I can confirm that this solves the sideloading issue for devices that are able to skip setup, but am unable to test on a device stuck at setup as I don't have one in such a condition. Thanks to Leo and then TT for finalizing and putting together the steps.

Please read and follow each step meticulously;

NOTE: If you are able to skip through setup; wait for the "Complete Setup" notification to appear, tap on it, then tap "Open" at the bottom of the screen. Tap "Next" to get to the "Connect to Mobile Network" screen and proceed to step 2 below.

1. Start up your device, select English as the language, then proceed to the "Connect To A Mobile Network" screen.

2. Press the Power button of your device three times in quick succession. You will hear a short chime if successful. (You may need to try pressing the Power button three times and then tapping the screen quickly with two fingers.)

3. You will then see (and hear) a pop-up informing you the Screen Reader software has been turned on. Double-tap with two fingers to enable the software.

4. Tap, then double tap "Skip" on the cellular connection screen.

5. You will hear the Screen Reader start reading off comments about Blackberry ID, even though you will see the Wi-Fi setup screen that you've been stuck on for weeks. Wait until you heard the Screen Reader say "Skip" then IMMEDIATELY double tap the screen at the top left, right below the words "Connect to Wi-Fi".

6. You should see a pop-up allowing you to skip BBID creation. Tap, then double tap "Skip" again.

7. You will then go to the standard BBID sign-in screen. At this point you can turn Screen Reader off by pressing the power button three times in quick succession again.

8. Select "Skip" on the BBID screen.

9. If the Software Update screen appears, skip to step 10. If Regional Settings appears you will likely get an "Unable to Connect" error. If so:
    1. Press the Settings button, then tap on the Wi-Fi network you're currently connected to, and tap on the network again once it's done loading to reconnect to it.
    2. Tap the "Next" button at the bottom of the screen to go to the Regional Update screen, and "Next" again immediately after it appears and it will take you to the Software Update screen. You may need to run through these two steps a few times to get past the error.

10. Software update will take a VERY long time but will eventually tell you it can't connect to Blackberry infrastructure and offer you the option to swipe left or set up Wi-Fi. SWIPE LEFT! (We don't want to go back to that Wi-Fi screen....)

11. You'll then see an Automatic Updates notification; tap OK.

12. You will then be taken to the standard gesture tutorials. Complete those and you're done! You will find you will be able to sideload normally and use any native BB10 app you want.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues.
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 01-10-23 at 11:35 AM.
    02-19-22 11:47 AM
    If this works --- what can I say --- it's insanity. How in the holy hell did anyone discover this method? It is beyond complex.
    02-19-22 01:17 PM
    If this works --- what can I say --- it's insanity. How in the holy hell did anyone discover this method? It is beyond complex.
    Just wild.
    02-19-22 01:33 PM
    It works. I can install bar app . Initial setup is completely finished (without BBID of course), after turn off/on phone also.
    Thank You!!
    horia_m and classiq10 like this.
    02-19-22 03:25 PM
    It works. I can install via DBBTool.exe bar app (for instance: StarPlayer-1_32_0_45.bar, ZuesBrowser_v5.bar).
    Initial setup is completely finished (without BBID of course), after turn off/on phone also.
    Thank You!!!
    02-19-22 03:35 PM
    And you need to redo this every time you restart or once it passes the setup, it will consider it completed?
    02-19-22 04:29 PM
    And you need to redo this every time you restart or once it passes the setup, it will consider it completed?
    Who knows? We need a few test cases first. I don't have a device to test this out and I'm not willing to sacrifice my working Passport.
    02-19-22 04:32 PM
    I tried this with my BB Leap and Passport and it works. I got by the setup screen on both devices. Don't know about sideloading yet. Thank You
    horia_m likes this.
    02-19-22 04:32 PM
    I think once you complete the setup steps the phone is activated and you never have to redo it, even after restart. The only time you'll have to repeat the steps is when you wipe the device and start brand new. I don't have a phone that's stuck on Wi-Fi screen to confirm these steps, but it looks like the solution has been found to keep using BB10 devices forever pretty much. I'm impressed.
    horia_m likes this.
    02-19-22 04:37 PM
    I tried this with my BB Leap and Passport and it works. I got by the setup screen on both devices. Don't know about sideloading yet. Thank You
    Can you try rebooting? And sideloading?
    02-19-22 04:47 PM
    Tried it on my BB classic...Restarting the device doesn't affect the activation (so far), and side loading works perfectly!
    02-19-22 04:52 PM
    Can you try rebooting? And sideloading?
    I've tried too now and sideloading definitely works. You will just have to contend with the constant BBID notification now.
    02-19-22 04:52 PM
    I've tried too now and sideloading definitely works. You will just have to contend with the constant BBID notification now.
    Do you have to do this on every boot, or is it a one-time thing?
    02-19-22 04:55 PM
    Do you have to do this on every boot, or is it a one-time thing?
    One time.
    02-19-22 05:06 PM
    As per TT's tests you'll only get stuck at WiFi once per device, after that you'll just need to run through the fix for sideloading after you wipe.
    02-19-22 05:12 PM
    Who knows? We need a few test cases first. I don't have a device to test this out and I'm not willing to sacrifice my working Passport.
    You still have your BBID on your Passport? Just musing if this fix may also affect the battery drain issue some were having.
    02-19-22 05:33 PM
    You still have your BBID on your Passport? Just musing if this fix may also affect the battery drain issue some were having.
    I removed my Protect account but did not remove BBID. However I am still getting the nag "Verify your BBID". And yes, I do have battery drain although it's not affecting my day to day operation.
    Ben xfg likes this.
    02-19-22 06:21 PM
    Have you done this on a device that doesn't get stuck on the initial Wi-Fi connection screen?

