I'm a stubborn and loyal consumer. But, one thing I don't want to be is STUPID. At this point in time, I just feel stupid for keeping up with this Q10. It's sad that I can't just get my money back as I'm one of the idiots who purchased on the first day, paying way too much for this shoddy device.

From day one, BB10 has been a let down. It looks and sounds good from far away but to have it in your hand has gone from excitement to downright disgust, for me. Then, with the impending upgrades/updates, I was duped into believing this device would get better. All BlackBerry has done is trade one disgraceful problem for another.

I have multiple complaints throughout Crackberry through the various OS updates. This will be the last time I say anything about this POS device and company attached to it.

Over the last week...

1) I've been completely unable to do anything through BlackBerry Link.
    2) Half of my music has somehow disappeared from the SD card, although all files show up in the file manager.
    3) I've missed multiple photo ops because the camera is STILL glitchy.
    4) Even with the latest update, the phone STILL resets on its own which is increasing on a daily basis.
    5) "Fixes" still include resetting the phone. I thought we wouldn't have to do that anymore!! That doesn't even help anymore.
    6) It takes far too long to scan my SD card (only 16GB of 64 used) and that's IF it actually scans at all.

What's changed on my end? NOTHING

Everything was working normally. I had my gripes but they weren't functional issues. These are functional issues. The most recent update I have is 10.2.1.176 and it had been fine since it was "leaked". All of a sudden... PROBLEMS.. what's the solution?.. NONE.

After every leak, few problems are fixed, most are ignored, and more problems are created. This has been the way BlackBerry has functioned since before OS7.

This stupidity has to end!

I won't even go into the shortcomings with the Hub and UI. If you have more than 2 emails, forget about it. And, the UI sucks compared to OS7. The options are severely limited.

The only thing keeping me around is this physical keyboard. I'm one of the few ppl out here who isn't hard up for screen size or apps (games). I need functionality. And, BlackBerry has been failing at that for too long. It's time to move on.

I'm not looking for any more fail fix advice or prayer vigils. Help me pick my next device. as long as it has a physical keyboard. What are my options? And, I'll never do Apple.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 12:58 PM
    Well, I guess I'm not going to convince you of otherwise.
    Try the WP system. Android's not my favourite at the moment. The system doesn't seem cohesive as it should. Bluetooth's been broken for 2 versions. And updates are sketchy and slow. Unless you have a Nexus line or a flagship, you're left wondering if your phone will get an update at all. LG promised updates for two of my past phones and then decided against it.
    Also, lag shutters are common.
    Honestly, sounds like iPhone or Windows Phone is a good choice. But keep your Q as a secondary.
    01-05-14 01:01 PM
    If you're running a leaked OS I have no sympathy for you, not that you're looking for any based on your post.

If you're running an official OS and the phone is under a year old, will BlackBerry or your carrier not exchange it? When I had my 9900 I had it exchanged within the first year and was not due to hardware issues but more os functionality issues.

Try out the alcatel phones, I hear they're great.
    01-05-14 01:03 PM
    Sounds like you have a bad SDD card and is causing all the issues you listed above

Pull out your SDD card ,reboot and run your phone for a day and see if all the weird stuff stops

CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-05-14 01:03 PM
    If you want something to simply "work", an iPhone is for you. Obviously, it's unreasonable to expect BB10 to simply "work".
    01-05-14 01:06 PM
    If you want something to simply "work", an iPhone is for you. Obviously, it's unreasonable to expect BB10 to simply "work".
    Yeah he should get a IPhone with IOS 7 full of bugs and lovely crap but wait you're a BlackBerry hater so what do we expect!

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-05-14 01:10 PM
    Yeah he should get a IPhone with IOS 7 full of bugs and lovely crap but wait you're a BlackBerry hater so what do we expect!

