Having a Z10 and Z30 at home we are unable to update Android Whatsapp (every time we tried to start the updated app a message state there is a problem with the installation) and the native will stop working 31 Dec. Tried also to install 10.3.3 release but BB Link also stopped working and also Sachesi is unable to perform a backup.

Reading about Cobalt, WAAFixer I didn't understood if our is a standard problem, if there is a easy fix or is time to switch.

My wife is asking for an iPhone and I'm looking for a OnePlus, both of them can have BB Hub installed. I loved BB10 but really this Whatsapp thing started to appear a time consuming CPR.
    10-16-17 03:21 PM
    I don't think you can put Hub on an iPhone, though. Android only.
    davide445 likes this.
    10-16-17 03:24 PM
    You are right my fault didn't check, anyway I'll benefit from Hub on Android at least.
    Apart from the aging hw this is easily the single reason to switch.
    Will be nice at least the Android error message it's a common problem, I'm felling a bit dumb with no more options.
    10-16-17 03:30 PM
    What version of BB10 are you on? Does your existing WhatsApp install work?

With Android WhatsApp this fix should be all you need,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/
    10-16-17 05:28 PM
    Give the wife an iPhone and keep her content. I literally had this conversation in the mall today. Cheaper than a divorce.....LOL seriously, many times it's just about what they want to use with their friends or something else that we guys don't understand... Hey we're guys..... I use BB Android, my kids all IOS and my wife has used BB, then WP and now Android. I don't care, as long as she answers the phone or texts me back. When I met her, we only used landlines and I wished that one day we could afford mobile devices. Haven't times changed?????
    davide445 likes this.
    10-16-17 05:36 PM
    Happy wife, happy life. 😀
    10-16-17 05:51 PM
    Using 10.3.2.2836 in mine STL 100-2
    Android install stopped working some days ago since I suppose the installed version is no longer compatible with Whatsapp services.
    So we tried to update it without any success. Will try the fix, thanks.
    10-16-17 06:02 PM
    Using 10.3.2.2836 in mine STL 100-2
    Android install stopped working some days ago since I suppose the installed version is no longer compatible with Whatsapp services.
    So we tried to update it without any success. Will try the fix, thanks.
    Have you installed the Android runtime fix on your 10.3.2.2836 devices?

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    davide445 likes this.
    10-16-17 06:47 PM
    Tried to install this update and reinstall Whatsapp but given me exactly the same error message "The app has problems and need to be Re installed"
    Read somewhere there was some Android app uninstall error that prevents new version to be installed, any true in that?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by davide445; 10-18-17 at 07:04 AM.
    10-18-17 04:52 AM
    Nuke&pave.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-17 06:58 AM
    Since BBLink is not working even after a reinstallation on my laptop and also Sachesi didn't allow me for a backup, I can't do it.
    10-18-17 07:02 AM
    Tried to install this update and reinstall Whatsapp but given me exactly the same error message "The app has problems and need to be Re installed"
    Read somewhere there was some Android app uninstall error that prevents new version to be installed, any true in that?

Posted via CB10
    Have you restarted your device? You'll also need to uninstall the existing WhatsApp install, you can do this by downloading an app like Ghost Commander from BB World. Once it's open, go to Applications and long press WhatsApp, there should be an option to delete it in the list.

After that just reinstall WhatsApp and it should work fine.
    davide445 likes this.
    10-18-17 09:32 AM
    Yes I restarted it. Tried following your suggestion Ghost Commander, re-installed Android Whatsapp, same error, used GC to uninstall it so to start clean, reinstalled and same error "WhatsApp has a problem and it needs to be installed again".
    10.3.3 will be a solution, if I did find a way to install it?
    10-19-17 07:08 AM
    Yes I restarted it. Tried following your suggestion Ghost Commander, re-installed Android Whatsapp, same error, used GC to uninstall it so to start clean, reinstalled and same error "WhatsApp has a problem and it needs to be installed again".
    10.3.3 will be a solution, if I did find a way to install it?
    When you uninstall the app from Ghost Commander, does Ghost Commander crash at any point?
    10-19-17 10:07 AM
    When you uninstall the app from Ghost Commander, does Ghost Commander crash at any point?
    No he completed correctly the task.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 11:05 AM
    Strange, I'm not sure why this is happening. I guess you could try updating to 10.3.3 or using an autoloader to reload or update the OS but I'm not too familiar with the latter method.
    10-19-17 12:01 PM
    Give the wife an iPhone and keep her content. I literally had this conversation in the mall today. Cheaper than a divorce.....LOL seriously, many times it's just about what they want to use with their friends or something else that we guys don't understand... Hey we're guys..... I use BB Android, my kids all IOS and my wife has used BB, then WP and now Android. I don't care, as long as she answers the phone or texts me back. When I met her, we only used landlines and I wished that one day we could afford mobile devices. Haven't times changed?????
    Well, at least you're not in my shoes, where when I met my wife there were ONLY land lines!
    A high-tech phone system meant that you had TWO phones tied to the same land line so that you could answer the phone in the basement rather than running upstairs.

As a side discussion, after moving my wife from iPhone to Android because I'm cheap, I have found that IOS is MUCH easier than Android. For an old IT dog like myself I have no issues with switching (BB10->Android) and learning the little things that you have to do, but for my wife it's a real hassle. IOS is much more "appliance" like - just pick it up and it works.
    10-19-17 03:35 PM
    Well, at least you're not in my shoes, where when I met my wife there were ONLY land lines!
    A high-tech phone system meant that you had TWO phones tied to the same land line so that you could answer the phone in the basement rather than running upstairs.

As a side discussion, after moving my wife from iPhone to Android because I'm cheap, I have found that IOS is MUCH easier than Android. For an old IT dog like myself I have no issues with switching (BB10->Android) and learning the little things that you have to do, but for my wife it's a real hassle. IOS is much more "appliance" like - just pick it up and it works.
    I met her in '85. The mobile options were big money back then. We all used landlines back then. LOL. I'm your age or even older. Anyway, I think we're in the IOS line for her as well. She's done Palm, BlackBerry, Windows and recently tried Android. She's not a big fan of Android so IOS will probably be next for her. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. To steal quote above, Happy Wife, Happy Life....
    glwerry likes this.
    10-19-17 03:47 PM
    My Z30 successfully updated Android WhatsApp yesterday. Works exactly the same as on Android.
    10-19-17 04:20 PM
    My Z30 successfully updated Android WhatsApp yesterday. Works exactly the same as on Android.
    What BBOS release did you have?
    10-28-17 03:36 AM
    In india we Actually don't face any problem,even i use z10 too. my os is 10.3.3.2still no issue with the any app,i suggest you kindly don't install android runtime in bb z10 that is my experience..good luck

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 03:55 AM
    In india we Actually don't face any problem,even i use z10 too. my os is 10.3.3.2still no issue with the any app,i suggest you kindly don't install android runtime in bb z10 that is my experience..good luck

Posted via CB10
    Understood but how do you deal with Whatsapp native app no more supported after 31th December? You need the Android one working to use it.
    10-28-17 04:34 AM
    I have a working android app...whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 05:07 AM
    With gurbani sttings

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 05:13 AM
    What BBOS release did you have?
    I have several different releases. I have the Passport, Leap, Classic, Z30, and Q5. Android Whatsapp works in all of them perfectly fine.
    10-28-17 09:48 AM
33 12