Yeah some sites detect old flash and generate a bad message about it, which is unfortunate.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Is there a newer version of flash? Yeah2.so?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:45 PM
    The trick is to remove the [url] from the quoted post, then yours will show properly

Did you read the posts above yours?

You're looking at the mobile site

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    Thanks for the tip, and sorry I haven't notice it is on desktop mode, but we have an idea, use the mobile mode

БLД�КБЭЯЯУ PДSSPФЯT 10.3.1.2582
    03-18-15 01:42 AM
    Anyone want to test their flash browser? You should be able to watch a movie at AFDAH. Google it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-18-15 at 08:10 AM.
    03-18-15 07:07 AM
    Years ago I could not go with BlackBerry due to their poor browser, now I gave BlackBerry a shot and was pleasantly surprised and then they pull flash out from under our feet!!!! Agreed, very stupid decision when they should want BlackBerry to be a good option for everyone to migrate to. I've been reading these pages and trying to understand what's going on and hope you guys have thing down for this flash fix but sounds like there's still work to be done so I'll stay tuned. Haven't updated my passport yet and not sure I want to.

Thanks for all your work!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 08:24 AM
    Anyone want to test their flash browser? You should be able to watch a movie at AFDAH. Google it

Posted via CB10
    Another easiest way I've seen is just: http://isflashinstalled.com/

(shout out to Jo for pointing out to me).

03-18-15 09:45 AM
    Is there a newer version of flash? Yeah2.so?

Posted via CB10
    The downside is the flash library has been all BlackBerry and internal closed source code. Which means, the version we have is likely to be where we are stuck. Unless the Unix libflashplayer.so from Adobe somehow works in place of ours.

03-18-15 09:46 AM
    Is there any disadvantages from installing this bar file? *just wondering though

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:02 AM
    ...Unless the Unix libflashplayer.so from Adobe somehow works in place of ours.

Sounds interesting for a capable man like you.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    03-18-15 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    My apologies AFDAH must not be running on Flash, my wife's iphone plays it so it must be something else. Good site though for flicks.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:04 PM
    i have the original flash browser installed on my passport & flash works fine ...by the way, some sites detect the brand of the browser or phone & offer up the correct version of video, so one can't necessarily tell if flash is working unless definitely getting flash content ...so, now, what I wanna know is if the latest version of the flash browser is working fine, & whether it is freak safe or what? & if it isn't freak safe, what would I want to upgrade for right now ??
    03-18-15 01:05 PM
    This test was done with the Flash Browser. 24, the second release:

Flash Browser for 10.3.1-img_20150318_132945.png

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:30 PM
    I don't understand why majority use flash as pretty much majority of all websites utilise HTML5.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    03-18-15 02:58 PM
    I don't understand why majority use flash as pretty much majority of all websites utilise HTML5.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    Because there is still plenty of sites that simply don't switch from Flash, and plenty of these sites are still used by a bunch of us that can't use these sites anymore because some dude at BlackBerry decided to cripple the browser on BB10 prematurely, because he thought that everyone else in the Web was just waiting on BlackBerry to get rid of Flash so they can switch to HTML5.
    That dude also overestimated the BlackBerry browser recognition on countless pages that will simply not work, unless you have an Apple or Android device.
    That dude also overestimated the own BlackBerry World app availability to make up for these sites to use an app instead and thought it was just as good as Apple Store or Google Play.

That is the reason why we are having this thread and why there are smart people here are that sit down and work on that problem and then are generous to share this with us to make up for the wrong decisions that dude previously mentioned constantly makes, and gives the members of this community one more reason not to abandon BB10 for something else that doesn't need workarounds like this all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:46 PM
    Because there is still plenty of sites that simply don't switch from Flash, and plenty of these sites are still used by a bunch of us that can't use these sites anymore because some dude at BlackBerry decided to cripple the browser on BB10 prematurely, because he thought that everyone else in the Web was just waiting on BlackBerry to get rid of Flash so they can switch to HTML5.
    That dude also overestimated the BlackBerry browser recognition on countless pages that will simply not work, unless you have an Apple or Android device.
    That dude also overestimated the own BlackBerry World app availability to make up for these sites to use an app instead and thought it was just as good as Apple Store or Google Play.

That is the reason why we are having this thread and why there are smart people here are that sit down and work on that problem and then are generous to share this with us to make up for the wrong decisions that dude previously mentioned constantly makes, and gives the members of this community one more reason not to abandon BB10 for something else that doesn't need workarounds like this all the time.

Posted via CB10
    If work with android or ios and not with BB thwn you better write to admin of site youn use so much and ask him to make it work with BB browser. Its up to them , not android ,ios or BB developing !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-18-15 04:12 PM
    If work with android or ios and not with BB thwn you better write to admin of site youn use so much and ask him to make it work with BB browser. Its up to them , not android ,ios or BB developing !

LOL, yeah that would keep me pretty busy then. Besides that, they would probably not even give d..n about a BlackBerry user not being able to view the site as desired.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:16 PM

Please work on the typos/spelling..

And it doesn't matter, even if we write to them. In the shorter part of the long term, we need Flash or else we lose out on great content from any major news corp, or really any big website. Just take a quick stroll through the forums and you'll see there are literally 100s of big-name companies who's websites still run on Flash.

The reason we don't like the "mobile sites", generally speaking, is because, to be blunt, they suck. They're limited, offer the videos and content in lower quality, or cut out the content altogether and say you should view it from a desktop.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-18-15 06:21 PM
    I give you an example:

Take your BB10 device and try to watch a movie preview on VUDU without the Flash Browser provided in this thread...

You CAN'T!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:36 PM
    I give you an example:

Take your BB10 device and try to watch a movie preview on VUDU without the Flash Browser provided in this thread...

You CAN'T!

Posted via CB10
    But all movie previews are on youtube anyway. Just sayin

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 
    03-18-15 08:13 PM
    I just went to the Vudu site but I used my BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.0.908 and then with my wife's iphone 6 and they both play the trailer. Is that what you mean cause I know my BlackBerry is still on an old build with flash but the iphone should not have worked right?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 08:24 PM
    I just went to the Vudu site but I used my BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.0.908 and then with my wife's iphone 6 and they both play the trailer. Is that what you mean cause I know my BlackBerry is still on an old build with flash but the iphone should not have worked right?

Posted via CB10
    On the iPhone did you get the mobile page or desktop?
    03-18-15 09:10 PM
    I give you an example:

You CAN'T!

Posted via CB10
    I thought VUDU had a mobile app for this?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:19 PM
    Pretty sure I got the mobile. I'm still learning, what is the difference I thought it had flash or it didn't? So then the mobile is HTML5?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-18-15 at 10:30 PM.
    03-18-15 10:16 PM
    A little off topic, but partly why I will use desktop sites that require flash is that I don't seem to be able to enlarge areas of the web page on mobile sites. Some of the content on mobile sites is just too hard to look at without zooming. I am not referring to text, but pictures with captions or diagrams.

Is there a way to zoom in on mobile web sites?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:22 PM
    I thought VUDU had a mobile app for this?

Posted via CB10
    The mobile app does not do previews.
    03-18-15 10:51 PM
    Pretty sure I got the mobile. I'm still learning, what is the difference I thought it had flash or it didn't? So then the mobile is HTML5?

Posted via CB10
    The mobile page has larger fonts and is portrait format. The desktop page is unreadable without zooming in in general.
    03-18-15 10:53 PM
268 ... 7891011