02-16-18 08:35 AM
154 1234 ...
tools
    What's app not working any alternate

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 11:31 PM
    How can you not use WA when everybody does. What do you do for living?
    This is funny. I don't use WA, so I don't know what am I doing on this thread. Are there people who are using WA for a living?

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and falbo like this.
    01-14-18 11:45 PM
    This is funny. I don't use WA, so I don't know what am I doing on this thread. Are there people who are using WA for a living?

Posted via CB10
    You are right....but some people have a closed mentality....
    01-15-18 12:12 AM
    Same here, Classic in Germany T-mobile. No longer sending anything is possible... duh. Just bought a k1 for my wife...

EDIT: invictus0 work around works for me.
    Last edited by Chris_R; 01-15-18 at 02:01 AM.
    01-15-18 01:19 AM
    Just got Nemorys version and the fixer from BlackBerry World and it works perfectly. Contacts are there. Just no hub notification.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 01:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Also found this funny but strange. I along with my wife and two kids have just started using WA since December but what's it got to do with what I do for a living! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 01:47 AM
    Also found this funny but strange. I along with my wife and two kids have just started using WA since December but what's it got to do with what I do for a living! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    You are right....but some people have a closed mentality....
    I understand some people. In the company I work for most of the people are using WA and they expect that if they have my phone number they will find me on WA. When they ask me why I don't use WA, I tell them: "the reason for that is personal, just like my phone".

Posted via CB10
    falbo likes this.
    01-15-18 01:55 AM
    Yeah, I know in the states nobody uses WhatsApp, but here in Germany it really IS essential, also for business, any kind of business that is. I make a handfull of phone calls a day but get a couple of 100s of messages via WhatsApp each day. Funny thing is I still receive messages just cannot answer any more.

And by the way, that wasn´t the deal as announced by WhatsApp. They always said it would continue to work until number verification or fresh install would be necessary.

So I´ll use the Android version from now on but it really is a setback comfortwise! Also the chat history cannot be imported as far as I know, or does anybody have an idea for this?

And one last thing: I´ve tried out the priv for a month and was close to jumping on it several times. I just don´t get it that anyone used to BB10 can really mean it when they´re saying Android is a step forward. Whenever it will be necessary to finally say goodbye to my Classic, the next phone will be an iPhone, also a setback but way better than any Googl-o-mat.
    01-15-18 02:18 AM
    Yeah, I know in the states nobody uses WhatsApp, but here in Germany it really IS essential, also for business, any kind of business that is. I make a handfull of phone calls a day but get a couple of 100s of messages via WhatsApp each day. Funny thing is I still receive messages just cannot answer any more.

And by the way, that wasn´t the deal as announced by WhatsApp. They always said it would continue to work until number verification or fresh install would be necessary.

So I´ll use the Android version from now on but it really is a setback comfortwise! Also the chat history cannot be imported as far as I know, or does anybody have an idea for this?

And one last thing: I´ve tried out the priv for a month and was close to jumping on it several times. I just don´t get it that anyone used to BB10 can really mean it when they´re saying Android is a step forward. Whenever it will be necessary to finally say goodbye to my Classic, the next phone will be an iPhone, also a setback but way better than any Googl-o-mat.
    it was very clear the app was going to stop working. The forums have been filled with threads warning to migrate off the BB10 version or possible get locked out and such. This should not surprise anyone. Its been known for quite some time

https://crackberry.com/whatsapp-blac...g-stop-working
    01-15-18 02:28 AM
    It doesn't work here - after doing all presented steps when I start whatsapp (android) it says that GooglePlay services are not served by this phone....Any solution for that?
    Around 3 months ago i was installing all this blackberry google id, google+whitelist etc, is it possible that this is a source of problems?
    Sadly whatsapp is the app that I used mostly and i don't want to change my phone just because it does not work any more
    Thanks in advance
    01-15-18 03:22 AM
    Does this work for the Z10?
    01-15-18 04:27 AM
    Did I say I have a problem? I just state the fact that I cant use my Passport with WA. It is saddening but I accept the fact. Where u saw me complaining or having a problem?? I simply waited for the final day so that I can use my PP for max. That's all. What is you guys' problem? That u MUST give a solution to everyone who doesnt even have a problem? Pathetic..

Posted via CB10
    But you can install the Android app on the Passport so why complain ?

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    01-15-18 05:07 AM
    Today exactly at midnight my whatsapp has stopped sending messages and it's appared in the place of "text a message" the phrase:" you cannot send message, your Phone no longer supported by whatsapp". So I tried to set back my data to yesterday and the same, but then I set back to 26 dicember(a date before 2018) and whatsapp worked again..so it's a temporary way to continue for some days.. with the problem that to go on web for example you have to set back your data in right time(beacuse certificates to navigate not working in wrong date setted) and back again to december.. My new Phone it arrives late in this month so I try to resist until I can so.
    01-15-18 05:45 AM
    Horrible day.

