You must convert wholeheartedly and completely to outlook.com email no ifs ands or buts, and that has to be your only one, that is step one. Not an easy process. I was doing it for the active sync features to get away from IMAP anyways. I paid ten bucks to have my old emails migrated and told everyone about the new address.

For some nice reason BlackBerry will recognize all the contact photos you upload for outlook.com and save it to their server and even sync it to your playbook, they will also restore it to your BB10 after a wipe. It has nothing to do with backing it up as it is uploaded to blackberry. The photos clearly are not stored on outlook.com as when I go there they are blank or show Facebook pictures.

After that de-sync your contacts from everything except outlook.com. No more problems, it's just like the old days except you still have the benefit of a cloud backup. You will have to actually delete and re-established your Facebook account, then quickly unlink it from contacts and unlink join contacts too and your good.

No more three mobile numbers of the same number, no more four emails of the same email. Total control of your contacts like the good old days!

Hope this helps!
    10-21-13 06:28 AM
    I'm glad to see you found a solution that works for you.
    That said, I have had all my personal contacts in Gmail (via CarDAV setup) since picking up my Z10 in February. My business contacts are via Eas from my company email account. I have no issues with dupes.
    10-21-13 07:38 AM