After skipping past the mobile connection screen, I don't get any audio verbiage about BBID, nor ever get any BBID screen.
    Last edited by conite; 02-19-22 at 07:01 PM.
    02-19-22 06:50 PM
    Have you done this on a device that doesn't get stuck on the initial Wi-Fi connection screen?

After skipping past the mobile connection screen, I don't get any audio verbiage about BBID, nor ever get any BBID screen.
    Yes, and have revised the guide to reflect the proper steps.
    02-19-22 07:46 PM
    Yes, and have revised the guide to reflect the proper steps.
    Bingo. Works great.

I have to say, the hardest part of all is turning on screen reader. It can take 10 minutes or more on some devices.
    brookie229, custerluca and horia_m like this.
    02-19-22 08:14 PM
    Bingo. Works great.

I have to say, the hardest part of all is turning on screen reader. It can take 10 minutes or more on some devices.
    Yeah, I found it took longer right after a reboot, but never 10 minutes. I did my tests on a Z30.
    02-19-22 08:33 PM
    I am sorry to turn this into an offtopic for a moment, but I have to mention again that I doubt updtating this initial setup and creating an immediate link to the end with a button would have been that big of a job for Blackberry. Seemingly getting stuck in the setup has nothing important to do with BB servers, that is not possible to skip with an update. And I guess if the lack of an update of this was Due to big security challenges and no programmer around to solve it, you couldn't skip the setup this way as discovered by this guy. A serious security barrier would not allow this backdoor. This is my view on things. Now we can get back to discussing the problem.
    02-20-22 03:02 AM
    Now next question is, will this method work if you autoload BlackBerry with an active BBID, i.e. where BBID was not removed prior to shutdown, will you be able to activate a phone like this or not?
    My guess is probably not, because you won't be able to confirm previous BBID that was on the phone that was not removed before shutdown. So basically this method is only applicable to BBID free devices.
    02-20-22 04:03 AM
    I tried this on my Passport which I had no problem refreshing with the latest autoloader. Of course, the issue was sideloading. Instructions work perfectly. What it actually does is using the screen reader to give you audible guide of all options available (including SKIP) as the visuals on your actual screen miss the SKIP button. Very, very cleaver! I don't think this could be used on devices that cannot escape the setup screen as one needs to be able to access settings and turn the screen reader on. Even from the grave Blackberry is still a *****!
    02-20-22 04:18 AM
    I am sorry to turn this into an offtopic for a moment, but I have to mention again that I doubt updtating this initial setup and creating an immediate link to the end with a button would have been that big of a job for Blackberry. Seemingly getting stuck in the setup has nothing important to do with BB servers, that is not possible to skip with an update. And I guess if the lack of an update of this was Due to big security challenges and no programmer around to solve it, you couldn't skip the setup this way as discovered by this guy. A serious security barrier would not allow this backdoor. This is my view on things. Now we can get back to discussing the problem.
    Completely agree. But again, it's Blackberry. It's supposed to NOT do things properly.
    to boldly go likes this.
    02-20-22 04:20 AM
450 123 ...