Did the CIA convince BlackBerry to ignore the iPhone and release BB10 4 years too late?
    BlackBerry's marketing issues & poor business decisions and a theory about a widespread disinformation campaign are not mutually exclusive. Both did occur.

My question is whether or not there was a more insidious purpose behind the years undeserved BB10 criticism and dismissal. My question is whether it was systematic. If the amount of hatred amongst everyday people was somehow conditioned into people. How many times have you heard "oh I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones," verbatim? Or how many times have you read "BlackBerry should just give up," "should stop trying," or "should just die already."

With all that's come into question in the past year: corporate media agenda, literal state propaganda being both legalized and apparently realized, corporate subservience to intelligence agencies, political use of massive numbers of fake social media shill accounts...does it seem like such a farfetched theory to consider? I ask this of all those who would be dismissive in the thread, and I thank those with an open mind. I'm not saying this is the truth, I'm just pointing out some things that seem to fit a certain agenda that aligns with some disturbing revelations about the nature of our modern societies.

---

Now my actual question: was BB10 in any way more secure than Android or iOS? I mean inherently. Was BBOS? Was BlackBerry the kind of company who truly valued security? BBM and the dissemination universal encryption keys to law enforcement make me question BlackBerry's resolve, but how far back does this go? Perhaps it's impossible for us to answer, but it's an important question.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 08:53 AM
    BlackBerry's marketing issues & poor business decisions and a theory about a widespread disinformation campaign are not mutually exclusive. Both did occur.

My question is whether or not there was a more insidious purpose behind the years undeserved BB10 criticism and dismissal. My question is whether it was systematic. If the amount of hatred amongst everyday people was somehow conditioned into people. How many times have you heard "oh I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones," verbatim? Or how many times have you read "BlackBerry should just give up," "should stop trying," or "should just die already."

With all that's come into question in the past year: corporate media agenda, literal state propaganda being both legalized and apparently realized, corporate subservience to intelligence agencies, political use of massive numbers of fake social media shill accounts...does it seem like such a farfetched theory to consider? I ask this of all those who would be dismissive in the thread, and I thank those with an open mind. I'm not saying this is the truth, I'm just pointing out some things that seem to fit a certain agenda that aligns with some disturbing revelations about the nature of our modern societies.

---

Now my actual question: was BB10 in any way more secure than Android or iOS? I mean inherently. Perhaps it's impossible for us to answer, but it's an important question.

Posted via CB10

YES.... to the farfetched.

Was BB10 more secure.... really depends on how you planned to use it. For the average CrackBerry users willing to install files from any online site to get an app working - NO. And to be honest, PHONE, TEXT and EMAIL on a BlackBerry isn't anymore secure on a standard BB10 devices than it is on any other.

For enterprise users with a competent IT department using BES and a number of policies to lock down what a user could and could not do.... of course it was.
    03-08-17 09:01 AM
    YES.... to the farfetched.

Was BB10 more secure.... really depends on how you planned to use it. For the average CrackBerry users willing to install files from any online site to get an app working - NO. And to be honest, PHONE, TEXT and EMAIL on a BlackBerry isn't anymore secure on a standard BB10 devices than it is on any other.

For enterprise users with a competent IT department using BES and a number of policies to lock down what a user could and could not do.... of course it was.
    So had BB10 been accepted and used in corporate environments or amongst world governments, cyber-security might be a little better than it is now?

I'm more concerned about the use of iOS and Android devices as active bugs within sensitive environments. I wonder if BB10 treats microphones and cameras in different ways than the competition.

Because BB10 is based on a secure microkernel architecture that might have more direct access to hardware rather than a monolithic kernel that might rely more readily upon APIs that can be subverted, perhaps BB10 is truly more secure when it comes to control of hardware than Android.

I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility, but I really don't have the understanding to say. And SOC's like Snapdragon may be compromised in some ways themselves, however I'm not technically knowledgeable enough to know how relevant this might be.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 09:09 AM