Wikileaks releases FinFisher files to highlight government malware abuse | INTELLIGENCE | WORLD

"FinFisher can infect Apple OS X, Windows and Linux computers as well as Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows Phone devices."

Anyone know if this is referring to BB10, BBOS, or both? That's a pretty comprehensive list.
    10-15-14 09:14 AM
    Let's see...

Operating System: Win7 32bit FinFly Web: 4.0 FinSpy: 4.50 Issue: BlackBerry Payload generated with FS 4.50. It can be loaded w/out an issues into FinFly Web but during generation FinFly Web crashes. Several payloads were created. Same issue. BB payload combined with other payloads. Same issue. Other payloads w/out BB - No issue.
    Infected application is passed to Blackberry on sync but fails to start and heartbeat to the master. Tested BB Bold 9780 and Torch 9860 running V7.x Both BB will infect and remove when software is run manually.
    I may be wrong but this bit does not sound like much of a threat lol...

Created a Trojan and infected a blackberry phone 9780 for testing purposes. During the trojan installation, i noticed that it does not ask for permissions to be set, neither does it ask for a device reboot. The infected device does not transmit an sms heartbeat, neither does it ever show up on the system
    Some tests were carried out using a Data bundle plan and Blackberry Internet Service for a Service provider - Airtel Nigeria on Symbian Nokia 500, Android Galaxy Pocket and Blackberry 9780. On each instance the device would take ages before it sent an sms heratbeat, after which the target would not send any other heartbeat to the agent - No matter the actions carried out on the device to prompt it. Even changes to the configuration of the Trojan/ Emergency configuration never get sent/delivered to the target. We would like to know whether any development could be done to get around the peculiarities of Network providers in Nigeria, especially Airtel.
    Hi support, i have a problem with a BB data submission, on the master side I can receive the heartbit at regular interval , but no data is sent to master also if the user on the infected phone produce data for the installed modules like BlackBerry Messenger ...
    Support for BB10 is schedule for Q4 2014.

If I am reading this right, they can infect a legacy device MANUALLY (they grab the device and install the trojan like any other app - which means we would have to be made to install it) and then... It doesn't do much.

Can anyone confirm?

https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/database.html
    10-15-14 09:39 AM
    There is lots of discussion of FinFisher in various threads. I don't see anything new here. But to be hones I haven't looked too closely at it. Too many cries of wolf, and too many things that do need to be worried about.
    10-15-14 10:03 AM
    Some tests were carried out using a Data bundle plan and Blackberry Internet Service for a Service provider
    So it sounds like legacy devices are secure from a remote threat. But is that a function of BBOS or BIS? And what of BB10?
    10-15-14 10:09 AM
    It is a function of BBOS. We will have to wait for any releases post BB10 support but I suspect the story will be the same their. The application will have to be installed by someone with possession of the device and knowledge of the password. It will have access to what ever data the permission it is granted give it.
    Old_Mil likes this.
    10-15-14 10:33 AM