Posted via CB10
    Really? Maybe get your facts straight.
    01-05-14 01:11 PM
    10.2.1.176 is 10.2.1.1055.. the latest leaked version is 10.2.1.1925, try updating

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:11 PM
    Yup, bad SD. Swap it out.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1925 | STA100-3 10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 01:12 PM
    You're looking for polish, and iOS is definitely the most polished. Have a look at the 5S, for all the hate it gets on here it really is a great phone.

I get the feeling Windows Phone's few annoying bugs and lack of notification centre would annoy you, and Android isn't as easy to get on with.

Posted via CB10
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    And mission accomplished OP. Here we go. There is a sticky thread for those who are leaving. Use it.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and Boodrew like this.
    10.2.1.176 is 10.2.1.1055.. the latest leaked version is 10.2.1.1925, try updating

Posted via CB10
    Probably too little, too late for the OP. I continue to try and make BB10 work b/c I don't want an iPhone and hate Android, but I can understand the OP's frustration.
    Dear OP, apparently you're too lazy to diagnose your problem and let me tell you your phone might be faulty, and your SD card is probably broken.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    01-05-14 01:13 PM
    Yup, bad SD. Swap it out.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1925 | STA100-3 10.2.1.1925
    Could be. However, it is well known that Link is essentially useless, SD card not withstanding.
    01-05-14 01:14 PM
    Really? Maybe get your facts straight.
    Do you even own an IPhone?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:14 PM
    Mods please close this thread and tell OP to move this discussion to the appropriate sticky regarding leaving BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:15 PM
    Do you even own an IPhone?

Posted via CB10
    No, an iPad. Girlfriend has an iPhone 5S. Both have vastly superior contact & calendar sync management. Email is better on BB10.
    01-05-14 01:16 PM
    I'd love to help you. But you seem to leave these problems till the end instead of getting help sooner. Good luck with whichever next device you choose.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 01:18 PM
    Oh and the fact that you loaded up a leak and complain about problems is one more reason to not help you.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    goku_vegeta and Thesmartmale like this.
    01-05-14 01:19 PM
    No, an iPad. Girlfriend has an iPhone 5S. Both have vastly superior contact & calendar sync management. Email is better on BB10.
    Well I own an iPod, and I have a lot of family members with iPhones and some of them had constant restarts after each call, notes were getting deleted and contacts too so I don't know if you call that " it works " but it definitely doesn't " work " for me more than a BlackBerry works.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:21 PM
    Mods please close this thread and tell OP to move this discussion to the appropriate sticky regarding leaving BB10.

Posted via CB10
    They might if you report it. It does need to be moved, at least.
    Oh and the fact that you loaded up a leak and complain about problems is one more reason to not help you.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Seriously? People here constantly advocate leaks. Constantly tell everyone how the leaks are superior. BB10 bugs are fixed, etc. The official OS is packed full of bugs. The apologism for BB's utter dismal failures is unbelievable here.
    21stNow likes this.
    Well I own an iPod, and I have a lot of family members with iPhones and some of them had constant restarts after each call, notes were getting deleted and contacts too so I don't know if you call that " it works " but it definitely doesn't " work " for me more than a BlackBerry works.

Posted via CB10
    Then you and your friends are in the vast minority, as pretty much everyone reports and knows that iOS simply "works". BB10 simply doesn't.
    01-05-14 01:22 PM
    Seriously? People here constantly advocate leaks. Constantly tell everyone how the leaks are superior. BB10 bugs are fixed, etc. The official OS is packed full of bugs. The apologism for BB's utter dismal failures is unbelievable here.
    Apologist ? Are you joking ? I make things work whichever platform I'm on.... I've never advocated to load a leak if the person is not tech savvy enough to understand the risks... crackberry always post disclaimers about the risks.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Thesmartmale and scrapmetal58 like this.
    01-05-14 01:24 PM
    It's well known that leaks have bugs, it's not an official OS!

If you load a leak then don't complain about bugs.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 01:24 PM
52 123