I'm not the only one: I look at a "findings and fixes" thread and have a ***** of a time to find the actual findings and fixes in all the chaff posts.

Whoever starts the "Findings and Fixes" thread, curate it. Please repeatedly edit your initial post with a list of the actual findings and fixes. This results in a nice executive summary of the information people are looking for when they visit the thread. They have the option of sifting through the thread details, but it would be so nice to visit a Findings and Fixes thread actually find the findings and fixes.

...just a suggestion.
    rcab and askarian like this.
    03-30-15 12:20 PM
    03-30-15 12:26 PM
    Great... so there is a lot of people who want this to happen, but no OP gives a sh!t enough to do it.
    03-30-15 02:26 PM
    Just follow the thread from the beginning is what I do. Seems reasonable. Cb10 helps in that it brings you back to where you left off.

And who are we kidding? No one ever reads the first post and that's a fact!

(see cobalts Google play store thread)

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    03-30-15 02:46 PM
    Great... so there is a lot of people who want this to happen, but no OP gives a sh!t enough to do it.
    Correct. It's only to boost to their own ego. Any suggestions?
    03-30-15 03:24 PM
    A significant proportion of issues are not OS-related, but installation method and user error. Very hard to summarise properly, without misleading people with inaccurate information. Listing "issues" as defacto problems with the OS, when they may not be, is tricky and subjective.

If people are really that interested in installing leaks, they should have the ability and patience to look through at least the first dozen pages on a thread to give them the proper flavour.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 03-30-15 at 07:15 PM.
    03-30-15 03:33 PM
    Just follow the thread from the beginning is what I do. Seems reasonable. Cb10 helps in that it brings you back to where you left off.

And who are we kidding? No one ever reads the first post and that's a fact!

(see cobalts Google play store thread)

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    When you have 650 posts, it takes for ever to retrieve the information.
    I agree with the OP, if you open the thread, takes care of it or a moderator should close it right away.
    Until it is policed, we will keep chaos.
    Fame will have to come at the price of a little bit of work.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 06:55 PM
    Especially when people seem to want to be first to post the findings fixes thread as some sort of accomplishment. With great power comes great responsibility.

Z30 STA100-5 on OS 10.3.2.281 / SR 10.3.2.158
    03-30-15 07:44 PM
    A significant proportion of issues are not OS-related, but installation method and user error. Very hard to summarise properly, without misleading people with inaccurate information. Listing "issues" as defacto problems with the OS, when they may not be, is tricky and subjective.

If people are really that interested in installing leaks, they should have the ability and patience to look through at least the first dozen pages on a thread to give them the proper flavour.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    And those issues are reapeated with each install by what seems like the same users every time. People don't like to read/learn before asking (aka demanding) an answer, solution, or autoloader.

BerryLeaks did a great job of listing known issues and if they had found a resolution or not. Didn't mean there wasn't a resolution to be found if it wasn't listed, but if one was found, the OP was updated. Those were very helpful posts.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:29 AM
    I will try to do it tonight...(or by tomorrow)

Will post my results as: (reading through all posts in the thread)
    Good ( 1 or no issue )
    Neutral ( upto 3 issues)
    Bad ( more than 3 issues)
    -----
    Will also judge by the reaction of the author of the post... a lot of counting to be done...

B.t.w: I have the 2nd post in the findings and fixes thread for 2708 OS.

Posted via my  z30/2708
    03-31-15 11:20 AM
    When I started a "fix" thread, it was with the intent of helping those users who had trouble with their device, after installing a leaked OS, Dev or Alpha build with the purpose of offering potential solutions. It was a thread designed for those to help those that needed help, and I sub modded it.

The current crop of threads, titled F&F, are just that...a title. The OP offers neither find nor fix. Not even a screen shot is posted. Mods should rename them what they are, a Thanks And Likes thread.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) and jabia like this.
    03-31-15 12:06 PM
    When I started a "fix" thread, it was with the intent of helping those users who had trouble with their device, after installing a leaked OS, Dev or Alpha build with the purpose of offering potential solutions. It was a thread designed for those to help those that needed help, and I sub modded it.

