Hello,

Is there a foolproof way of telling a completely native app from one that has been ported over by the developer? Perhaps somewhere deep in the settings that I'm missing?

Thanks!
    01-22-18 02:19 PM
    permission toggling.
    01-22-18 02:35 PM
    You can usually tell from the screen shots in BlackBerry World.

However, I was stuck on this same question recently as I couldn't tell for sure is Sound Hound was native or not. I was advised to download App Ninja from BlackBerry World for £0.75 which categorises your apps as Native, Web Works or Android.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974986

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 03:19 PM
    Hello,

Is there a foolproof way of telling a completely native app from one that has been ported over by the developer? Perhaps somewhere deep in the settings that I'm missing?

Thanks!
    You can probably make assumptions from looking at the permissions at: settings/app manager/go to application permissions.........

But the easiest way is with an app such as AppNinja (BBW) which will show you all kinds of info about each app in your device.
    01-22-18 03:20 PM
    You can usually tell from the screen shots in BlackBerry World.

However, I was stuck on this same question recently as I couldn't tell for sure is Sound Hound was native or not. I was advised to download App Ninja from BlackBerry World for £0.75 which categorises your apps as Native, Web Works or Android.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974986

Posted via CB10
    Either the permissions as already mentioned, or swipe from the top of screen if the Anrdoid back bar is disabled!
    01-22-18 04:11 PM
    Either the permissions as already mentioned, or swipe from the top of screen if the Anrdoid back bar is disabled!
    Can't developers choose to permanently hide the Android bar on their ported apps?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 07:30 PM
    Can't developers choose to permanently hide the Android bar on their ported apps?

Posted via CB10
    The top screen menu you get with swapping MUST be there if that's an android app.
    01-23-18 03:22 AM
    The top screen menu you get with swapping MUST be there if that's an android app.
    So does that mean Edge Extended Gold is completely native then? I tried swiping down a bunch on it but there's no Android bar whatsoever: https://streamable.com/32gyg

It sucks that they took it down from the app store. It was my favourite mobile game of all time—it was WAY ahead of its time. The Android version doesn't run nearly as quickly on BB10, which is what lead me to believe that the App World version was native in the first place.
    01-23-18 06:44 PM
    So does that mean Edge Extended Gold is completely native then? I tried swiping down a bunch on it but there's no Android bar whatsoever: https://streamable.com/32gyg

It sucks that they took it down from the app store. It was my favourite mobile game of all time—it was WAY ahead of its time. The Android version doesn't run nearly as quickly on BB10, which is what lead me to believe that the App World version was native in the first place.
    It seems a native app for me. Not a Cascade app, but not an Android app it seems.
    Does the app have any built-in menu?
    01-24-18 05:37 AM
    It seems a native app for me. Not a Cascade app, but not an Android app it seems.
    Does the app have any built-in menu?
    Yeah, it has an options menu and level selection menu, but nothing in Cascade.

I think I'll email the dev and see if I can't get the .bar.

I hate how you can pay for an app and then a dev can pull it anytime, even the day after you bought it, for any reason whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 02:28 PM