My passport flickers after 2 or 3 days, on random apps. I loaded 996 radio and it also flickers after 3 days, now I installed 1155 radio. I will see how it goes for few days. Hoping it will be fixed.

Passport 10.3.1.2072
    I've been using 10.3.1.2072 on my passport since it's been made available, and flickers seems to have disappeared after a week or so. At least I've had none in the last week.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 01:17 PM
    My passport flickers after 2 or 3 days, on random apps. I loaded 996 radio and it also flickers after 3 days, now I installed 1155 radio. I will see how it goes for few days. Hoping it will be fixed.

Passport 10.3.1.2072
    Let's hope it doesn't come back

When I was on 10.3.1.1154 the flickerings stop after couple of weeks of use or it could have been the 10.3.1.1194 apps that I have installed stopped the flickering!

For me passport so far on 10.3.1.2072 is smooth as butter :P

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2072
    01-28-15 01:35 PM
    Not sure if this already mentioned, but the date and time are wrong for files on Media Card.
    Problem with the File Manager?
    I've had this problem on various builds for several months. It seems to be about five hours behind on the times pictures and videos were taken. Annoying but since I understand how far off it is I can make sense of it.

my passport on this build has display issue
    refer to this video, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9j...ew?usp=sharing

does anyone have this issue?
    blinking screen in some situation on the 10.3.1.2072
    only happens randomly not 100%, happens once a day or two days
    saw it happens on different apps

loaded back to 10.3.0 official stock for 3 days so far, looks okay so far
    I have the same issue on my Passport although sometimes it only flickers on the bottom half of the screen. Very annoying. Usually a reboot will stop it for a while and when it happens it's just on random apps.

As what I assume is an extension of this issue sometimes on the camera app it'll have a green tint but it doesn't show up on the actual pictures or videos. Again random and a reboot will solve it for a while. Good thing the Passport is so fast the restart process seems to take half the time it did on my Z30.
    01-28-15 02:19 PM
    Z10 Used Autoloader - No restore.

Pretty nice OS. All of my issues are sound related. When I set 'Always Adjust Media Volume' to off, the rocker buttons have very little control over the Notifications Volume. Takes SEVERAL pushes to even get it to move at all. This has been happening on the last few leaks.

Also I have a bluetooth speaker...a iHOME iBT16. The speaker itself has no volume control, so all of the control is solely from the phone but it ONLY plays at full volume. I can't not turn it down with the phone. When I click the rocker button down, you can see the '-' (minus) sign turning blue as if it's responding to my pushing the rocker but the volume does not decrease.
    I've had the same issue with volume control with a Z10 and now a Passport and various OS 3.1 versions going to a bluetooth receiver. In my case, it's a BT receiver with a wire going to a tape cassette that goes into my old car tape deck. I had no other way to feed audio to the car's sound system, vintage 2000. My solution cost $6, which was a mechanical online volume control between the BT output and the cassette module. With your iHOME iBT16 you have no wired option.

You might try the paid Android app called Neutron Music Player on the Google Play Store, which has an independent gain control, that is, independent of the BlackBerry volume controls. Regardless of whether it solves your problem, and I suspect it will, Neuron is a great equalizer.
    01-28-15 02:54 PM
    I've had the same issue with volume control with a Z10 and now a Passport and various OS 3.1 versions going to a bluetooth receiver. In my case, it's a BT receiver with a wire going to a tape cassette that goes into my old car tape deck. I had no other way to feed audio to the car's sound system, vintage 2000. My solution cost $6, which was a mechanical online volume control between the BT output and the cassette module. With your iHOME iBT16 you have no wired option.

You might try the paid Android app called Neutron Music Player on the Google Play Store, which has an independent gain control, that is, independent of the BlackBerry volume controls. Regardless of whether it solves your problem, and I suspect it will, Neuron is a great equalizer.
    Neutron is also available in the BlackBerry App World and gets regular updates so I would recommend getting it from there. Great music player.
    01-28-15 03:17 PM
    Device BlackBerry Passport (non destructive update from 10.3.1.1154), my finding on 10.3.1.2072 :

Single Swipe to unlock is Back

Browser loads web pages faster

BlackBerry Maps loads and runs faster

Android Apps loads and runs faster

Camera focus improved, almost instant focus and quick to take pictures

Keyboard gestures: flick to select words is smoother

Apps in general opens faster and runner smoother

Over all noticing improvements, will update with new findings!

***UPDATE***

Battery: Device charged up to 100%, unplugged for 7 HOURS and was 97% (DID NOT USE BATTERY SAVING)

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2072
    Last edited by blackbird666; 01-29-15 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Battery Performance Update
    01-28-15 04:33 PM

Neutron Music Player is available on BlackBerry World and as far as I can tell it's native.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-28-15 06:07 PM
    [Bug] the sound level of video clips playing in Browser override the media level of device.