The current crop of threads, titled F&F, are just that...a title. The OP offers neither find nor fix. Not even a screen shot is posted. Mods should rename them what they are, a Thanks And Likes thread.

Maybe so, but I give more likes and thanks than I ever receive , so there you big drink of chocolate milk,

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and SteelGreek like this.
    03-31-15 09:43 PM
    I had berry leaks up but I took it down cause no one was using it.
    I can always bring it back up if people are willing to use it

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 12:00 AM
    I will try to do it tonight...(or by tomorrow)

Will post my results as: (reading through all posts in the thread)
    Good ( 1 or no issue )
    Neutral ( upto 3 issues)
    Bad ( more than 3 issues)
    -----
    Will also judge by the reaction of the author of the post... a lot of counting to be done...

B.t.w: I have the 2nd post in the findings and fixes thread for 2708 OS.
    What you've done (or something similar) should be in every F&F thread. Thank you for taking the time to do that so EVERYONE else doesn't have to.
    04-02-15 11:24 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    You are correct, I believe we need different threads for different methods of installations of the said OS.
    So, "F&F" for clean installations "no-restore" will not have bad reviews of the leak because someone didn't use the "Blitz" process correctly, or restored system settings.
    I understand we will have more threads for every leak but there will be less pages.

Since "F&F" does not actually mean that, then "Review" of the leak may be more appropriate as a title.

And may be someone that has experience with "baking" and "cooking" firmwares can write a "sticky" about the actual "under-the-hood" differences between destructive and non-destructive installations. That will help people to better decide which method to use.

I am not an expert but I don't "Blitz" more than once. And sometimes even then I have to reload the OS clean.

but after all, as someone else wrote above, people do not read the first post, so everything may be pointless in the end.
    04-02-15 04:37 PM
    Some of these are good ideas, others not so much. Regardless, it'll never happen because people don't / won't read /search before posting.

I'd be happy if the mods were a bit more brutal in deleting the useless posts so those folks putting forth some effort don't need to wade through so much crap. Again, I'm not holding my breath.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    04-02-15 08:34 PM
    What would be great is if CB allowed creating a thread that could be moderated by the creator of the thread. Only allow certain people to create F&F threads, and allow them to moderate out all of the garbage. Most F&F threads would then be collapsed down to about 20 posts. So much gee dee noise.
    rcab likes this.
    04-03-15 05:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please keep you sensible posts to yourself ;D

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 07:30 PM
    A long, long time ago - In a land far away - there was a group of helpful "superusers" who combined their collective knowledge and started posts that were extremely helpful, highly moderated, and actually contained relevant changes and vetted bugs or anomalies to the OS.

Sadly, this group was eaten alive by some misguided internal and external forces - and they disbanded.

Until this group, or their like decide to band together again, what you see in the open threads will continue to be what you get.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by torcheredsole56; 04-10-15 at 08:34 PM.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    04-10-15 08:08 PM
    A long, long time ago - In a land far away - there was a group of helpful "superusers" who combined their collective knowledge and started posts that were extremely helpful, highly moderated, and actually contained relevant changes and vetted bugs or anomalies to the OS.

Sadly, this group was eaten alive by some misguided internal and external forces - and they disbanded.

Until this group, or their like decide to band together again, what you see in the open threads will continue to be what you get.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it would be nice to have that group back, but it seems like no one has time to read through the forums these days and just keep asking until someone answers.
    04-10-15 09:32 PM
    Yes it would be nice to have that group back, but it seems like no one has time to read through the forums these days and just keep asking until someone answers.
    What are you trying to say? What's this thread about?
    04-10-15 10:43 PM
    Link to autoloader, plaise

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    tdyhedge and SteelGreek like this.
    04-10-15 10:45 PM
    [QUOTE=tdyhedge;11550845]What are you trying to say? What's this thread about?[/

Oh i'm sorry i thought it was the tell everyone tdyhedge is a SC
    tdyhedge likes this.
    04-10-15 10:45 PM