I installed the Android solution, and this app is useless without hub integration. I'm going to slowly transition off this application.
    Not sure why they just couldn't upgrade the bb10 app and keep it going. Whatsapp prided itself on connecting as many devices as possible. Wasn't that the fundamental purpose of the application?

I may be mistaken, but I remember reading somewhere here it was just one dev working on the bb10 port no? Could they not just afford to keep him or hire someone to maintain it? How big of a cost would that have been? All platforms would point to the same network infrastructure right?

I'm sure they looked at the data and it wasn't worth it for them. Now I just have to decide if they are worth it to me.

Glad there is at least a solution out there for bb10 users.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 07:15 AM
    I'm glad to hear it. If you want WhatsApp (and obviously don't value your privacy since you're comfortable letting Facebook monitor your communications within your network (not the contents of the messages, but the identities of all your contacts and the times of all your communications) , then you likely won't mind using Android or iOS, which are built on the same privacy model.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    You sure you don't got anybody who has used fb all their lives? Even if it's 1 guy, then your cell number is already with them. Unless you're absolutely sure of not even 1 soul who doesn't have your number & also uses fb.

To others who live in North america & wonder whats the big deal with WhatsApp.. well it's a replacement for SMS/MMS outside of North america. Many canadians use it too...maybe not bobs and bills in the states.
    01-15-18 07:15 AM
    Does this Android version has Hub notifications???

QUOTE=Invictus0;13116233]Why not install the Android app while you wait for your Keyone?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Run this once after installing, it'll only work if you have an SD card.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/60005088

Don't forget to save any important chats in the native app before you migrate over.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777[/QUOTE]
    ARQ-Keighley likes this.
    01-15-18 07:32 AM
    You sure you don't got anybody who has used fb all their lives? Even if it's 1 guy, then your cell number is already with them. Unless you're absolutely sure of not even 1 soul who doesn't have your number & also uses fb.

To others who live in North america & wonder whats the big deal with WhatsApp.. well it's a replacement for SMS/MMS outside of North america. Many canadians use it too...maybe not bobs and bills in the states.
    Most of us here understand the usefulness of WhatsApp and using with people in other countries because it's "free" SMS/MMS versus paying international SMS/MMS rates with your carrier?

If WhatsApp is that important, just buy supported Android/IOS device at this point. Right? That solves problem, correct?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-15-18 07:32 AM
    Most of us here understand the usefulness of WhatsApp and using with people in other countries because it's "free" SMS/MMS versus paying international SMS/MMS rates with your carrier?

If WhatsApp is that important, just buy supported Android/IOS device at this point. Right? That solves problem, correct?
    Im currently in florida too mate! I got most of the supported devices running whatsapp. Wish the rest were like the most of us here you referred to.
    01-15-18 07:35 AM
    Im currently in florida too mate! I got most of the supported devices running whatsapp. Wish the rest were like the most of us here you referred to.
    People are frustrated now because the BB10 EOL reality is beginning to sink in with the holdouts. It's been inevitable and WhatsApp has been very supportive, more than expected.

Like all businesses, they're in this for monetization, so it's time for moving on. I'm always puzzled though about everyone sideloading the Android versions. If you're going that route and using Android, why not get Android device. After 30 days on PRIV almost two years ago, BBAndroid is close enough for me and better than regular Android. Even regular Android is OK if you need certain apps.

I went through DTEK also. I now use AT&T KEYone and cheap A30 Plus for second line. It's good for now.

What part of Florida you in?
    01-15-18 07:50 AM
    Yup, my Whatsapp finally shut off its lights on my Z30. Oh well. An app will not make me move to another phone. It's gonna have to be my contacts finding away to get a hold of me this round.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 07:50 AM
    Yup, my Whatsapp finally shut off its lights on my Z30. Oh well. An app will not make me move to another phone. It's gonna have to be my contacts finding away to get a hold of me this round.

Posted via CB10
    At least you still have basic communication. If your contacts are that desperate to reach you, they'll either call, sms, or email.
    01-15-18 07:57 AM
    Facebook is a piece of disappointing crap... gently speaking...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 09:19 AM
    I do mind using Android or iOS. But then whats the choice? BlackBerry themselves have deserted BB10 long back.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    Well, obviously, you don't have to like Android and iOS. I was taking a Jan at people who complain about big companies mining their data while using WhatsApp, which is a Facebook product!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-15-18 09:34 AM
    Not sure why they just couldn't upgrade the bb10 app and keep it going. Whatsapp prided itself on connecting as many devices as possible. Wasn't that the fundamental purpose of the application?
    They had no choice. WA wants to be able to introduce features that are not compatible with the current BB10 API, which has been frozen in time for almost 3 years now.
    01-15-18 09:58 AM
    I can confirm this, my whatsapp just shows a screen with a message saying no more support xD

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 10:04 AM
154 1234 ...