For those of you in North, Central and South America subject to carriers permission and not having an update yet, take into account this as a possible cause:

BlackBerry forgot an entire continent in their 10.3.1 press release: AMERICA

"Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will be rolling out to customers around the world, starting today in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10."

That of course doesn't sound like an error. It sounds like North, Central and South America are not subject to updates in the near term.

I hope I am wrong, but BlackBerry seems to be making sure to annoy their already eroded BlackBerry customers in America (From Canada to Argentina) and making sure to give them more and more reasons to look for another OS and ecosystem.
    02-20-15 07:25 AM
    Not be a ****, but America isn't an entire continent. If you are in a rush, download a leak.

I'm in canada and my carrier still hasn't released the upgrade although most carriers seem to have already.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-20-15 07:29 AM
    It's a well known fact that American carriers do not care about BlackBerry. I have NEVER waited for a VZW "official" OS. I get on these boards, educate myself, download a suitable OS and install. Screw the carriers. Why are you surprised?

Been running 10.3.1 for months and just upgraded yesterday to the "official"
    Wanna guess when VZW will have anything for me? March? April?
    Pfft.

It's maddening, I get you. Just don't let it make you suffer.
    Easy-G and IggieX like this.
    02-20-15 07:29 AM
    Not be a ****, but America isn't an entire continent.
    Posted via CB10
    for your information about America as a continent:
    Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    02-20-15 07:32 AM
    for your information about America as a continent:
    Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wow, no offense, but you need to be more educated.

The Americas is 3 continents. North America (Canada, United States and Mexico) and South America (Brazil, Chile) and Central America.

America if you are referring to as the United States is NOT a continent, but a country.

Posted via my ZED10
    peednus and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-20-15 07:37 AM
    Yeah, understand where you are coming from OP but unfortunately that's the way things are. Best thing you can do is just wait for the update to come (which is will eventually) or simply do what many have done and load a leak.

It does seem rather funny that the country that BlackBerry are from won't give them the time of day but other countries around the world praise them.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    02-20-15 07:38 AM
    Yeah, understand where you are coming from OP but unfortunately that's the way things are. Best thing you can do is just wait for the update to come (which is will eventually) or simply do what many have done and load a leak.

It does seem rather funny that the country that BlackBerry are from won't give them the time of day but other countries around the world praise them.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    Umm, BlackBerry is from Canada and all the carriers show BlackBerry love.

The US doesn't give a crap about BlackBerry though

Posted via my ZED10
    02-20-15 07:40 AM
    America if you are referring to as the United States is NOT a continent, but a country.
    I didn't refer to America as a country, I refer to it as a continental landmass from Canada to Argentina. It is clear stated in my post.

Wow, you need to read my post first before jumping into conclusions. No offense taken.

The Americas is 2 continents. North America (Canada, United States and Mexico) and South America (Brazil, Chile) and Central America.
    I am sorry to disagree with your educated knowledge. But for me America is one continent subdivided in 3 subcontinents and associated islands. Actually America is the second largest in the world.

But I understand that in the USA and Canada they teach that America are two continents the very same way you expressed. And I respect that. Doesn't make any difference to the objective of this post.
    Last edited by macberry33; 02-20-15 at 07:59 AM.
    02-20-15 07:43 AM
    I didn't refer to America as a country, I refer to it as a continental landmass from Canada to Argentina. It is clear stated in my post.

Wow, you need to read my post first before jumping into conclusions. No offense taken.
    We understand that but you need to understand what a continent is - that is the measure of a landmass, globally. It's a bit annoying and frightening when someone collectively groups the USA as a continent OR all continents as one super large land mass. It's a bad mistake and we get that but it bothers those of us whom have lived here our entire lives, that's all.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:53 AM
    OP, I'm on AT&T... Don't bother waiting, just load via sachesi

Posted via Commodore 64
    02-20-15 07:59 AM

The Americas is 3 continents. North America (Canada, United States and Mexico) and South America (Brazil, Chile) and Central America.

Posted via my ZED10
    There are two American continents; North America, comprising Canada. the USA, Central America and the Caribbean., and South America from Colombia down to Chile and Argentina.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:01 AM
    OP, BlackBerry did not forget anything. Take a deep breath and chill because the world will not come to an end. We will all get the OS update sooner or later and life will go on.
    02-20-15 08:11 AM
    There are two American continents; North America, comprising Canada. the USA, Central America and the Caribbean., and South America from Colombia down to Chile and Argentina.

Posted via CB10
    When we talk about continents, we talk in a geological sense, and geologically, North America and South America are 2 distinct continents.

BTW, that's why Antarctica is a continent, but the Arctic isn't.

From my BlackBerry Q10, 10.3.1 RC2
    02-20-15 08:13 AM
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

Saying America is one continent or two is both correct, apparently.
    Lots of snobby replies to OP here...

BTW I got my update but I bought unlocked (NA)
    macberry33 likes this.
    02-20-15 08:44 AM
    To be correct, it is the North American continent and the South American continent, which makes up the western hemisphere. So it wasn't a continent they left out. It was the whole western hemisphere you meant to say but you can't say that since some Caribbean carriers start releasing it earlier this week. People, be patient.
    02-20-15 01:05 PM