Hi there, as above, when U start to play a video clip in the Browser, if the sound level of the clip is set to maximum, then my device play the clip with maximum sound, despite I set the media volume of my device to minimun before. When this happens, if I stop the clip, or even close the Browser, the media volume of the device is set to that level of the clip.
    I think this should not be.
    What do you think or do you have this issue? How to solve this issue?

Thsnk you.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:37 PM
    Z10 Used Autoloader - No restore.

Pretty nice OS. All of my issues are sound related. When I set 'Always Adjust Media Volume' to off, the rocker buttons have very little control over the Notifications Volume. Takes SEVERAL pushes to even get it to move at all. This has been happening on the last few leaks.

Also I have a bluetooth speaker...a iHOME iBT16. The speaker itself has no volume control, so all of the control is solely from the phone but it ONLY plays at full volume. I can't not turn it down with the phone. When I click the rocker button down, you can see the '-' (minus) sign turning blue as if it's responding to my pushing the rocker but the volume does not decrease.
    It's not the OS, I have one of those speakers and the same happen to me with .1154 .1949 and this one, so I think the problem it's the speakers
    01-29-15 02:36 AM
    Did not see this reported yet but might have missed so I apologize.

Q 10, non-destructive 2072. Small but annoying thingie. In remember app when I set recurring task to say every week, I select due date for Friday, it will show recurrence for every Saturday. I am on UK locale setting. I wonder if this is seen by others as well. Have seen this before on .1949 as well.

Szczech
    01-29-15 02:58 AM
    It's not the OS, I have one of those speakers and the same happen to me with .1154 .1949 and this one, so I think the problem it's the speakers
    It's the OS. The volume has worked on other versions. Didn't work as well on 1154.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theegoldenone; 01-29-15 at 11:12 AM.
    01-29-15 09:27 AM
    All that graph shows is you barely used the phone. Display percentage is low is the first give away.
    01-29-15 03:18 PM
    I've seen posts about the 1154 radio loaded on the 2072 OS fixes the flicker issue. In my case (Z10 STL100-3) it appears that the 1273 radio has better signal strength, but I get random flashes of the screen.

Has anyone tried loading the 1299 radio on 2072?

I'll probably try that this weekend...
    Last edited by Lapwolf; 01-30-15 at 01:27 PM. Reason: My bad, I meant 2072 NOT 1272.
    01-30-15 01:01 PM
    I've seen posts about the 1154 radio loaded on the 1272 OS fixes the flicker issue. In my case (Z10 STL100-3) it appears that the 1273 radio has better signal strength, but I get random flashes of the screen.

Has anyone tried loading the 1299 radio on 1272?

I'll probably try that this weekend...
    Ok. Take a breath. You're confused. This OS thread is for 10.3.1.2072. The OS that leaked yesterday is older and it's 10.3.1.1298. There is no 1272 OS or1273 radio. Just making sure others don't get confused

PS. I thought only the passport was getting the flickering. I haven't seen one post about any other device that was getting the flicker. Are you sure you're talking about the same thing? I did get some flickering but it was resolved by just exiting the app and reopening. I re ran the autoloader on Sunday. Then when the coreOS was made available on Tuesday, I made a non-destructive autoloader and flashed the core OS. Haven't had any flicker

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 01:05 PM
    Ok. Take a breath. You're confused. This OS thread is for 10.3.1.2072. The OS that leaked yesterday is older and it's 10.3.1.1298. There is no 1272 OS or1273 radio. Just making sure others don't get confused

PS. I thought only the passport was getting the flickering. I haven't seen one post about any other device that was getting the flicker. Are you sure you're talking about the same thing? I did get some flickering but it was resolved by just exiting the app and reopening. I re ran the autoloader on Sunday. Then when the coreOS was made available on Tuesday, I made a non-destructive autoloader and flashed the core OS. Haven't had any flicker

Sorry for the confusion, I edited my post. I saw that on the passport, loading the 1154 radio on 2072 OS fixed the flicker. I'm on a Z10 and I notice that my screen will blackout for a second once in a while, hence my question.
    01-30-15 01:30 PM
    I have noticed an issue where I cannot restore media from the backup that I did just before upgrading. I've never had this issue before.

I was thinking of downgrading to the version I was at, attempting to restore then using the blitz version of the upgrade. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 04:33 PM
    This is the best of four Passport OS's including the stock non-leak. It's been two days only, but I've tested a lot of things. It's the best so far IMO. I've heard the term "smooth as butter" a couple of times. Agreed. Plus:
    -Quicker.
    -faster opening on Android apps and never see the green loading bar even first time opening after reboot.
    -Blend is excellent. Even works wirelessly for me now (could never get that working before.)
    -Device monitor appears to work now.
    -I've been using it more then usual while testing but batt life is at least as good if not better then .1154
    -Assistant is quicker.
    -Indexing is faster on reload and reboots.

