Hi

I had 45.17 taken from my account classed as CP to PayPal * Blackberry the other day. The same wording as all the apps I've bought.

I've not bought anything of that value, have anything on BlackBerry World history and there's nothing on my PayPal statement matching it.

My bank won't deal as PayPal is authorised as far as they're concerned and PayPal have no evidence of payment coming from them.

Anyone else had a situation like this? I considered a rogue app but it would show on PayPal right?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:23 AM
    You should receive an email alert for each payment made through BB World. How did you come to realise you had been charged 45.17?
    03-16-13 10:27 AM
    Looking through my bank statement.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:28 AM
    I see. Yes, by right it should show up on PayPal in your account's transaction history. How weird is this? BBRY sure needs to ensure that the payment channel is tight or it loses people's confidence. Not a thing to take lightly.
    03-16-13 10:32 AM
    This is true. UK Blackberry have taken my details via Twitter so they're on it hopefully.

It's just so random that there is no evidence anywhere of what it's from or who to.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:47 AM
    Your bank didnt group similar transactions together and show them all as one did they? Sometimes my credit card will delay showing purchases and the dates will be wrong

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:18 AM
    I'd also check my PayPal account. It will have details on each purchase.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:19 AM
    Definitely not bundled together as that was my first thought.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:48 AM
    You do realize that if the payment doesn't show up on Paypal, it is literally impossible for the issue to be Blackberry related, right? It would either have to be your bank or a maybe you purchased from a seller that titled the purchase as "Paypal" to be misleading? How can you possibly reach the conclusion that it is a Blackberry issue when all they're doing is taking money from your Paypal account, which in this case, doesn't show that a transaction was ever made?
    03-16-13 12:24 PM
    I assume it's Paypal related via BlackBerry World as it's following all the other legitimate purchases and is labelled identically.

I'm not moaning about Blackberry here at all. Just asking if anyone had had a similar issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:29 PM
    Do you have PayPal automatically set up to charge if you want to purchase an app, or do you have to enter your PayPal password before a purchase can be made?

Has anyone else touched your phone in the last little while? Are there any apps, movies or music on your phone that you don't recognize? Have you checked out the My World section of BlackBerry World to see if there is anything that you don't recognize? I haven't paid for anything through BlackBerry World so I don't know this, but isn't there a purchase history section that you can check to see what your most recent purchases are?

The other question I have is does your phone have a password and have you given that password to anyone?

I hope you can get to the bottom of this.

JB

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:10 PM