So I've been holding off forever to upgrade my work cell to a BB10 phone. But it seems my company isn't sure it's going to upgrade! We're a big BB user (couple thousand) with a few iPhones in here but I'm thinking all this press may be scaring our IT people and other customers in gereral, big and small.
    Seems the BES is no where near ready (not sure on the techie stuff - just know it's atleast 6 months away where I work). I want a full screen unit so I'm not looking at the OS7 BB's. Apps aren't an issue with me so it's with a heavy heart that I become an iSheep. Oh well, it's free....
    Have other companies had issues with BES or perhaps my company is way too risk averse (vey possible)?
    08-22-13 01:36 PM
    So I've been holding off forever to upgrade my work cell to a BB10 phone. But it seems my company isn't sure it's going to upgrade! We're a big BB user (couple thousand) with a few iPhones in here but I'm thinking all this press may be scaring our IT people and other customers in gereral, big and small.
    Seems the BES is no where near ready (not sure on the techie stuff - just know it's atleast 6 months away where I work). I want a full screen unit so I'm not looking at the OS7 BB's. Apps aren't an issue with me so it's with a heavy heart that I become an iSheep. Oh well, it's free....
    Have other companies had issues with BES or perhaps my company is way too risk averse (vey possible)?
    Honestly, why are you sad about this? What are you going to miss about BB that you won't be able to get on iPhone? For me, it would be the keyboard, but that doesn't seem to be your issue since you want a touch screen device.
    08-22-13 01:38 PM
    Don't do it you will be sad and miserable. You are better off getting a land line at work and checking your message by voice mail every morning and login in a computer for emails.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor and rjk123 like this.
    08-22-13 01:39 PM
    LOL. that may not cut it!
    Why am I 'sad'? I did want to give a canadian company business (especially when someone else was paying for it ). Also, I don't care for the Home button thingy - like my Playbook style of OS.
    Nothing I can't overcome.
    08-22-13 01:41 PM
    Honestly, why are you sad about this? What are you going to miss about BB that you won't be able to get on iPhone? For me, it would be the keyboard, but that doesn't seem to be your issue since you want a touch screen device.
    Just for everyones info..

This Guy Is A TROLL. Benjamin NYC is on CB but is anti Blackberry..ignore his posts. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and rjk123 like this.
    08-22-13 01:41 PM
    LOL. that may not cut it!
    Why am I 'sad'? I did want to give a canadian company business (especially when someone else was paying for it ). Also, I don't care for the Home button thingy - like my Playbook style of OS.
    Nothing I can't overcome.
    OK, makes sense. I'd miss the keyboard most, but I like the flow of BB10 better than iOS too, so I hear that.
    08-22-13 01:51 PM

This Guy Is A TROLL. Benjamin NYC is on CB but is anti Blackberry..ignore his posts. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    08-22-13 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    IMHO hi is not a troll by the definition of the word.

Even though Benjamin seems to be quite harsh in some posts, I think he makes some valid points.

Pls. remember that ignoring problems with a product does not make the product better. Hopefully CB will never turn into a "Black-sheep" forum with no room for negative input when apropriate.

Just my 2 cents ;-)
    Joel Diplan and sergey_IL like this.
    08-22-13 01:53 PM
    Seems the BES is no where near ready (not sure on the techie stuff - just know it's atleast 6 months away where I work).
    I do not know if you mean "not implemented" or "not mature".

FYI – maybe some of these info may help you push the decision in the right direction:

Previously BES 10 was called Mobile Fusion. It consists of three components:
    1. BlackBerry Device Service (BDS) for managing PlayBooks and BB10 devices
    2. Universal Device Service (UDS) for iOS and Android management
    3. BlackBerry Management Studio (BMS) - single management console for all devices (connects to BES 5, BDS and UDS).

In a pure BB10 environment BDS would be the only component needed unless you need the "pretty GUI" for daily tasks like user management etc.

BDS is more or less BES 5 without the synchronization engine and a lot less policies (which was a mess before). BDS is running very well and "not ready" could be either a lack of knowledge or a need for more policies.

The old BES 5 had around 575 policies and on average only 15-20 settings was in use, so BlackBerry did the right thing to do some housekeeping here.

PS: There are currently twp license campaigns running:

The best campaign is ending 31th of August and will provide 2 EMM Corporate *perpetual* CALs worth about $99 each. These CAL's can be used for managing both BB10 as well as iOS/Android devices. Read the terms here: BlackBerry 10 Ready - Move To BlackBerry 10 - License Offer - Canada

The other campaign has been ongoing for a long time and ends 31st of December. I allows any BES 5 owner to trade all CALs to BES 10 CALs (for BB10 management only). It is done on a per-activated-device-basis meaning if you have 100 BES 5 CALs you can get 100 BES 10 CALs. The CALs are temporary until the end of the year and you will then receive a number of permanent CALs equivalent to the number of activated BB10 devices.
    INTz likes this.
    08-22-13 02:16 PM
    Management staff at our company can only BB. I am the only one, world wide, that still has the Z10 in the company cause i chose not to return it. I just login and check my emails at work. Waiting too long for the Z10 just to return it because someone realised too late that it wont work. Good for me though. I like the Z10.
    08-28-13 06:02 AM
    I keep hearing stuff like this and I think it comes down to inept IT depts. whose lack of knowledge or laziness keeps them from upgrading. As far as I know, the new management system can manage iOS and Android devices as well so there's really no excuse to not give a choice anyway. A relative of mine told me a few months ago that he didn't think he was going to be able to get the new BB because his IT guys said it didn't pass their security, not long after the DoD gave it the nod, made me LOL... as I said excuses.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-28-13 06:19 AM