Hi. When I get a new message, email, etc the LED flashes for a while, however it eventually goes off even though I haven't looked at the notification or touched the phone at all.

I come back to my phone to find that I have a new message but the LED is not flashing. The old BBOS didn't behave this way IIRC. In BBOS, the LED would flash untill some action was taken.

This kind of defeats the purpose of having a flashing LED on BB10.

I'm on Q10 BB10.1 MR.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

National Rail Times App for BB10 (Native Q10 and Z10) - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20352963
    10-09-13 02:29 PM
    evidently it happens on the z10 but not q10. i think it's set at 15 min, after which it will turn off. someone on this forum wrote the thinking behind this behavior is as follows: the phone is sitting on your desk you get a message can't answer, LED goes off. you see the LED and know you have a missed event. 15 minutes later it shuts off, but if you get another event it comes back on again. so for example, if your phone was flashing and you didn't check the message, and then you come back 1 hour later and your led is still flashing, presumably you would have more than one missed event. i agree that i'd rather have the led continue to flash until checked... no timeout. i think there are two apps that can remedy this, beebuzz and hub+.
    10-09-13 04:28 PM
    evidently it happens on the z10 but not q10. i think it's set at 15 min, after which it will turn off. someone on this forum wrote the thinking behind this behavior is as follows: the phone is sitting on your desk you get a message can't answer, LED goes off. you see the LED and know you have a missed event. 15 minutes later it shuts off, but if you get another event it comes back on again. so for example, if your phone was flashing and you didn't check the message, and then you come back 1 hour later and your led is still flashing, presumably you would have more than one missed event. i agree that i'd rather have the led continue to flash until checked... no timeout. i think there are two apps that can remedy this, beebuzz and hub+.
    And Color LED Messages app.

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    10-09-13 04:42 PM