I've never had much of an issue with the flickering, maybe two times in the two months I've had the phone, and haven't had an incident yet.
    01-30-15 04:37 PM
    Now 7 days in on the Passport with the 1155 radio on top of 2072, zero problems.

No flicker, nothing. No desire to reboot/reset/whatever to clear anything, etc. VPN autoconnect with saved WiFi APs remains functional and stable, advanced interactions are working fine, bluetooth headset and car connectivity is working as expected, etc.
    01-30-15 06:45 PM
    A very unpleasant bug with all the 10.3.1 versions is the browser- video bug.
    Try play a youtube video in the browser. After that, the browser becomes choppy and sluggish. You have to restart the browser to solve this.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:23 PM
    Now 7 days in on the Passport with the 1155 radio on top of 2072, zero problems.

No flicker, nothing. No desire to reboot/reset/whatever to clear anything, etc. VPN autoconnect with saved WiFi APs remains functional and stable, advanced interactions are working fine, bluetooth headset and car connectivity is working as expected, etc.
    Did you have flicker with the 2073 radio or didn't you try it?

I've had a couple of wifi droputs, slight flicker on occasion, and that strange spontaneous notifications switch to Silent (had that before, too) with 2072/2073. Otherwise good.

When I was on 1154, the 939 radio worked better than 1155 for me. But you're tempting me to load in 1155 radio now.
    01-31-15 12:07 AM
    Yes....

Posted via CB10
    I suspect the restore is the issue. I ended up reloading the OS and NOT restoring.

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 12:33 AM
    Finally in this OS version the browser is able to enter text into boxes on forums using phpBB without slowing to a snails pace then skipping typed letters with a 5 second delay. I resorted to using sideloaded Tapatalk but this was far from ideal as one forum (volvo-480-europe.org/forum) didn't support it.

Its such a small thing but as I view two forums daily it did make me consider leaving BB10 as it was pretty poor of the Blackberry browser to stumble on such a simple thing: entering text in boxes! And, considering the Playbook, which I'm using now, could do it without hassle it was pretty poor too.

Also, this OS has really good battery life compared to anything I have used on my Q10 before. It now can last ALL day without a top up after work. For me, it is hours better, and I've had loads of leaks on it.
    01-31-15 05:41 AM
    Thanks for the great insight, first I must commend you for your great service.

I did my Blitz installation exactly the way you described and I saw the effects due to the fact that I came from 10.2.1 OS.

My greatest issue is not having to be able to run my Android related apps, phone wouldn't just download ask files anymore.

My android stores are no more working. Goggle play store too is not working. I only get a green line indicating progress of the app opening but quits.

Large battery drain just as you've stated is being witnessed.

Checked the status of my battery at %67 I get 6 hours of use remaining - awkward.

In this context, what can I do?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachment 330881
    Attachment 330882

From my ZedThir30 with Love
    01-31-15 08:01 AM

I did my Blitz installation exactly the way you described and I saw the effects due to the fact that I came from 10.2.1 OS.

My greatest issue is not having to be able to run my Android related apps, phone wouldn't just download ask files anymore.

My android stores are no more working. Goggle play store too is not working. I only get a green line indicating progress of the app opening but quits.

Checked the status of my battery at %67 I get 6 hours of use remaining - awkward.

Thanks.

You made a major jump from 10.2 to 10.3. A non- destructive (Blitz) install is usually not recommended when making a leap in o.s,.'s like that. However that doesn't mean it may not settle down with time. I'd give it at least two days to settle if you don't want to do an autoloader right away. Android apps are *never* going to open right after the update. It will take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to two-three days for everything to index and work quickly and smoothly. This goes for battery life as well. It will be bad for the first day or two.
    Hope this helps.
    01-31-15 08:15 AM

Thanks

First of all, the version of Google play that you had for 10.2.1 is a different version than the one needed for 10.3.1, so delete that and go to cobalt's thread for the latest version. I would delete cobalt's 3 files and follow his steps to install them again. Try a few reboots holding down both volume keys until you see the loading circle. Let the phone boot up and leave it for 5 minutes. Don't run any android apps for 5 minutes. Then try.

If it was up to me, I'd start off fresh with an autoloader and don't restore which will whipe the device clean. Use a third party app for contacts and sync emails. Restores sometimes break things. This is what I do always. Never had any android problems. Ever

01-31-15 08:34 AM
434 ... 1314151617 ...