I just tried it and it works, open up the keyboard and swipe right and bam, I'm back in the main hub

Posted via CB10
    I tried it, too, and it doesn't work. Do we have different Os versions? I've got the official 10.2.0.429 software version.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:13 PM
    I tried it, too, and it doesn't work. Do we have different Os versions? I've got the official 10.2.0.429 software version.

Posted via CB10
    Same here 10.2.0.429, probably a bug in your phone, a new update should fix it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:41 PM
    Same here 10.2.0.429, probably a bug in your phone, a new update should fix it.

Posted via CB10
    I'll keep my eyes open on this.

Greetings from Germany
    Phil

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:01 PM
    wow my Q10 getting smaller lol

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 had this since it's inception.

Floating Action Bar in 10.2.1-img_00001193.png

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:16 PM
    wow my Q10 getting smaller lol

Posted via CB10
    Bwahahaha

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-19-14 07:26 PM
    The Q10 had this since it's inception.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001193.png 
Views:	1483 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	239992

Posted via CB10
    I'm just joking

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-19-14 07:30 PM
    I have got soo used to gestures, I wish they would allow a swipe back to act as a cancel button push on some screens that require the cancel button to be pushed. It annoys me how the swipe back won't work on those screens such as composing a text message etc.
    01-19-14 09:19 PM
    For some silly reason swiping back doesn't work when bbm'ing via the hub. Same with WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    Swipe back doesn't work for FB in the hub

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:22 PM
    I understand that this makes the Q screen smaller, but i love this new feature on my Z10. it doesn't have anything to do with new users because if you have your keyboard opened, the swipe from left to right feature in sms doesn't work (well, at least for me on 10.2.1.1925 it doesn't), so if you're typing one-handed having to long press/swiping down with 2 fingers is a pain, so having the back button showed is really a time saver for me.
    01-20-14 02:16 AM
    Swipe back doesn't work for FB in the hub

Posted via CB10
    It works, swipe works for FB in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:25 AM
    I'm absolutely glad they added this floating bar (running Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925), you know why? I send pictures and other attachments via FB messages quite often and before this feature keyboard used to cover the "Add attachment" icon on the bottom bar, so I had to hide keyboard first and then manage attachments. But now with the floating bar above the keyboard, I'm absolutely happy and it saves me loads of time.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:56 AM
    you have to swipe back above the keyboard on the screen for it to work.
    So if the keyboard is up and you swipe over the keyboard it doesn't go back
    But if you swipe above the keyboard in the space where the messages are being displayed it does take you back
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-20-14 08:07 AM
    I hope I can remove the bar in future.
    An gesture controlled os is cool and I want to use it, no need for big bars with a back button @.@

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drau�en richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu k�ssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    01-28-14 12:45 PM
    Must be a bug with your phone. I've had every official Bell release (no leaks) and the swipe back (with keyboard up) works every time in both SMS and BBM.

There's NO need for a persistent back button. This aint Android.
    01-28-14 08:49 PM
    the swipe down feature to hide the keyboard is gone, now u just have to tab on the open space above the keyboard where the messages are being displayed & the keyboard goes down, but this only happens in text msgs, bbm & Watsapp, it does not work with emails.
    01-29-14 02:38 AM
    the swipe down feature to hide the keyboard is gone, now u just have to tab on the open space above the keyboard where the messages are being displayed & the keyboard goes down, but this only happens in text msgs, bbm & Watsapp, it does not work with emails.
    So there's no way to hide the keyboard while writing an email? If you want to read what you've written, are you confined to the few lines of text between the floating action bar and the top of the screen now?
    01-29-14 11:36 AM
    You can hide the keyboard in two ways. long pressing the space bar or swipe down in the keyboard with two fingers. consequently you can also swipe up diagonally from the bezel to go back.

This is what I posted on a couple of other threads.

This honestly absolutely needs to be optional, its really bothering me. Completely undermines the 'flow' of things. its there even when in various settings and menu options, its an ever present black band of wasted space. It also looks like its a half-baked idea and I believe will evolve into a softer presence. it makes very little sense as we are able to go back to previous screens by just swiping across or by doing the diagonal swipe up from the bezel. This is an unnecessary third option for most of us who know how to use the OS. I can see the merit for users of other systems migrating to BB10. So the rational common ground would be to simply make it optional. The bar itself has plenty of room to add the option to it to make it easy. It makes even less sense as we are able to do this by swiping down while in the android runtime. So as I said, it seems like a half-baked idea and I am hopeful that this is soon to change. If any of the mods or editors of CB has had any insight into this please let us know.
    02-02-14 02:46 AM
    I'm not upgrading to 10.2.1 until this is optional. I don't care about Android apps and the floating action bar will annoy me way too much.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:21 AM
    I'm not upgrading to 10.2.1 until this is optional. I don't care about Android apps and the floating action bar will annoy me way too much.

Posted via CB10
    Yup I can see it annoy a lot of people enough. If one does not care about the new Android related benefits I can see the other benefits being undercut by this annoyance. Its quite stunning how intrusive that bar is really. Even for those who see value in it, don't you agree the implementation is intrusive? It's really not aesthetically pleasing

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:17 PM
    Yup I can see it annoy a lot of people enough. If one does not care about the new Android related benefits I can see the other benefits being undercut by this annoyance. Its quite stunning how intrusive that bar is really. Even for those who see value in it, don't you agree the implementation is intrusive? It's really not aesthetically pleasing

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it is extremely intrusive, which is why I won't upgrade. I bought BlackBerry 10 for efficiencies. They are removing efficiency to cater to users who are stupid or refuse to learn gestures. I don't care that the bar is there as long as I can DISABLE it.

This is a huge functional design change and we must be provided an option to disable it. It really is just training wheels for 90% who would use it anyway. Once you learn swiping most will not have a use for it.

Very few go from typing to attachments and back. Just type then hide keyboard and attach.

Not to mention it's not even fluid. When you bring up the keyboard it kind of jumps into place as a redraw. It isn't even naturally pushed up by the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-03-14 05:06 PM
45 12