB10 system take care of itself.

If you want more information or accurate information, do some research on actual Windows or MAC cache cleaners. You find out how they work and find out that certain aspects are not applied to some mobile OSes.
    jtv1 and FrankIAm like this.
    10-12-14 07:16 PM
    OP - Those screenshots are of a BBOS phone

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:57 PM
    OP - Those screenshots are of a BBOS phone

Posted via CB10
    Those pics displayed what is supposed to be on an OS10.
    If the app works on BBOS, then this app is in the wrong library and I hope I get a reply from the owner of the app soon.

That's if you are talking about the first few pictures.

jtvberry
    10-12-14 09:46 PM
    Those pics displayed what is supposed to be on an OS10.
    If the app works on BBOS, then this app is in the wrong library and I hope I get a reply from the owner of the app soon.

That's if you are talking about the first few pictures.

jtvberry
    I can't comment on the app as I've never used it, but those 5 screen caps are definitely from BBOS

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-12-14 10:40 PM
    I can't comment on the app as I've never used it, but those 5 screen caps are definitely from BBOS

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I agree. The screenshots for Cache Cleaner are definitely for legacy BB devices. However the ones for Amazon appstore and CCleaner are Android apps for BB10.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1418
    10-12-14 11:18 PM
    I agree on letting the device manage the RAM, because it usually knows better than you. But if you still want to go ahead and free it up, then sideload this:

https://app.box.com/s/4pu9g0010hkjl56an5y2

It's an app that overloads the RAM. Just open it, hit the "kill it" button, and wait until everything crashes.

It works and it's native.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 10-14-14 at 07:16 AM.
    10-12-14 11:24 PM
    Lol. I agree. The screenshots for Cache Cleaner are definitely for legacy BB devices. However the ones for Amazon appstore and CCleaner are Android apps for BB10.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1418
    Oh, yes, I know the android one, as it was my alternative. Which is a pity, but that's how the cookie is crumbling.

jtvberry
    10-13-14 03:28 AM
    The amount of misinformation in this thread's pretty high.
    For RAM, just let the system normally handle it. For flash memory or storage, go into settings, device storage. You'll find out how much storage space is left. Delete apps when needed.

The Android cache cleaners don't do anything. They can't touch the BB10 portion. They'll give you a placebo effect at most. Even a BB10 native cache cleaner shouldn't effectively clean a cache due to heavy sandboxing. Let the BB10 system take care of itself.

If you want more information or accurate information, do some research on actual Windows or MAC cache cleaners. You find out how they work and find out that certain aspects are not applied to some mobile OSes.
    Letting the system handle it mean this for my device :

Free memory-crackberry-image.jpg

With 0 app open. I have to restart the device two times a week. So no, the system can't handle it properly.

Posted via my Q10
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-13-14 04:02 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	305650

With 0 app open. I have to restart the device two times a week. So no, the system can't handle it properly.

Posted via my Q10
    I will be asking back for my money asap, but am going to give the owner the time to reply.

jtvberry
    10-13-14 04:22 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	305650

Posted via my Q10
    That doesn't look normal and I doubt any app will fix it.
    Are you on an official OS release or have you installed a leak? Have you restored your phone from a backup at any point?
    I suspect you may need to wipe and start again.
    10-13-14 04:42 AM
    Agree with Baarn.

That said, did you have issue with it ? Like app closing on their own ? Because, you really don't need to bother with your RAM. Space can be reserved by app for performance, but released if needed.
    10-13-14 06:23 AM
    That doesn't look normal and I doubt any app will fix it.
    Are you on an official OS release or have you installed a leak? Have you restored your phone from a backup at any point?
    I suspect you may need to wipe and start again.
    Official OS, I have no leak on my device, I have already done 2 security wipe it change nothing. If I let my device one week ore more without restarting, the "system" will use too much ram, the device will be slow, the back end very hot with just a sms or bbm use.

I have the device since 28 April and have two updates OS, it has always been like that.

Posted via my Q10
    10-14-14 06:44 AM
    Official OS, I have no leak on my device, I have already done 2 security wipe it change nothing. If I let my device one week ore more without restarting, the "system" will use too much ram, the device will be slow, the back end very hot with just a sms or bbm use.

I have the device since 28 April and have two updates OS, it has always been like that.

Posted via my Q10
    Use the app a few posts above, believe meeee.
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-14-14 07:17 AM

Type "myver" followed by a space in your next post so we can see what OS version you have.
    Have you restored from a backup at some point?
    Do you have any Android apps installed (ones not marked with "built for BlackBerry "? Which ones?
    What other apps?
    Does the problem exist straight after a security wipe before you install any apps?
    If your device is heating up just with texting, then something must be using excess CPU (or possibly you have a weak signal). Look in the device monitor CPU tab for likely candidates.
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-14-14 07:19 AM
    [QUOTE=baarn;10969242]Type "myver" followed by a space in your next post so we can see what OS version you have.

I always wondered how that was don
    Adding model version
    "Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 "

jtvberry
    10-14-14 08:18 AM
    Type "myver" followed by a space in your next post so we can see what OS version you have.
    Have you restored from a backup at some point?
    Do you have any Android apps installed (ones not marked with "built for BlackBerry "? Which ones?
    What other apps?
    Does the problem exist straight after a security wipe before you install any apps?
    If your device is heating up just with texting, then something must be using excess CPU (or possibly you have a weak signal). Look in the device monitor CPU tab for likely candidates.
    Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247

The two times I have to do a security wipe I have start with a fresh installation.
    Since two weeks I have Waze and another one android app, I have them via 1mobile Market, but I had these problem before so I don't think it is related.
    When the system is about 600, 700mb, the device became hot when I have a long discussion with BBM or SMS, when I say hot it is very hot, like if I'm browsing while charging the device. I can't barely touch the back of the phone.
    My signal is good because I live in Paris. Even if I'm at home with wi-fi it's the same.

I look at the device monitor everyday, I don't understand why on the memory tab, the "system" is growing up that fast.

I have to say when I have light use with the device, eg if I have to drive all day so no BBM or text messaging, it is fine. But when I start to use the device, in 6 or 7 days the "system" is very high. In 10 days I have to restart the device because if not, I will not have enough ram to use the device.

Posted via my Q10
    10-14-14 09:27 AM
    Look, it is not now because I have to restart the phone yesterday

Free memory-crackberry-image-1-.jpg

Free memory-crackberry-images.jpg

Posted via my Q10
    10-14-14 09:33 AM
30 12