So I've been having a terrible time with my contacts lately. Some not being available when I needed them, many being duplicated, triplicated, or even quadrupled, each time I restart the device. I think this stems from the contacts being synced/loaded from online sources such as my email accounts and facebook. I have several overlapping contacts in my accounts (Person A is a contact in gmail as well as hotmail, as well as facebook etc.) which results in them being listed several times in my contact list. I also have several stored to my SIM.

Also, whenever I try to do a Contact Sync using BB Link, only 1 contact is syncing. I've tried syncing to "Windows Contacts" as well as Outlook, and still only the same single contact moves over. BB Link tells me the sync was successful.

What I would like to do is force the phone to save all contacts in the the list to the device itself, then remove the contact syncing with the various accounts. Ideally saving all data for the contact (phone, email, birthday, picture, etc) locally on the device itself, then make a backup of this list to my local PC.

Does anyone know a way to make this happen?

Thanks.
    10-26-13 05:17 PM
    No idea on how to save contacts on Bb only apart turning off the sync of them with every account and then syncing from a computer via the Link to be honest, but if your problem is that contacts shows multiple times because they have multiple accounts you can just hide certain contacts' list from the app settings or linking them each other by entering in a single contact and then tapping the chain symbol.
    10-26-13 05:44 PM
    Yes, I have linked several, but to do that to everything would be quite a chore. And the link's don't hold whenever I update the OS. (I like loading the latest leaks).

The problem with turning off syncing of certain accounts is that no single account is complete. The overlap only in some contacts, not all. If I could easily get them all locally, I'd go through and cull out what needed to be removed, the make a "Master List" on my local PC and just use that from here on out.
    10-26-13 05:52 PM
    Well, you may proceed by exporting contacts from all your accounts like outlook etc and importing them in gmail (you decide if doing that by only selecting missing ones or all), then merging duplicates (you can find that option in the web app) and finally syncing everything from a single source. You'll find duplicates coming from facebook and other services that doesn't allow to export contacts and so you're forced to sync, but then you can either link remaining contacts (that should be fewer) or choose not to show them in the contacts' app settings

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:07 PM
    You are better off syncing with cloud. BB LINK only syncs BBlink contacts.

BlackBerry since 2006. Z10 Rogers 10.2. Halifax, NS.
    10-26-13 06:23 PM
    Try this app:

Check out IntouchApp Contacts - Backup + Sync + Auto-update in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/72643

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:30 PM
    To be honest, part of it is that I'd like to get everything out of the cloud in the first place. If I could get a program to go through my BlackBerry contact list and pull everything into my local outlook, I'd then delete all my online contact list. There is only one account I use a Web client for and it is connected to a company directory anyways. I don't need Hotmail, Gmail, etc to have any contacts stored with them.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:55 PM
    Try this app:

Check out IntouchApp Contacts - Backup + Sync + Auto-update in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - IntouchApp Contacts - Backup + Sync + Auto-update

Posted via CB10
    Noooooo... InTouchApp deleted over 1/3 of my contacts!!

I emailed the developer for help and they never responded. In addition, InTouchApp uploads all of your contacts to their server without giving you the option not to. So where are these stored? Who has access to them? How long are they kept? How do I delete them from the server?
    10-26-13 07:02 PM
    OK then try contact x...

Check out Contact X in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25909873

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:10 PM
    Noooooo... InTouchApp deleted over 1/3 of my contacts!!

I emailed the developer for help and they never responded. In addition, InTouchApp uploads all of your contacts to their server without giving you the option not to. So where are these stored? Who has access to them? How long are they kept? How do I delete them from the server?
    Don't use in touch, you will lose contacts. If you can get everything into outlook, then clear all contacts on device, then sync one way to device. All contacts will be linked to your PC. However, when you create new in BlackBerry, it creates two and links them. I just remove link and delete the local contact and keep PC one. That way my two way sync always works.

BlackBerry since 2006. Z10 Rogers 10.2. Halifax, NS.
    10-26-13 07:20 PM