Wow, you can stream TV from your phone through FM frequency?
    In some gyms they generally broadcast the audio from the TVs on a certain fm frequency so that gym goers can choose whether or not to listen to/watch TV. Kind of like what they used to do at Drive In cinemas

I'm a little frustrated that it might not have one. ****, I guess it's cool as this is my first and only frustration with the phone lol. But I would've loved a radio for the phone because when I go to my gym, I can tune into the various tvs and music stations there as I work out by changing to the FM frequency. Dammit.
    If the new devices indeed don't have FM radios then your best bet may be to get a cheap mp3 player (I recommend the Sansa Clip) and use that to tune into the fm stations. Most cheap mp3 players have fm radios. The Sansa does for sure.
    01-22-13 01:53 PM
    Perhaps you should check if your gym has free wi-fi and, if so, use that to stream your local radio stations to you via TuneIn, Norbex, or some of the other internet radio apps that are/will be available on BB10.
    Wifi uses a lot more battery life than using the FM radio function.
    01-22-13 02:14 PM
    If the new devices indeed don't have FM radios then your best bet may be to get a cheap mp3 player (I recommend the Sansa Clip) and use that to tune into the fm stations. Most cheap mp3 players have fm radios. The Sansa does for sure.
    Well, so then you'll have to carry 2 devices... Another point for BB10 having FM radio...
    01-22-13 03:01 PM
    Ok, just to add to this mess. My wife has an HTC Inspire, it DOES NOT "technically" have FM Radio. What it DOES have is an app that allows you to recieve the FM Radio signal using your headphones as the antenna, then the app interperates the signal and plays the output for you. So "technically" it DOES NOT have "FM Radio", it has an app that does that.

She also still has her old Sony Walkman phone that she STILL dearly loves. It DOES have FM Radio on it, along with a pretty nifty mp3 capability. To her, it was exactly what she wanted. A phone that could double as a Walkman when at work and the gym. Sadly, that model is long outdated now and nothing has come along that does this as well and as simply.
    01-22-13 03:13 PM
    It's not bad to have. I use the FM Tuner on my EVO LTE from time to time, and freeze it when not in use.

It isn't high on my list of must-haves, but completely understand why some folks like it.

We don't know for sure that the new devices DON'T have em, do we?
    Last edited by trelawrence; 01-22-13 at 03:30 PM.
    01-22-13 03:19 PM
    I think we can safely bet that it will not have an FM reciever built in. Most everything has gone the way of iHeart or Pandora apps to handle that, which doesn't handle things like "I'm at the gym and want to hear the tv in front of my bike".
    01-22-13 03:26 PM
    Nice answer, radio on a blackberry.... Well i dont think this set of a blackberry is meant for the purpose of entertainment at all.....
    01-22-13 03:50 PM
    I think we can safely bet that it will not have an FM reciever built in. Most everything has gone the way of iHeart or Pandora apps to handle that, which doesn't handle things like "I'm at the gym and want to hear the tv in front of my bike".
    They ALL have FM receivers built in --- because basically ALL wifi mobile phone chipsets have FM receivers built in (like Playbook's wifi chipset).

Mobile Wireless LAN - WiLink� 7.0 Solutions

They just have to hook up the chipset with an antenna --- which like all 1980's-1990's Walkman, it is always the wire on your headphone that acts as the antenna.
    01-22-13 04:10 PM
    Aren't they're apps for this sort of thing?
    those apps use data
    01-22-13 04:33 PM
    Well, so then you'll have to carry 2 devices... Another point for BB10 having FM radio...
    Indeed. Like I said earlier, I'm all for BB10 having an FM radio. I was just offering suggestions if it doesn't. It really could go either way.

Maybe if it's not officially supported we can get an app for it like TerribleTim68 mentioned.
    01-22-13 07:09 PM
    Here's the thing that most people here are missing: even if the chipset has an FM receiver built in, the API's have not been released for it's use, so there will be no app for it since we can't talk to it. We have been given the gold release and as far as I know, there are no FM radio API's in it...

I seriously doubt it will be there.
    01-22-13 11:19 PM
    Most HTC Android phones have an FM radio. Some Samsungs and Motos have them as well. Which is why I own an HTC instead of a BB or IPhone.
    01-28-13 12:02 PM
    I really really wanted this feature for when I'm in the gym.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 01:13 AM
    Just that... Does anyone know if it's gonna have FM radio? I love to listen to local radio and it would be awesome if we could. For me FM radio is a must!!!
    Don't have it.... get an ipod nano
    02-05-13 01:14 AM
    No radio at all.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 01:15 AM
    Well, I for one am really VERY dissapointed that BlackBerry decided to not add FM Radio to the Z10.
    It is a really great way to keep up with news and sport and not burn through your bandwith, and surely a very inexpensive thing to add.

Hopefully someone at Blackberry realises that almost all Android phones (outside US it seems) do have them, and for lots of people this really is a dealbreaker (much better to carry one device around).
    Last edited by BobBeck; 02-11-13 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    02-11-13 11:57 AM
    It looks like it has the antenna provisions for it but its missing the application for the FM radio. Maybe they will add it in a future update.
    03-22-13 09:01 PM
    If you consider the business user base of BlackBerry phones, I'd like to see an AM radio on the phones. AM radio is typically home to talk shows, news, politics and business discussions. Business people would surely like to be able to listen to this.
    03-23-13 01:13 AM
    I know the BlackBerry 7 Curve line had radio support. Not sure if it was FM/AM or just FM, but it's a nice feature to have.

Even my now ancient Zune HD had radio support, although HD radio, whatever that was, wasn't in Canada at the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:03 PM
    Radio apps are kinda unprofessional. I think that they left it out to prevent clutter and to maintain the businesslike atmosphere of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:59 PM
    well....samsung S3 and note2 have it,htc one x have it too !!
    and all blackberry curve with os 7.1 have fm radio
    I'll bite, Correct. he's wrong, I have a 9310 curve with fm radio and it sounds incredible..
    03-23-13 08:03 PM
    Sad it has no FM Tuner but bought a Z10 anyway. Neutron music player is awesome... although not an FM tuner.
    03-23-13 08:14 PM
    Sad it has no FM Tuner but bought a Z10 anyway. Neutron music player is awesome... although not an FM tuner.
    Tunein radio. Has ALL radio stations from around the world

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-23-13 08:23 PM
    Tune in radio

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:32 PM
    FM radio on BB10?-s13_03_23__21_30_34.jpg

looks like fm radio to me..... add: it locks on to stations to no worries about
    fades. Nice addition when you're out and walking. Takes less juice than mp3s
    03-23-13 08:36 PM
68 123